3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintaining Momentum through the Holidays!

Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #76
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Michele - just saw the note about DD and her service dog. I'm so glad that she has him now. I know it was hard when the first one got hurt and they had to train a new one. It is good to hear that they are doing well together.

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:51 AM   #77
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Today at work, what a carb fest will be going on around me.

There's a cookie exchange happening, in which I won't participate, because I didn't bake or bring in anything. But many people in my dept. didn't, so I won't look like an anomaly, though I'll be one of the few females, as it's mostly the men who sat it out & mostly the women who showed up with the trays and plates covered in festive tinfoil and bows.

Then at lunchtime they're bringing in the towering boxes of pizzas. I'm not tempted: I have contempt for how often my employer tries to placate us for sustained periods of overwork by placing delivery orders. (To paraphrase a song by Pink: "Keep your pepperoni and give me the money.") I've brought a nice piece of marinated and seared tuna to put on top of a green salad.

I did NOT go to a 6 AM spin class this morning just to blow it on plates full of carbs.

Last edited by saef : 12-12-2012 at 11:52 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #78
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Saef, I've found that most of the time delivery pizza isn't that good anyway.

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #79

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Michele - just saw the note about DD and her service dog. I'm so glad that she has him now. I know it was hard when the first one got hurt and they had to train a new one. It is good to hear that they are doing well together.
Thanks Shannon. She actually did end up getting the first service dog (Owen). The second dog they were training wasn't doing as well, and Owen was 100% cleared medically, so they retrained him a bit so he'd remember all of the commands. They really felt like the match was a good one and so far it seems to be! I'm posting updates on facebook and you can subscribe to read her blog if you want-- she is an amazing writer.

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #80
Midsize B%^$#*tch

Went into the Carbfest room -- they'd put out plates of cookies along a kind of spotlit sideboard around the borders of the room -- and headed straight for the 2-liter soda bottles. Poured myself a generous Coke Zero. Chatted for maybe 10 minutes and then eased my way out. Some females in a corner seemed to be watching me avidly, but maybe it was my paranoia.

I had my tuna on a green salad at my desk and it was really good. There were some others eating at their desk.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM   #81
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Saef:
U go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calorie Counting Back to Maintenance Weight
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #82

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I had a couple of days earlier this week where I wasn't feeling well, consequently didn't feel like eating much. I estimate that I ate at least 400-500 calories a day less than normal. The result , I gained .6 0f a pound.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #83
Midsize B%^$#*tch

Bargoo, that's just another example of the body's illogic.

Kitty, thanks for the encouragement. I feel fine about my choice, though so many around me can't seem to fathom it. All I keep thinking is that I clock too much time at the gym to throw it away on something that really, I wouldn't even envision or want if it weren't suddenly visible and available.

We'll see how long my cold disenchantment lasts.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #84
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116/this is fine

Height: 5'5

Well done. I bet most of the cookies weren't even that great.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #85

saef, I am repeating what I posted on the chat thread. Are you OK? Is your office near where this tragic shooting occured today ? I hope you are working at home today. Let us know if you are OK.

Last edited by bargoo : 12-14-2012 at 05:29 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:47 PM   #86
Midsize B%^$#*tch

Bargoo, you're so kind. My office is located 45 miles from the elementary school, so I was nowhere near there. Unfortunately, that's well within commuting distance, by Tristate area standards, and my CT colleagues are in shock, though thankfully, our HR office has confirmed that no one has lost a child or other family member. But their children have lost friends. And there is a heavy feeling at the nearly-empty office today. An awful lot of people have been streaming home to work from home for the rest of the day since the news broke.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 PM   #87

Glad to hear you are OK, saef. Thanks for letting me know. I know there must have been chaos in and around that school after this tragis event.

Last edited by bargoo : 12-14-2012 at 05:51 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM   #88
Senior Curmudgeon

S/C/G: 162/127/125

Height: 5'2"

Small personal victory: I went to my synagogue's Chanukah service tonight, with about 30 different kinds of desserts put out afterward. I ate only fruit, and a (generous) handful of cashews. I CAN do this. I CAN get back to goal weight.

Currently maintaining a semblance of calm.
neurodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #89

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Sometimes the holiday season is easier for those of us who are very alone. I have one family dinner to attend, Christmas Day with DH, and then a brunch at the end of the year. That's it. So not much of a challenge as far as social pressure to eat goes.

I'm finding I'm in a zone where I'm too tired to eat most nights too. I guess that is a good thing. I have to make it through one more week of frenetic activity and then Christmas itself will be pretty easy.

I am so looking forward to my time off. It will be busy, but not frantic. I will go and do some of those things I've been promising myself I'll do - art gallery, museums, movies, etc. And I will set aside an hour every day to read and an hour to have a pot of mint tea with DH and chat.

And my next health thing is to quit the energy drinks. That starts Dec. 24 and I should be weaned off them by Jan 1. I'm going to be in good shape mentally and emotionally by the first day of 2013.

Good Saturday all! Time to throw myself into the whirlwind once again.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #90
Midsize B%^$#*tch

I'm talking myself into scheduling some downtime this weekend -- I am learning and re-learning that if I don't, I'll get resentful of the pace that I'm driving myself at and I will "act out" this resentment in a way that is not healthy, by standing up in the kitchen eating handfuls of almonds probably ... or will balk like a mule by oversleeping and refusing to stand up away from the dining room table, newspapers and coffee when I ought to.

Off to the gym, then to see Patrick at his new salon -- he's moved again! -- then grocery shopping and cooking. There's a movie I should catch but I am thinking that might be overdoing it.

Weight management = life management.

Last edited by saef : 12-15-2012 at 09:25 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.