Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 10:29 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

That's great Allison! Glad it came off as quickly as it went on. I'm nursing another cold. Bummer. Less severe than my last one but I've just got a faucet for my nose and eyes-- or it could be allergies-- who knows....

My weight was 124.8 this morning which is a whopping .2 under my redline. Guess I better not go wild and crazy!

I'm wearing my pedometer today. I'm going to aim to walk around as much as possible at work. So far I've got a whopping 470 steps. Better get moving!!
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #362  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hey all!

I am going to take my leave of this thread for a while. After three and a half years, I'm finally making peace with where I am now, and finally feeling like a true Maintainer. The work will continue, of course, but it's not going to be related to what the scale is doing, or accountability for what I eat. I'll focus more on the weekly chat thread, and the Exercise thread.

Best wishes to all of you on peeling off the pounds you want to lose! The support here is a key reason that I've been able to achieve, yes, I'm going to call it: my weight loss GOAL.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations,Becky ! !I will definitely see you around the maintenance threads.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #364  
critter lover

S/C/G: 160+/152/~135 and healthy

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
I am going to take my leave of this thread for a while. After three and a half years, I'm finally making peace with where I am now, and finally feeling like a true Maintainer. The work will continue, of course, but it's not going to be related to what the scale is doing, or accountability for what I eat. I'll focus more on the weekly chat thread, and the Exercise thread.
Congrats to you!! It sounds like you are in a great place now mentally/emotionally. That is really terrific.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #365  
Workin' It

Yay, Becky! We'll miss you but are proud of you for being comfortable.

Michele and everyone who checked on me, I'm doing okay today. I was in meetings all day yesterday and then we were at the hospital visiting DH's uncle who likely has cancer. I planned on walking up the stairs to my morning meeting, but when I got there I discovered it was on the 53rd floor! I wasn't prepared for that at all.

I kept my calories at 1150 yesterday, 1985 on Sunday. After the two 3000+ days before that I see those as a success.

I'm about halfway through Brain Over Binge. I'll look to see if there is a discussion thread, and comment on my thoughts there. If there isn't I'll either start one or come back here.

I'm trying to get better.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #366  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

Shannon - Glad to see you're feeling better and maybe getting back into a routine. I started a discussion thread on Brain Over Binge in the Maintenance section a couple of days ago but it hasn't really taken off. Maybe we've already discussed it to death here?

My weekend went well and my weekly weigh in on Monday morning was crazy - 125, down from 129.8 last Monday. Of course, we ALL know that 4.3 pounds of that loss was water. Now the comes the rough part - where losses slow to a snail's pace and I just want to be back under my stupid red line. It'll happen, I just have to not give up.

I hope everyone's week is going well!

Last edited by JenMusic; 02-26-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #367  
Workin' It

I just found the BOB thread Jen, and posted some thoughts.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #368  
critter lover

I am slowly regaining my eating self-control and ending the uncontrolled devouring. It is mind-boggling how much work I have managed to undo. I am still up 5 pounds, and that is all real weight - not a drop of excess retained water I can attribute to that! But much worse is the effect on my carb consumption. I had just gotten to a point last November where I only ate complex, healthy carbs and very little bread, and had almost totally eliminated sugar. Now my body is back to being a carb-craving machine. I will have to redo the weaning-off-carbs process all over again, and it is likely to be just as difficult this time around, if not more so.

Plus I have my annual review tomorrow. Oh the fun. At least I have a mini-vacation coming up this weekend. The boyfriend and I are going for a little ski trip for his birthday. Only two days off work, but that is more than I've had in a long time. I never struggle with poor eating habits when I'm away from work and relaxed, so this will be a good thing.

Hope everyone is having a good hump day!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:19 PM   #369  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Good for you, Becky!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #370  

I ended the month of February UP 1.6 pounds. That is not the way it is supposed to go.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #371  

bargoo - That's rough. I hope you don't let this beat you down.

The following is whiny. Feel free to ignore.
On Monday morning I was 125. Today I was 127.7 - it's water weight, really, from my upcoming TOM, but in any case it's aggravating and annoying since I was actually starting to feel like I'd made some progress. I'm tired and cold and sick of the weather. I'm moody (again, TOM). My BF's been sick and whiny all week and that makes me feel like I have to pretend to be chipper and I hate that. Oh, also, back in January when I was still making excuses I ordered 3 boxes of Girl Scout cookies that have since been delivered. They are "hidden," unopened, in my work filing cabinet. Not a chance those things are ever coming home. But in the meantime I really want to eat all of them.

Whew. I feel better now - sorry to spew, and no need to respond, really, I just needed to get that out there.

I hope you are all having better days, wherever you are!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #372  
critter lover

JenMusic - last month when I too was still making a whole bunch of excuses, I bought a box of GS cookies from two cute little girls in front of the grocery store. Then I went home and ate them. The whole box. All at once.

I sure wish I could take that back now. Those unopened boxes hiding in your desk drawer are a testament to your willpower!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #373  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZeeJay View Post
JenMusic - last month when I too was still making a whole bunch of excuses, I bought a box of GS cookies from two cute little girls in front of the grocery store. Then I went home and ate them. The whole box. All at once.

I sure wish I could take that back now. Those unopened boxes hiding in your desk drawer are a testament to your willpower!
Haha! Thanks, but it's much less willpower and much MORE the fact that they are at work, 25 miles from home. If they came anywhere near my house they'd be gone in a blink!

Today is cold and dreary here and I'm planning a beef stew with butternut squash for dinner. Food and exercise have been on plan all week - even last night when BF wanted to go to our favorite local pub and I was dying for a fatty burger and tater tots and a beer. I had a warming bowl of brunswick stew instead and watched BF's tater tots longingly. I think he was jealous of the attention I gave them.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I have five open boxes of GS cookies in my pantry! I have not touched them once! Will power or the fact that I really don't like them all that much? I don't know.

I succumbed to pizza last night. It was too late to cook and besides I was tuckered out from this week of moving! It was nice to just pick up the phone and hand over the cash.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #375  

Fortunately I didn't happen to run across any Girl Scouts or I would have caved, I am sure. Can't resist those Thin Mints.
Closed Thread