Go to
  • Nov. 25: two freezing cold 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); power class
  • Quote: November 22: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

November 23: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

November 24: 70 minutes Spin

Totals:
    22 days
    1975 minutes
    November 25: 10 minutes upper body, 60 minutes Zumba, 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    23 days
    2135 minutes
  • Monday, Nov. 26th

45 minute spin class at my gym Upstate, with the whole familiar crew saying they'd thought of me as soon as they heard about Hurricane Sandy -- I was glad to be able to tell them no, this time I was just paying a visit for Thanksgiving, not living there again after being flooded out a second time. For which I continue to be thankful.
  • Nov. 26: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); 55 min swim (2000 yds)
  • Quote: November 25: 10 minutes upper body, 60 minutes Zumba, 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    23 days
    2135 minutes
    November 26: 60 minutes Body pump class

Totals:
    24 days
    2195 minutes
  • Tuesday, Nov. 27th:

60 minute spin class with weight interval, surprisingly empty this evening. What gives? The snow that changed into rain, and the early darkness?
  • Quote: November 26: 60 minutes Body pump class

Totals:
    24 days
    2195 minutes
    November 27: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    25 days
    2285 minutes
  • Wednesday, Nov. 28th:

45 minute spin class with weight intervals

Tried out my company's in-house gym tonight and found it much improved but still lacking.

18 minutes Life Fitness elliptical, a cruddy thing without the resistance & smooth action of a Precor, even after I jacked it up to 10
    60 minutes chest, shoulders and triceps routine, in which I had to make do with mostly 10-lb weights, since they had no 12-lb or 12.5-lb weights, but they were incredibly awkward with huge round flat plates on the ends. (I think the brand was Troy.) That somehow threw off the balance within my hand, if that makes sense. They felt heavier because they were unwieldy. I also used the 15-lb weights rather than 17.5.
    They didn't have fixed barbells, and they had miscellaneous collections of plates, and not as many collars to hold on the weights as they needed. I couldn't figure out the weight of the bar, though it didn't feel like Olympic weight, so I've no idea what I was bench-pressing.
    In short, an unsatisfactory awkward workout, and I'd much rather use the gym near my home than the gym in the office in CT.
    It is, however, huge, with nice flat screens and a new TRX suspension system, kettlebells, new weight stations and some new cardio equipment. I am just so fixed in my routine that I am annoyed by having to fumble with weights that aren't quite right.
  • Monday, 11/26
    -20 min HIIT on elliptical. Bad idea for the injured back!
  • Quote: Monday, 11/26
    -20 min HIIT on elliptical. Bad idea for the injured back!
    I am not a maintainer, but like many on this site, I lurk all the time as I find you all incredibly motivating and inspirational

Krampus, I hope you don't mind me commenting that you are wonderfully photogenic and take a take lovely photos. Lucky lady!
  • Nov. 27: 23 min elliptical, spin class

Nov. 28: two 40 min dog walks (2.25mi each); power class
  • Quote: November 27: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    25 days
    2285 minutes
    November 28: 90 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
    26 days
    2375 minutes
  • Thursday, Nov. 29th:

60 minutes on a decent elliptical, resistance at nine, random intervals, alternating forward & backward. And puzzling over the woman who came up to me when I finished and asked pointedly, "Are you done?" As if I'd been on it too long & had been hogging it. Which I would've totally understood & apologized for -- if there hadn't been two other identical model ellipticals on either side of me that no one was using, and no one had used for the past half-hour. So maybe I was on her very special favorite one? The one with her name on it?
    60 minutes Pilates mat class
  • Quote: I am not a maintainer, but like many on this site, I lurk all the time as I find you all incredibly motivating and inspirational

Krampus, I hope you don't mind me commenting that you are wonderfully photogenic and take a take lovely photos. Lucky lady!
    Thanks!

Wednesday, November 28:
    -30 minutes on elliptical, fast but not quite "sprint"
  • Nov. 29: 40 min dog walk (2.25 mi), spin class, 35 min leaf raking