Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #1  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat Nov 26 - Dec 2

What, no early birds to start the chat thread this week? Can you believe it's almost December already??? When did that happen?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to spead some happiness this morning! I'm back this morning to the weight I was Thanksgiving morning, so I'm pretty happy with that! I'm only 3.5 months into maintenance and I know that this is not very long at all. But I'm feeling very in control and confident about my eating and weight.

I'm hoping this continues through the challenging holiday season.

In other news, I'm about 90% done with my Xmas shopping and got about 75% of that wrapped already, so that makes me happy! The only bad thing is that getting it done this early means I'm bound to run into bargains in the next month and will probably spend more then I should!

Hope everyone is starting the week as good as I am!

Jen
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:26 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My weight is back up again this morning. I attribute it to 1) sodium and 2) getting up earlier than I have this past weekend. I'm not too concerned because all the leftovers are gone (except turkey).

Christmas shopping? Ugh. I do have a couple presents yet to buy, but they'll probably be purchased online this week. We're really paring down the gift giving this year, but there are still some that must be sent.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I was up 2.4 pounds day after Thanksgiving have dropped a little , 1.4 pounds so am now just one pound over Thanksgiving morning. My body is so willing to accept extra poundage and so reluctant to let go of it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #5  

Christmnas shopping !!!!! My avatar is as far as I have gotten,
Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #6  

Good cat news! I had reported last week that DH found a gray tabby hit by a car and I thought it was mama and we were worried for her kittens. Well, mama showed up over the weekend and is here again this morning! She's still keeping her kittens away, but at least we know they're safe. I was really worried that IF we found them it would be too late.

Monday morning at work. Ugh. So much to do and I have no motivation at all.

BTW, DD talked me into trying shiritake tofu noodles. On the back of the package is a Hungry Girl recipe for soup. I'm going to try that recipe tonight or tomorrow night and add some leftover turkey to it. I've heard it is necessary to really rinse the noodles before using them, but it's cool that there only 20 calories in the whole bag!

I will have to arrange our "End of Year" party here at work (we have one Jehovah's Witness so we can't associate it with any holiday). If we do it on a Friday, we'll have to have it vegetarian or at least offer one vegetarian option (for the JW). I'm considering closing the office Christmas Eve so that will mean the lunch will be on Friday. Any suggestions on what to feed the men? In the past we've done a taco cart, chicken enchiladas with all the fixings and lasagna with salad and garlic bread. I'm kind of at a loss this year.

Last edited by alinnell; 11-26-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #7  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I wrecked my back squatting with improper form Saturday, but I have knocked off 3 of the 4 lbs of epic Thanksgiving bloat I put on. Tonight is "Friendsgiving" - the LEFTOVERS edition - we'll see about that last 1 lb.

I think I have gone Christmas shopping literally every day since Black Friday. Yesterday my roommate (an art teacher pretending to be a waitress) and I made Christmas cards all day and both went shopping for craft supplies. I'm giddy like a child.

Took 800 mg ibuprofen this morning to attack the back pain but realized I would feel TERRIBLE if I didn't eat with it. So much for intermittent fasting eh!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all.
I'm still freaked out by my weight-- sounds like I'm the only one.

Took dd to the airport this morning at 3 AM!! So, I'm already hungry and on my third BIG cup of coffee. Dh also left as did older dd so the house will be quiet.

Dd was baptized on Saturday. Interesting week/weekend. I'll try to update more later but I'm swamped at work!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Allison, I'd go with the taco/enchilada bar and just add in a few veggie tacos and enchiladas...

our company has, at times, 25 or so Jehovah Witness, that hang our drywall...

I can guarantee you not a one of them is a vegetarian!

Those guys can put away the carne asada! LOL
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #10  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

EZ is right--JWs can eat meat--but perhaps your JW is vegetarian for other reasons, alinnell.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:56 PM   #11  

Our JW specifically does not eat meat on Fridays. Otherwise he's a carnivore.

When I did the enchiladas, I made everything myself (same as the lasagna). The taco cart guy was good, but terribly expensive and I'd rather do the cooking myself to save the extra money. I don't think I could pull off a successful taco cart thing by myself--not enough experience with the guys (of whom about half are Hispanic).
Old 11-26-2012, 01:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Definitely not. Bleah. I haven't even attempted to get on the scale.

Not sure what church your DD attends, but my DD was baptized the day she turned 18 (LDS). I attended the baptism--had never seen a full immersion baptism. Actually, thinking about it, I don't think I'd ever seen any kind of baptism before except on a TV show. That's what I get for being a Unitarian.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila53 View Post
Definitely not. Bleah. I haven't even attempted to get on the scale.

Not sure what church your DD attends, but my DD was baptized the day she turned 18 (LDS). I attended the baptism--had never seen a full immersion baptism. Actually, thinking about it, I don't think I'd ever seen any kind of baptism before except on a TV show. That's what I get for being a Unitarian.
Sheila-- So you aren't LDS? That is what dd converted to. She is not quite 18 (in a few months) so we had to sign permission for her to convert. How old is dd now? Is she happy with her decision? It is quite a change for us and we are still getting used to the idea!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #14  

Quote:
Good morning all.

No, you are not the only one. I constantly have weight on my mind. I have a history of YoYo dieting and don't want to go back to that, consequently I do freak out about weight, I find keeping weight off is harder than losing it. The thing about maintenance is that it is forever, endless, eternal.

Last edited by bargoo; 11-27-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:17 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Quote:
Sheila-- So you aren't LDS? That is what dd converted to. She is not quite 18 (in a few months) so we had to sign permission for her to convert. How old is dd now? Is she happy with her decision? It is quite a change for us and we are still getting used to the idea!
We're not LDS, and I made my DD wait until she was legally an adult so she got baptized right on her birthday. My one big issue going into it was that I wouldn't be able to attend her wedding, which made me sad, plus I told her she couldn't baptize me in absentia. But the whole thing involved a boy who ended up going on a mission and that ended that. She's 29 now, and hasn't been involved with the LDS church for about a decade. And I saw her get married (to a guy she met at Navy boot camp)--and divorced.

Last edited by Sheila53; 11-26-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote