3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Facing Fall Fearlessly

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #61

S/C/G: 178/119/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargoo View Post
But Krampus, after they leave the nest there is the possibility of grandchildren. a joy of a special kind. Some of my very best memories are of grandparents, I hope my two grandchidren feel the same way.
I can't wait to be a grandma! Well-- I can wait of course-- but I'm looking forward to it. My dh's grandparents were amazing--- they were the sweetest married couple-- married 72 years before she died and he quickly followed. I would love to be like them when I'm older-- treasuring my family and grandchildren and remembering all of the special times.

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 AM   #62

S/C/G: 152/ticker/132/33

Height: 5'4"

I ate sugar with a teaspoon straight out of the sugar bowl last night (I was standing up so does that count as exercise? ). My father is returning Sunday night (probably in a soiled diaper and incoherent).

I rather suspect that there is a connection between these two events in my life.

Dagmar

Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying "I will try again tomorrow" - Mary Ann Radmacher

Old 09-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #63
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Already I am making a late start for the gym, out of tiredness and an attraction to my laptop. Michele, I know how strange it feels to have to head to the gym at a time outside of one's routine.

I am not as teary as I felt this past Tuesday. My weight is down nearly two pounds this morning, as my time of month abates. Last night, I picked up one month's worth of antidepressants from the pharmacy. As I said, I know it takes a while for them to build up in one's system & go into effect -- still, I popped one into my mouth as soon as I got out into the street outside the CVS drugstore.

Last edited by saef : 09-07-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #64
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I weighed myself this morning. ppffftttt! That's all I have to say about that. I am off to play tennis. I will try not to hit anyone with a ball.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #65
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

ward, happy smacking! Tennis is an awesome game - wish I were fast enough on land to play it.

Allison - agree with you completely on the smell of broccoli. In any cooked form. Reminds me of when the dog ate roadkill and had intestinal difficulties. I eat it - DS and DH looooove it and it's good for me, but I do not enjoy it. Roasted mushrooms, on the other hand, Brussels sprouts are on the horizon and I think I'm learning to like those. DH roasts them and then tosses them with a bit of maple/red pepper glaze and some toasted pine nuts.

dagmar - Sugar? Really? You must be stressed - that isn't you at all! Take care of yourself first and foremost. It sounds like you will need your strength and full faculties. I hope your vacation charged your batteries to full capacity!

saef - good to hear you are emerging from the darkness! May your chemistry balance in time to revel in the glorious fall season, and that TOM will not darken your door for many more months, if at all. I do envy you that!

michele - I have terrific memories of my grandparents too. I am very fortunate to still have two grandmas alive and in superior health in their 90's. I have nothing to offer on the religious front, sorry, but I am inspired by your experience with exercise lifting your black mood!

bargoo - you've kicked butt on that gain from the end of last year, and you're holding the line on that loss. Admirable accomplishment!

krampus - every day I remind myself that DS is unique, and that my job is to teach him HOW to think instead of WHAT to think. I honestly did not enjoy having an infant in the house; I get the most pleasure out of watching him gaining the skills he needs to be self-sufficient. When he moves out, I'll miss his incredible sense of humor the most, I think.

I'm Allison's mirror yet again - 150 is a little paunch and jiggles for me, too. I can't remember 140. DH says I was around 135 when we married - I remember being quite thin looking sideways (26-inch waist). My 140 is loosely based on being safely in the middle of the normal weight range. And being far enough away from 150 to not have to listen to that "clunk" of the big weight on the doctor's scale. On good days, I can look at myself naked in the mirror and think, "not bad for 45". I succeeded with putting 150 in the rear view mirror for Labor Day; my goal for this chunk of 500 posts is to build up my level of swimming fitness to the point where I can enter some meets and get some baseline times.

On grandkids, I'm in no rush. I guess I'm still too busy screwing up the kid I've got! His latest thought is that he wants to be a forest ranger so he doesn't have to deal with people. Of course, that was after DH had him working in the garden for an hour, moving part of a woodpile, sweeping the garage, and grilling a chicken.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #66
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Wow - I can't vision getting my 7 year old through school in one piece, much less grandkids.... My parents had me when they were just new 20, my grandparents (mom's parents) were 20 when they had my mom, my great grandmother was early 20's when she had my grandmother. As a result I had a great grandmother until I was out of college and still have my grandparents on mom's side at 80 years old, my mom will be 60, I am 40. And my stepson is 7. Shouldn't I have a 20 year old now? LOL

Saef - I'm glad you got your prescription, I've been thinking about you this week and hoping things settled down.

I feel pretty good diet wise this morning, had a light calorie day yesterday. Am going to try for another one today. Burned 2910 calories yesterday per my Body Media Fit, I like that.

to everyone else - I'll be back after coffee.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
Wow - I can't vision getting my 7 year old through school in one piece, much less grandkids.... My parents had me when they were just new 20, my grandparents (mom's parents) were 20 when they had my mom, my great grandmother was early 20's when she had my grandmother. As a result I had a great grandmother until I was out of college and still have my grandparents on mom's side at 80 years old, my mom will be 60, I am 40. And my stepson is 7. Shouldn't I have a 20 year old now? LOL
It is very hard for me to contemplate in fact.
My parents had me later in life (they were 40 and 41) and I'm an only child. I never met three of my grandparents, and my grandma died when I was 19.

I got married at 20 and had my girls at 23 and 27, so now that I'm 45 I have a 21 year old and a 17 year old. I can't imagine having a 5 year old like my mom would have had at this point. My best friend from high school had a surprise baby a couple of years ago so she is my age with a 2 year old. Dh's parents were much younger than my parents so they are still alive and kicking in their early 70s-- it saddens me to think that my girls barely remember my parents as their grandparents and the only memories they have of them is of elderly and sickly-- my mom died in 2000 and my dad in 2007.

I'm glad I had my girls early in life, but I can't imagine my 21 year old being married or having kids at this point!

2014 workout goals:

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
Old 09-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #68

TGIF by the way.
I'm bound and determined to get unstuck from 124-- this weekend hopefully-- and hopefully in the right direction!

I signed up for a Zumba class tonight but I'm thinking I may do Bikram Yoga instead-- it seems to help flush out any of the extra water I'm holding onto. Tomorrow I am planning on doing a spin class (if I can get up early enough-- but if I post here maybe I'll be accountable) and then yoga in the afternoon. Sunday will be a challenge as I'm doing a practice tough mudder. It will be early and long.... and I'm scared.... not sure what to expect. I need to remember to take a before and after pic-- I was so dirty afterwards last time that it was comical. At the real tough mudder they have firemen (cute?) at the end to hose you off.

2014 workout goals:

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas

Last edited by traveling michele : 09-07-2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #69

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I'm still hanging out at 120.2. Can't seem to get off that weight, when I do lose a pound or two it lasts for a couple of days and I'm right back to the same old weight. Yeah, I know all about weight fluctuation, it's normal and all that, but I don't have to like it.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #70
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I walked to the gym, did back to back spin classes, and walked home. That should do it, no?
Old 09-09-2012, 09:49 PM   #71
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi Chicks!
Following along... I wept for 30min on the night before school. My babies are growing up. Their little bodies are changing into not so little bodies. I could eat them up, I am suffused with love for them.

So, yeah, I'm already thinking about grandchildren also No Joke.

Made it thru first week and way more challenging, first weekend of the new school year.

And, my scale is pleasing me! But likely, will not tomorrow. I made ribs. And ate lots of extremely rich and lovely meat. Lots.

Going to search for some non stinky running clothes, getting ready for tomorrow.

Saef, how're the meds?
Becky, how're the windows, doors and bunnies
Ward, and your muscles? Go girl.
Shan, focus on one hour at a time. That's what I do.
Bargoo, I bet you are awesome with those grandbabies.
Dagmar, BTDT, chick
Michele, your daughter? better?
Allison, one out the door, 2 still home, right?

missing some peeps, hi all!
until the next time, ladies...

breathe in, breathe out.

Calorie Counting Back to Maintenance Weight
Old 09-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #72

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Kittycat, unfortunately granddaughter Faith lives about 120 miles away and grandson Brian lives about 450 miles away.
I am still hanging in there waiting for my whoosh, I'm ready for it any day, now.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #73

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Kittycat~nope, one out, one in and he'll be out next year.

I had a decent weekend. Weight still up, but back on track for a possible real loss this week. I'll keep you informed.

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
Old 09-10-2012, 10:24 AM   #74
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

I'm at 150.0 this morning - I know full well why, and I will fix it promptly. I spent a little too much time this weekend "off the rails".

kitty - I'm working from home today while the "tech measure" is done for ordering the materials on our job. Bunnies seem to be happy and settled in; the outdoor bunny is still very skittish. Hear ya on the kids being not-so-small; DS13 is rapidly approaching eye-level with me.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:25 AM   #75

Kittycat-- somewhat better though she is still contemplating changing schools and religions. Sigh.

I thought I was going to be able to change my ticker, but no. 123 Saturday and Sunday. No off plan meals (none!), tons of exercise both Saturday and Sunday and today-- 124 again. Oh well.

2014 workout goals:

So far:
183/365 workouts
155 bikram yogas
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.