Maintainers Weekly Chat Nov 26 - Dec 2

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Allison, how about pizza ? You can get vegetarian pizzas that are quite good, and you could have a few other things , chicken wings or what have you . Christmas cookies and Christmas candies and you have it made.
  • I don't post often, in fact this is my second post in 15 months, but I must state for the record that even with her alleged "low libido" NeuroDoc rocks my world in ways so incredible I can't begin to describe them.

My vote is for a happy person who's not beating herself up.
  • Quote: I don't post often, in fact this is my second post in 15 months, but I must state for the record that even with her alleged "low libido" NeuroDoc rocks my world in ways so incredible I can't begin to describe them.

I hope your wife sees your post. It is very sweet. I hope she is doing well.
  • Quote: I don't post often, in fact this is my second post in 15 months, but I must state for the record that even with her alleged "low libido" NeuroDoc rocks my world in ways so incredible I can't begin to describe them.

You are a very supportive husband to post this here. Good for you and lucky Andrea to have you at her side! Show her this!

Dagmar
  • Quote: Hi all,
    Crud. Three days of way overeating last week. This week, yet another family gathering. Trying to keep control with eating but expectations are low. When I get back on Thursday I will take charge again and get back into my maintenance range. In the meantime, damage control this week. Actually, I used top grossly overeat for five or six days over Thanksgiving. I cut down the number of gross overeating days by half. Progress, I guess, but I'm very discouraged.
    Chris You have done something positive - cut the Thanksgiving "gross overeating" from 6 days to 3. Now you are getting back into maintenance mode.

Dagmar

NeuroDoc is one lucky lady to have you for a husband. Your post has brightened my day. Thanks for posting.
  • For five consecutive days we had large dinner events with family and/or friends starting with Thanksgiving and continuing through a family wedding and extended visit. 'Salota eating. I varied from superb to just OK - but never stuffed. Glad that's over.

Brazilian BBQ is evil. A steady stream of waiters continues to bring new skewers of meat all through the meal. You don't get up to go get seconds - they come to you. And the servers act slightly put out if you don't eat, LOL. Such good food. Such an easy way to overeat.
  • NeuroDocs Hubby - you made my day, too! Thanks for demonstrating your loving support of your sharp lady in such a public fashion! I too would vote for happiness; I believe firmly that stress does shorten your lifespan (along with reducing its quality).

Bill, I agree with your assessment of the BBBQ. I mean, I am a dedicated carnivore but that is seriously over the top. I remember feeling like one of those Animal Planet lions passed out on its back after the feast, with the huge swollen belly.

Yesterday and today are doors/window replacement. Thank goodness the sun was out and it was dry! They finished all the doors except for the front door, which will be done today. The new windows in the master bath are a bit unsettling; there's a whole lot more light than there was before. And it's warmer, which tells me just how bad the old single window was! We also closed on our refinance last night. Very timely, since now we get to skip payments until February!

I promise that if I hit the Powerball tonight, I will finance the development of a mobile app for 3FC.
  • Quote: NeuroDocs Hubby - you made my day, too! Thanks for demonstrating your loving support of your sharp lady in such a public fashion! I too would vote for happiness; I believe firmly that stress does shorten your lifespan (along with reducing its quality).

Bill, I agree with your assessment of the BBBQ. I mean, I am a dedicated carnivore but that is seriously over the top. I remember feeling like one of those Animal Planet lions passed out on its back after the feast, with the huge swollen belly.

Yesterday and today are doors/window replacement. Thank goodness the sun was out and it was dry! They finished all the doors except for the front door, which will be done today. The new windows in the master bath are a bit unsettling; there's a whole lot more light than there was before. And it's warmer, which tells me just how bad the old single window was! We also closed on our refinance last night. Very timely, since now we get to skip payments until February!

I promise that if I hit the Powerball tonight, I will finance the development of a mobile app for 3FC.
    Pinky Promise ?
  • NeuroDoc~you're one lucky lady to have such a nice husband!

Becky~single pane windows are really, really bad in letting in heat and cold. It still amazes me that there are people who prefer them. Basically here everything is dual glazed for new construction to conform to Title 24 regulations (energy efficiency). In our master bathroom, the south and west windows are a huge (5'x5' each) opening which we put in "glass" block which lets in a lot of light but you can't see through it. I say "glass" because it's actually plexiglass (plastic) that is much easier to install. Our first summer we realized how much heat those let in due to their size, so we installed blinds on the outside of the windows. Amazing how a blind on the outside really makes a difference. I'm doubtful that putting a blind on the inside would have worked as well.

We have a couple Brazilian BBQ places here (churrascaria) but I've never been to one. I really don't have a desire to.

Ah, pizza! That would be super easy--order for delivery. That so far is the best idea. I could make salad. The guys often bring cookies to share.
  • Becky I had the lion with the swollen belly in mind for the whole time (days it seemed) I was recovering after a night of BBBQ. The waiters never stopped coming, as Bill said, and they looked quite perplexed when I attempted to refuse the 4th helping of meat. I just wanted to sleeeep for about a week afterwards.

Dagmar
  • My dh goes to Brazil often as part of his business travels and talks often about the meat orgies that occur there!

I overslept today! I never oversleep. Ever. I really think my alarm didn't go off. I usually get up at 5:00 and I woke at 6:30! My weight was down 1.4 but I wonder if it's because I slept longer??? I was out the door in 20 minutes including taking care of the dogs and cats! Breakfast from Starbucks rather than my normal slow relaxing breakfast. Couldn't be late for Kindergarten day!
  • I ended the night so angry/stressed last night. I had volunteered to judge a local school science fair and was told it would take 2-3 hours. It took closer to 5 hours, by the time I finished I was starving and hangry, it was pitch dark, and yet again the gym was about to close and my dog got only a short walk. After doing so well on Monday re-starting my exercise program, I got so frustrated with my stupid job that is supposed to be "normal" hours never having normal hours. I just wish I had known it would take so long. I would have planned differently, and I felt like a planning failure and like I was making excuses for not working out.

So, I will do better today. The dog is at daycare, and after work I'm going to go to the gym and then to my much-needed yoga. I'm closing my office door this afternoon and getting some things done.

Michele, the science fair, which was really a poster science fair, was held in the library. It made me think of you. I tried to be extra quiet as I judged so as not to disturb the librarian.

Allison, I was thinking pizza, too. A friend has sort of ingredient potluck at his house every few weeks at his place. We usually bring ingredients for Mexican/tacos etc, or pizza. I mean, everyone loves pizza, right? And it's easy to have veggie and meat options.

Becky, sounds like the reno is really moving along. Great! GL w powerball, lol.

NeuroDocs hubby, glad you are such a fan of your wife! We like her too.

Bill, thanks for letting me know that, I will try to avoid Brazilian BBQ. That sounds sort of like dim sum, which I've only been to once. I guess it was tasty but left me feeling rather ill. At least at a buffet you can survey all your options first. But I try to avoid them all.
  • Andrea,
    A couple of thoughts.
    Are you on any estrogen-containing birth control? That could explain the low libido.
    Also, I agree with the therapy recommendation. In fact, I agree so much, I am about to make my own appt for the same symptoms.
    Finally, your DH is awesome.
  • Hectic week here. Remember about this time last year when I was switching my 700+ person company to a new payroll provider and was so stressed? Well, the new company was terrible. So now I'm in the process of going back to the old one and am stressed out again. I've been reading, but not always posting. Weight is up and down, but at least stress has kept me from eating the last few days. When this settles down I'll be back.

Andrea - good advice given already, I hope you figure out what is going on. I know it is frustrating. I second the hormonal birth control question? I took anti-depressants myself for a long time. The withdrawal took awhile, and I had to relearn how not to by snappy and irritable. Maybe a little longer off the meds would allow your personality to regain control? Or maybe a step down med would be a good answer.
    Andrea's hubby - you're awesome.

Megan - sorry you had so much craziness last night and so much stress over the gym. I think quitting it sounds like the right idea right now. I love having my own elliptical - totally worth it.

Becky - you are making so much progress with your remodel? Are you almost done?

Bill - Brazillian BBQ is a tool of the devil I think.

Saef - I understand the boundaries thing too well. I let my work bleed into home too much. I talk about it, I worry about it, I send emails from my little smart phone, I log in from my tablet. Good luck firming up yours - I believe it will help, and wish I could do the same.

Chris - hang in there, you survived it with less damage than in the past and you'll get back on track.

to everyone else!