Maintainers Weekly Chat Dec 17 - Dec 23

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Jessica ! Congratulations ! Wonderful news !
  • Wow! Congratulations, Jessica!
  • Quote: I'm pregnant! What's more, I'm having twins! (No emoticon for twins I guess. ) They are due next June.
    Jessica, I remember when you were mulling over this, months ago, and I have to admit, I kind of wondered where you'd gone with it. Well, you aren't just doing it halfway. You're going for a matching set! Congratulations!

And I'm sorry about your sickness, and hope that will abate soon. The only comfort is, it's for a good cause, and there is a term limit.
  • Congratulations, Jessica! Great news!
  • Silver ! So good to hear from you, I have missed you, hope everything is going well for you . Happy Holidays .
  • Jessica~What wonderful news! Congrats! Can't wait to "follow" it on FB along with Glory's posts. Hoping your morning (all day) sickness is short lived. I was terribly sick for the first three months with both of my pregnancies and after that no troubles at all.

Quote:
    Who are the Grays and where does their money come from?
    Mike Gray's family is behind St. John's knits. I believe he kind of split from the family at one point and made cookies. I think he packaged the cookies for airlines--can't remember exactly. In any case, he's wildly rich (as are many of our clients).
  • Oh Jessica, that is fantastic news! Congratulations!
  • Jessica, I was in the grocery store yesterday and there was a couple with triplet boys ! They were so cute, I wuld guess them to be about 6 months old, maybe more.
    I told them I only got one at a time I feel cheated.
  • Congratulations Jessica Congratulations Jessica

Perhaps they'll share their birthday with the future Queen/King of England.
  • Double congrats Jessica!
    How exciting!!
  • Jessica

Dagmar
  • I am awash on a sea of sentimentality. Rod Stewart singing Christmas standards and carols - complete with strings, choirs, duets, etc. etc. So over the top (and he knows it) that it's fun!

And then he turns around and does a version of Silent Night that starts with just an acoustic guitar and his voice and I'm bawling my eyes out.

The holidays are a time!

Dagmar
  • Wasted 3 hours in front of the TV last night, in the far-flung hope that just maybe, somebody unique would be chosen on The Voice. Nope. More of the same. I think I'll declare myself a musical dinosaur and be done with it.

My mom sent a very welcome gift - big ole box of outstanding, premium citrus. We fell on it like vultures. Yumyumyum!

allison, the Gray house is magnificent. While I can't imagine wanting to live in such thing, it is truly beautiful to the eye and I hope they will absolutely love it.

dagmar, agree - crazy times. I'm laughing because I think my holiday has climaxed already. After DS's Saturday night concert, everything else seems sort of downhill, and I'm still floating on the warm fuzzies. I haven't been this positive about Christmas since I was a little kid!
  • Hey, what you two are feeling about Christmas -- Becky and Dagmar -- can you send some around my way? Cause I am in that annoyed, back-against-the-wall place, where I feel like all I do is rush to be in a certain place at a certain time, or to get something done on deadline. And I am starting to wonder what is the point? Isn't all that supposed to bring about a quiet space in which I can breathe and inhale some of that goodwill toward all men & women that sometimes floats in the air, amidst all the commercial glitter?

My department's going out to lunch soon. I want to laugh and talk. Maybe then I'll feel a little bit of it. That's what I want, not the damn food & wine.
  • Congratulations, Jessica!