3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Living Maintenance (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance-170/)
-   -   Maintainers Weekly Chat Dec 17 - Dec 23 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/living-maintenance/271597-maintainers-weekly-chat-dec-17-dec-23-a.html)

traveling michele 12-20-2012 05:44 PM

Great news Allison-- glad you could have a Christmas miracle!

EZMONEY 12-20-2012 06:53 PM

Great news Allison....and go with the roasted peppers and onions on those tacos/burritos!

saef 12-21-2012 07:48 AM

Allison, what a Christmas gift you've just received! Peace of mind and goodwill toward all men (since they've entered into a stipulated agreement with you through their legal counsel).

I'll bet you can't believe how much lighter & brighter the world feels.

bargoo 12-21-2012 07:55 AM

I wasn't sure which thread to post this on so I am posting on both as I am an unashamed bragger.
5 years of maintenance ! I reached goal 12-21-07 , on that day I weighed 120.2 this morning I weighed 117.2.
My past weight loss efforts were that I could lose but I couldn't keep it off I can now say I have kept it off for 5 years.

CherryPie99 12-21-2012 08:13 AM

CONGRATS BARGOO!

Pretty funny - I weighed in at exactly 117.2 myself this morning and was pretty proud of myself for maintaining through the season so far. I hope that 5 years from now I can say the same thing as you!!

All of my holiday stuff will now be crammed between now and Christmas, starting tonight with a get together at my house.

My plan is to just enjoy myself and not worry about what I'm eating. I can't do that much damage physically or mentally in just a few days time, and so I'm just going to enjoy good food and good company!

Jen

BillBlueEyes 12-21-2012 08:28 AM

Happy Fifth, bargoo

And congrats for surviving the end of the Mayan Calender as well.

ICUwishing 12-21-2012 09:11 AM

Congratulations, bargoo!

allison, that has to be a huge relief. What a great gift!

bill, congrats to you on getting back to the land of the mobile. :)

I made a conscious decision to rage-eat yesterday. I ate a bowl of ice cream in the middle of the afternoon while um, expressing my extreme displeasure with the contractors who not only removed my downspouts while replacing siding, but also detached my telephone gang box from the old siding and left it oh so carefully on the ground ... wiring openings facing up, under the missing downspout, in the pouring rain. I do not have landline service at the moment, needless to say. :rolleyes: The ice cream did not solve the problem, but it did taste really good and it metaphorically cooled me off.

alinnell 12-21-2012 09:15 AM

Isn't it fun to be able to go somewhere and brag and then be congratulated for it? Way to go bargoo!!!!!

Megan1982 12-21-2012 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, that's right, today is the end of the world, isn't it? Hmm... the dog seems normal, and animals can usually sense these things. I think we're safe.

Last night I wrapped up BF's stocking gifts. Even though our vacation was our gift to each other, I like to leave him a stocking so he'll have something to unwrap on Christmas day. I'm saving the rest of my wrapping for after I arrive at my sister's, since I have to fly. My dad's yoga mat doesn't fit in my suitcase, so I guess I'm going to have to take it as a carry-on, sticking out of my tote bag, lol. If I get stuck in the airport I can pull it out and do some sun salutes to keep calm. I also did laundry, including washing my winter coat in preparation for packing, and finished caning my friend's chair. Finished product is attached! I enjoy doing crafty things when I have the time, but it's also nice to check it off the list. One less project waiting for me when I return home.

BF is getting home tonight with his new sailboat. He's trying to start a new charter business this season doing sailboat charters. I think it will do really well since no one does it here. He'll be the first in his niche. I fly out tomorrow and will be gone for 5 days.

Bargoo, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :bravo::cp::cb: 5 years of maintenance is quite a milestone. Definitely something to brag about. Keep up the great work!

Allison, wonderful you've finally been able to settle this lawsuit. It's been hanging over you for a long time. It definitely gives you one more thing to celebrate this holiday season! Also, it's probably too late, but I'd go with the roasted peppers and onions! Yummy! And if you happen to have leftovers, they're also delicious in egg scrambles or omelets.

Have a great Friday everyone. :)

bargoo 12-21-2012 10:10 AM

Megan, the chair is beautiful. I'll bet you could get a nice sideline business with the antique dealers in the area.

traveling michele 12-21-2012 10:26 AM

Have a wonderful trip Megan!!

And double congrats Bargoo (I also congratulated you on the other thread but you deserve extra bravos!).

Great attitude Jen. Enjoy your friends and family. I should try to employ your attitude with my upcoming travels/family/friends. How much damage can I do between now and January 1 when I return from Houston? HA HA.... I know I could do a TON! So, I'll still try to stick to plan and allow a little fun here and there-- including high tea tomorrow with my dd.

bargoo 12-21-2012 10:46 AM

Thanks, all for the congratulations. It has taken a whole lot of "keep on keeping on". Why wasn't I able to do it in the past ? I yoyoed for years. I think the difference is 3fc, i get a lot of encouragement and tips from those who have and are doing it, and I even learn from those who may give up and ultimately fail. I don't want to have that attitude that it's too much trouble or I can't do it. I have learned ,I can do it.

alinnell 12-21-2012 12:16 PM

I need some creative juice!

DH and I need to set up an LLC and we have to come up with a name. Our lawyer said not to use our names or the name of our company.

All we could think of was Culley Cat LLC.

While that would work just fine, it's kind of odd.

Any suggestions???

bargoo 12-21-2012 12:29 PM

Why not just Culley
Or an acronym of pets names Michlo, or some other combintion of their initials.

alinnell 12-21-2012 12:42 PM

Lets see:
Chico
Misty
Louie
Ringo
= Chimlor? I'm sure that name isn't taken! LOL