Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisMohr View Post
It's great to feel the support of so many people struggling as the human beings we are to maintain our weight. I binged over Thanksgiving but have lost most of the weight gained since then. But I got really discouraged first and needed help regaining perspective here and got it. Nice to know others struggle with discouragement, perfectionism, frustration, culinary boredom, chafing at dietary limits, mild OCD, etc. Thanks for being human with me and I wish us all well these last three weeks of the year!
I second the well wishing for the remainder of the holiday season - whatever your holiday and whenever it ends.

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I am off to do the pet Christmas shopping this morning. Have to get in and out fast as pet photos with Santa are going to be taken an hour after the store opens. I will be jogging around the aisles quite briskly, after waiting behind the door for the store to open. Luckily none of my own or clients pets are fussy - food treats are liked by everyone!

And then my Christmas shopping is DONE! (except for stocking stuffers for DH)

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedit View Post
You are an incredible inspiration. Your knee issue is a speed bump and you will find a solution. After 60 years on the planet I finally get it that there are speed bumps in life but there are also many peaks. You have accomplished so much, more than most anyone would think is possible. I use a book peaks and valleys to help me. Big hugs to you and also wishes for a simple solution to your knee. And if isn't simple, you have handled way more, never forget that fact. Thank you for inspiring me!
Thank you so much for your kind words. I admittedly don't do well handling unexpected bumps in the road. I strive to be that person who just rides the wave, but I'm not there yet!

Lunch yesterday with the relatives went so well. I was prepared for it to be awkward since I haven't seen them in so long, but it was very comfortable and relaxed! Also, they were great about commenting and asking about my weight loss and then just moving on to other topics of conversation.

My one uncle looks nothing like my father, but the other uncle looks and acts just like him. So it was a bit like seeing what my father would have looked like had he not died so that was a little sad.

I'm calling in sick tomorrow (shhh.... don't tell anyone) and will be heading down to a ginormous mall and expect to completely finish my Xmas shopping.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #94  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Now why do I think that Jen is headed to Carousel Mall on Onondaga Lake on Monday? ;-)

I'm on my second day of a sore throat, about to start cutting up vegetables to make soup and likely will skip my apartment complex's Christmas party after all. Probably I'm contagious and they'll thank me for not standing over the food table and breathing on them in conversation.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote