low blood sugar problems and a number of issues after weightloss

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi all,

I just got back from school and I found out that I have Low Thyroid, and the doctor said the untreated low thyroid is the cause for me being sick. And the blood work showed a TSH level of 4.81% . I wasn't able to get my main doctor, but I have an appointment with another one at the same hospital for tomorrow so I can get on medication.
  • Well, thank goodness you've got a diagnosis. The imagination is a terrible thing to live with when you're really sick and exhausted.

You can, of course, confirm it with another doctor.

My sense is that there are lots of people on this site who've dealt with thyroid issues, or are on some kind of thyroid medication, and they can talk to you about their experiences.
  • Yes, I am very relieved to finally have an answer to what's causing my symptoms. Our minds do tend to think the worst thing possible when sick and not knowing the cause. I haven't been sick in years, and now I'm glad I have been so sick the past two weeks because it made me finally go to the doctor. I guess never going to the doctor is going to be a thing of the past for me.

I am already looking up everything I can about thyroid issues, my mom has the same hypothyroid and has already informed me on some information. But I like to research and have started looking through threads here on 3FC. I am now curious to see what kind of medication I will be put on. I'm hoping once on the medication my current issues will go away soon, I can't afford to miss anymore school or work than I already have.
  • Please keep us posted. I have had thyroid problems for years and if untreated, they can be quite serious.

I am currently on a combination of mostly Armour Thyroid with a little Synthroid thrown in there.

When my thyroid is low, I've experienced muscle cramps and spasms (bad), hair loss, low energy....
  • I'm glad you have gotten a diagnosis so you can get some treatment and hopefully start feeling better soon. Yes, I seem to recall several maintainers have had thyroid issues so I hope they can give you some advice. Please keep us updated.
  • thanks everyone, I wanted to let you know that the doctor didn't want to put me on any hypothyroid medicine. He thinks being sick caused the hypothyroid levels. He did give me an inhaler which has helped because I am still having some breathing troubles. And I am finally back to feeling almost healthy again after being sick for 3 weeks.
  • Keep us posted! It couldn't hurt to have your doc check your thyroid again at your next physical just in case. I'm hypothyroid and I know several other maintainers are as well, so feel free to ask if you have any questions about it.