Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dagmar~the car is a Jaguar XJL. It's pretty nice. It has everything that my old Jag had, plus more. But it is lacking one item that I consider standard issue in these cars--a rear sun shade. My old Jag had it and I'm at a loss as to why they built this one without it. That is the only sad thing about this car.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #77  
Workin' It

Lovely car, Allison! And you look fantastic.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:25 PM   #78  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
I dreamed that I was explaining to Beyonce about what young girls saw in her.

Beautiful car, Allison! Looking good next to it, too! I like your top.

Yes, I can attest that my pitt-lab mix is a wonderful dog. Since it's a small town I still see her first owners sometimes, and friends of the second owners', and they tell me how Emma rolled around playing with their kids and went to their church functions as a puppy. I certainly can see that she was socialized well with people and other dogs bc she is so friendly. She chewed and nipped a bit as a puppy, similarly to other lab-retrievers my family has had, and grew/was trained out of it. She does seem quite energetic, more so than other dogs I've owned, but I can't say if that's a pitt trait. She needs a long walk but once she has that she is just a normal dog. She is strong, and tries to act dominant (but as I said she's well socialized and not aggressive), but I know more pitt mixes who do not so I think that's her personality, not a breed trait. I take her to doggie daycare weekly and she plays nicely with all the other dogs and the women there love her. Please don't discount a dog just bc it might be part pitt Allison! At least meet them, too. With any dog adoption of course you have to meet a dog and see if your personalities match, they get along w your dogs, etc.

Yesterday I went stand up paddleboarding with a group of friends, then to a friend's birthday dinner. I stayed up late at the dinner but didn't drink any alcohol, slept in a bit to get a full 8 hours of sleep, but have been soooo tired today. I don't get it. Is paddleboarding a sneaker sport? You know the kind that seems ok, but then later you realize how hard it was? We did about 6 miles and my arms/shoulders were definitely feeling it on the way upstream. I found one website that suggests you burn 500-700 cals/hr when working really hard. We paddled for about two hours but not that hard, so I figure maybe that cal burn for the whole trip... anyway, early to bed tonight. Making a big kale salad and black bean soup to get me started on healthy eats for the week ahead.

I will drink a big glass of ice water, too, Saef.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote