Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #1  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Default I am out of control. +14 Pounds in ONE WEEK

This morning I weighed 161 pounds. Last Monday morning I weighed 147. I have not had a period in 80 days, I have eaten non-stop for the last week, and I feel like one of the biggest hypocrites to ever live. I feel worthless, anxious, helpless, hopeless, and miserable. I have to leave for work in about an hour and my pants are so tight I can hardly breath. I can feel a major panic attack coming on and I don't know how to face the world right now. I just want to crawl back into my black hole and not come out.

I know that probably 5 pounds is water, colon sludge and all that crap, but the fact of the matter is, my body weighs 161 pounds this morning and I am back into the freaking overweight BMI and I feel like total $hit. I want to cry.

I know what I need to do, and I intend to do it, but I just felt the need to confess. People in real life will see it today, but I don't want to hide it from you all.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 05-14-2012 at 06:38 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Lori Bell... Been there... Don't panic, it won't help. Don't try to go to the other extreme, either. You know what to do.

Take a deep breath. Most of the weight is bound to be water weight, though not all of it.

Quit eating nonstop. Set some times for your intake and stick with those times. Don't worry about the amount or type of food, just get yourself back on a schedule. No grazing, no handful of this or that, no snack and then snack again. No second helpings at meals. Eat when you should, and eat satisfying portions.

You still have those reins in your hands, so hang on. Pull that horse back to a walk--easy does it--don't let go!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 05-14-2012 at 07:49 AM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #4  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Lori, we've all been there. First off, forgive yourself. Put on your most comfy pants (or big girl panties) and do what you know you need to do. The past is in the past. Its how we move forward that matters. 14 lbs (most of which is water) is way better than 140 lbs. You can do this. I'm up too this morning as is usual for a Monday.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #5  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Lori Bell,
Breathe, breathe, breathe.... Perhaps it's hormonal menopause hoopla knockin??? You know what you have to do to reign it back in LB & I know you will do it, girl you will so get a handle on this NOW before the scales goes higher... No period huh? Gosh, I wish I could say the same, I am on my 3rd period in a months time, my hormones are all outta whack for reason unbeknownst to me, menopause may be knockin early on my door as well....
Again, relax, breathe, as losermom said put on your big girl panties (no pun intended) & get to eating squeaky clean & you will see the weight will soon go down, just like it has arisen I promise!
Sometimes I stop and ask myself what's eating me, when I am in the eating zone!
Nobody is immune to weight gain, NOBODY! Your human remember, so be kind to yourself!
Soon those 14lbs will be HISTORY!!! Big hugs.... Wendalyn

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 05-14-2012 at 08:12 AM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:29 AM   #6  
Chuggin' along...

Hang in there, you will get through this! Stop and take some mindful breaths. Maybe a little stroll through your neighborhood to help center yourself. Don't keep thinking about food - clear your mind, then tackle the food. Are you under a lot of stress at home or at work? Encounter something in particular that set you off? Sounds like hormones are certainly not helping anything.

I agree with Jay's suggestion of trying to get yourself back on a regular eating schedule. I would go farther to suggest "clean" foods that are normally in your (reduced weight) diet, but portions aren't as important as getting yourself back in a "normal" mindset for right now.

I understand what you mean by "confessing"! I do it here, too. Let us know how today goes.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #7  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Sending supportive thoughts, Lori Bell.

Kudos for taking the first step for getting back on your path.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Hang in there. We've all been through this. There is a solution and you know where to find it. Stop panicking and think clearly and develop a plan. You can do it!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Check in with us, Lori. Please. I'll be thinking about you all day. I don't like to think of you in such distress.

I like and admire you so much. You are a distinctive voice and personality and I will always want to know how you are doing, the good and the bad.

What in particular happened over the past week? I know you've been working really hard and you felt you haven't gotten enough sleep. Has this been building up for some time, or was there a straw that broke the camel's back?

Breathe and stay away from the junk. It's Windex or dish soap time. Tell your husband or others in your household that you need help. Coming here for help was a great move.

As someone who's regained a little myself, and is fighting it back, I know the black hole that swallows me when I think of it all coming right back on, like a landslide of fat engulfing me. But it's not that. For you, it's 14 pounds. Think how, a couple years back, you'd have loved to be one of those woman just looking to lose 14 pounds. You know, one of those normal women. That's where you are. In normal territory. You don't need to be a weight loss goddess or a guru or a role model in the community. You don't have to live up to or prove anything. You just need to get through this one day. And then the next.

Sending you loving thoughts & support ...
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Major hugs to you. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I've been feeling very out of control myself, and reading and feeling your panic is a wake up call to me as well. I need to reign things in before I regain too much. I'm out of town without a scale which always worries me, but I know I've been eating my "old" way, and I don't want to look the way I used to.

Please check in with us, and don't be so hard on yourself. It certainly won't do you any good!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

I hope you are ok--and that you'll figure out whatever's underneath this, physical and/or otherwise. I read your posts all the time and you are so encouraging. Be kind to yourself.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I can truly say BTDT , many of us have and it is upsetting. You know what you have to do and I am sure you will. I have complete faith in you that you will immeiately get back on track.
Lori Bell, do you realize your weight loss equals more than I weigh right now ? That is an amazing achievement.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 360/270/175

Height: 5"6'

I hate to ask --- but any possibility you're pregnant??
missunderstood28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #14  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

I know you'll get back on track Lori. Take it one meal at a time and I think you'll feel more in control.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #15  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunderstood28 View Post
I hate to ask --- but any possibility you're pregnant??

I was thinking perimenopause; this one didn't even occur to me!
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote