Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #91  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hi guys,

I'm also doing well scalewise. I think it's a combination of being very busy with work (the kind I actually get paid for) as well as with family (hugs are currency here, and very very good) the summer heat, and being careful with food (good choices) as I am enjoying a slimmer body (clothing looks better). I also like being naked (tmi?)

Interestingly enough, I still don't see any significant loss in photos of myself. Nor do I feel I look very thin. But, my hope and plan is to stay here, at this lower weight. We'll see

Saef, I get it. You are searching for a rare bird, but I do know a few who meet your description.

Longer posts coming- home today doing final pack for overnight camp. My kids and I are going- sweet doggie and dh stay home together. We'll be there for 2 weeks. I'm starting to get a little excited, now that I've wrapped up many things on my to do list.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm thinking that this weekend I'll re-measure myself to see (in inches) what I have accomplished since January. Perhaps that will be the impetus for me to get back OP for good.

I'm going to go test drive two cars this morning. The dealer is willing to make me a deal on one car, but DH wants me to test drive my top two choices before I commit. I'm kind of scared! I'm doing this alone--I've never done this alone before.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #93  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Al- that's fun! Don't be scared
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:13 AM   #94  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

These are our rescue bunnies. They are coming home tomorrow! The black one is Jamie - we'll be her 5th (and final) home in less than a year, and the white one is Alcide, who was rescued from an outdoor hutch that was under attack by predators. Both are less than a year old, both neutered, and as much as I miss my little Patches ... life without bunnies is unacceptable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg J and A.jpg (21.6 KB, 14 views)
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Becky, congratulations on your new bunnies. They are so lucky to a part of your family.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #96  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

I keep weighing more every time I get on the scale. I have not been overeating this week and hormonal stuff hasn't affected me in the past. This is STUPID!

Becky - ADORABLE bunnies. My roommate and I just got denied for adopting a cat - landlord has allergies. Booooooo!

Last edited by krampus; 07-20-2012 at 10:57 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #97  
Workin' It

I'm so excited about your bunnies coming home, Becky!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:09 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I will be off the radar for a couple of days. Lab work this morning and then DIL # 1 and I are going shopping , need to buy a gift for DIL # 2. I am going to spend the night at their house and tomorrow we will go to DS #2 home about 120 miles away for an early birthday dinner. He fancies himself to be a chef, didn't learn it from me.I hope to return home and leave any extra poundage behind.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Becky-- have fun bringing the bunnies home!

Saef-- I totally understand you. I actually have my physical this morning. I like my GP-- don't love her. She and her husband have a practice together-- I actually like him better but I see her for my yearly as she *may* be more sympathetic with the female stuff. I definitely don't want to get weighed-- I know I'm up from last year. Grrrr..... I have my questions printed out and hope to get answers to my questions. Hopefully that won't include needing any more appointments.

Allison-- so exciting! Both of your choices sound thrilling!! Good luck....

Have fun with your family bargoo.

Krampus-- sounds like a dumb excuse for your landlord. Does he live with you?!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #100  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Becky, your bunnies make me go "awww" & now I want to pet my monitor screen. Anything that big-eyed and soft-looking makes my fingers tingle with the desire to stroke the velvety-ness.

I'm on edge from missing my gym session this morning, as I'm inundated with work. Two of us generally do document reviews, but my partner on the task is out all week, so I'm trying to do the work of two. In the background, my mother's got CNN going with news of last night's Colorado movie theater shooting. And all I can think of is the Littleton shootings, years back. This should never have happened again. Anywhere. Never again. But it keeps happening.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:23 PM   #101  

I'm back from my test drives. I chose the Jag. The clincher was the massaging seats! I know my DS would have preferred the WIFI in the Audi, but he's not going to be going on trips with us. I should be able to pick it up on Thursday.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:20 PM   #102  
Staying the Same

michele - unfortunately he technically still lives there. And he's coming back for a week on Sunday, which means panicked cleaning and feeling like I have to be on my best behavior instead of sitting around in my underwear with my roommate also in her underwear talking about poop.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:29 PM   #103  
Staying the Same

UGH - just got back from helping clean up a kitten that was hit accidentally in the parking lot at work. Its mother and siblingkitten were watching. I can't stop crying.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:41 PM   #104  

Oh, how sad!

The baby bird that my cat caught but didn't kill ventured out of it's nest again the next day and we found it dead on the ground. I can't see into the nest to see if it's sibling is still there or not.

Meanwhile, DS heard a loud noise (which totally freaked out the cats) and when he went to see what it was he found that the window portion of our sliding door in the guest room is shattered. There was a rock on the patio--it fell into three pieces from the impact. My brother says we should go home and inspect our roof--he thinks they might have been aiming for our solar panels. I'll be really upset if that is the case. We know where the rock had to have come from (the neighbor's next door--the ones who are moving) but I'm certain that it was friends of their boys--not the actual neighbors.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:24 PM   #105  
Staying the Same

It's so sad to see baby animals die - I don't think it ever gets easier with time or # of pets who have passed or anything.

Hope you find whoever threw the rocks and they get their comeuppance. Vandalism is disgusting!