Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #166  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, this week-end is my last hurrah. I haven't been on the scale since Dec. 21 but I will weigh Jan. 1 and start fresh. I am such a cliche!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #167  
Workin' It

Thanks for the reminder of the perfection post, Becky. I needed it.

I'm still weighing daily, but am numb to the number. I'll get through NYE and recover. DH is down with what is likely the flu so I have my hands full with DSS and the last holiday party at my parents. They were supposed to come up here, but my mom is also recovering from flu and dad has a lot going on at work. So DSS and I are going down while DH rests. I'm already tired and overwhelmed and so ready for the holidays to be over.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

This is a portion of a quote I saw on another forum ..."Maintenance is losing the same 4 pounds repeatedly".... I thought it was a very apt description of what happens in maintenance.

Last edited by bargoo; 12-29-2012 at 09:59 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I can't seem to get the photo downloaded to share, but the words were pretty funny. "When what to my wondering eyes should appear...But ten extra pounds on hips, thighs and rear."

Not ten! We're all suffering from a couple pounds! We can get through this together!!!

In other news, we are the proud new owners of a building! Some roof and electrical repairs need to be done and some cement slab d&d and then we can start moving in. Logistically, the only difficult thing will be the phones. Our current phone system is so antiquated, so I'm going to find someone to get us a new system and then hopefully keep all our same phone numbers.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #170  

Allison, congratulations on the new building, moving is a pain but so worth it.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #171  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Tree is unloaded, ornaments are stored, laundry is going, three final presents to wrap, it's almost 1pm and I have successfully resisted munching. Could use some advice, though ... I need to get Christmas tree sap off my carpet and the velvet tree skirt. What's worked well for that?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:47 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post
Tree is unloaded, ornaments are stored, laundry is going, three final presents to wrap, it's almost 1pm and I have successfully resisted munching. Could use some advice, though ... I need to get Christmas tree sap off my carpet and the velvet tree skirt. What's worked well for that?
Out trees are boys - no skirts. I'm sooo helpful.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-T...-Anything.html

I have not tested the above methods.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 AM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post

You are early taking things down in my mind anyway, I leave everything up until Jan 1. I consider that week to be part of the Holiday Season.
I spent the day rearranging closets.I'm not sure I like the new arrangement.Who knows, I may put it all back to the way it was. It is kind of like rearranging furniture I actually have to see it before I am convinced the old way was best.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #174  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Results: Goo Gone worked beautifully on the tree sap, even on velvet. Getting bunny hair out of the skirt was harder, til I remembered the lint roller! Done!
Bargoo, I'm contemplating furniture arrangements too. We have people coming for NYE and I need to rethink things.
Dagmar, thank you for the link - lots of good info there! Maybe I can avoid using TSP on my tile ...
Congrats on the upcoming move, Allison!

Promising notes: my TRX trainer is properly hung up downstairs. And the scale was exceedingly generous in rewarding me for hanging tight to good foods yesterday.
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #175  

Becky, good news on the scale. Sometimes I want to kiss mine and other times I want to throw it out the window.
This morning it was kind to me, down a little. Was it the chocolate mousse or the pumpkin pie calories leaving ?

Last edited by bargoo; 12-30-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

While I'd like to keep my Christmas decorations up until January 1st, we celebrate 3 birthdays on January 1st, so I feel like I need to get them down. Besides, we're trying to fit in 4 rounds of golf this weekend, plus I need to bake a cake for the celebration. And Chico goes into see his oncologist tomorrow. There just isn't a whole lot of extra time!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I haven't checked in before Christmas and was having withdrawal! I think my holidays sound much like many here so I'm glad I'm not alone.

Very very stressful with the in laws and all sorts of meals I can't control. I'm really not happy about tonight's dinner. Ham which I don't like or eat, mashed potatoes, bought rolls, green beans, and a Marie calendars pie. Guess I will be eating green beans and little else.

I leave in two days and am terrified of the scale. I did find a bikram studio and have been twice. Hopefully going tomorrow too. We have three dogs here including my in laws puppy that isn't the least bit house trained. Dewey had an accident the first day because he was excited and didn't know how to ask to go out, so every time the puppy has an accident, my mil tries to blame Dewey! I'm currently hiding upstairs but we have more guests coming in five minutes. Sigh.

Miss you all. I'll try to check in soon!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:49 PM   #178  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

The days after Christmas have been harder than Christmas and my birthday - I don't have to go to work and I've been eating SO MANY SWEETS it's rather disgusting.

TOM came today so perhaps the cravings will wane. Great timing - BF and I got a fancy hotel room for New Year's Eve tomorrow night in Montreal. If I'd known I was going to be in this bloated cranky bloody condition I would have suggested getting a roach motel or sleeping on someone's floor.

rrrrrrrrrr. This is all making me nervous since I went pretty nuts in winter 2010 and couldn't control my eating much at all until...winter 2011-2012...

Last edited by krampus; 12-30-2012 at 06:52 PM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:27 AM   #179  

I am happy to say I made it through the holidays without too much damage a slight increase in December but have managed to scare it away and ended the year at 15.2 pounds lighter than one year ago today, not quite at my vanity goal but I am happy about it and hope I can be happy about my weight next year at this time....that is my intent, anyway.
Happy Near Year , everyone !
Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #180  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Ugh! As of this morning I'm 5 lbs higher than I'd like to be. I'd been avoiding the scale. I seriously do no know why I cannot learn that scale avoidance = weight gain for me. I'm off work until Monday but I'm glad the holidays (and subsequent in-law drama) is over.

I've undecked the halls and have been slowly trying to declutter drawers & closets. It's my mission to clear this house out this winter. My intention is to have it on the market by the end of March. DH is not on my timetable but he rarely is. His fear is that this house will sell and we'll have no home at all. Weird! My biggest fear is that we'll be in the midst of moving and no place to have DS17 high school grad party. I choose to bravely face the changes rather than letting my fears control me.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote