3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Maintainers Staying Slim for Summer Part II

Old 05-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #46
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

Shannon, I was finally able to see the picture of your flowers when I got home - so bright and pretty! Happy birthday to fellow Taurus !

Allison, I loved the recital video! Looking forward to seeing the rest soon!

Megan, I'm a Robert Jordan fan too. I thought Brandon Sanderson has done a nice job picking it up with Jordan's death, but having read a lot of Sanderson, I can see the influences. Love the series; I found book 13 to be a little slow and I'm ready for the conclusion. It has been a fun ride!

Big music weekend here. Alex heads out for a 2 hr dress rehearsal this morning, for tomorrow's church musical. While he does that, I need to get an oil change, get his dress shirt ironed for tonight's concert, slick up the house a bit, pick him up, stuff some lunch in him AND get him to a haircut, drive him to Ann Arbor for 2pm call, come home, more busywork, grab dinner with those of us going to the concert (boss, friend, in-laws, mom, spouse), go back to Ann Arbor, and enjoy a 2 hour choir performance. Alex will sing 16 pieces tonight with the choir, all memorized.

Tomorrow, church musical, followed by lunch with inlaws, an afternoon visit with a good friend, and somehow, all the laundry and other stuff needed to get ready for the next week. And grocery shopping.

This weekend is simply an endurance test. Sometimes, they're like that. I can't wait for this concert tonight!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:18 AM   #47

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, I am quite proud of my DD!!! (And my DS!)

I'm amazed. I have had several days of mindless munching and yet I managed to lose half a pound. 149 even this morning!

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸ ¸.•'´) ¸.•'´)
``•Allison•``
(¸.•'´(¸.•'´ `'•.¸)`' •.¸)

“A Year from Now You May Wish You Had Started Today”~Karen Lamb
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #48

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post

I'm amazed. I have had several days of mindless munching and yet I managed to lose half a pound. 149 even this morning!
This why dieting is so confusing, I gain when I am sure I will lose and I lose when I am sure I will gain.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #49
Chuggin' along...

I didn't drink alcohol over the weekend but definitely indulged in some boredom eating. Nothing crazy, but nowhere close to "losing" calorie levels. I stink at making plans when at loose ends so was at home all weekend with only the dog for company. BF wasn't interested in going to see a movie, and the weather was too bad to go out on the boat, so he went off surfing by himself and worked part of the weekend. I need to do better at this next weekend - if nothing pops up, I will go to the city to get a haircut which I really need.

I annoy myself sometimes. I get so busy I can't wait for a breather. Then I don't have anything to do and complain.

I did finish Mockingjay. Yes, Bill, what kind of an ending is that? Of course when it comes to books I'm notoriously unsatisfied with any ending. When I get into a story I want to know what happens, yet am sad when it ends and there is no more.

Becky, how was the concert? Did you get everything done?

Allison, how is Chico responding after his first chemo? Give him some love for me.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #50

Chico's doing quite well, Megan. He didn't get sick at all--mostly just made him tired the first day. Yesterday, we were out in the back yard and I threw the tennis ball for him (not very far as he's not supposed to run yet) and he got so excited! It was really nice seeing him perk up and wag his tail with so much enthusiasm.

My DD read all three Hunger Games books in two days! She was disappointed with the ending as well. I don't remember it well as it was over a year ago that I read them. I have them on my kindle, so I could read them again, but I have so many new books to read.

``•Allison•``

Old 05-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #51
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

My time of month started up this morning, which may explain my ravenous feeling today after returning from the gym and my deep sadness yesterday. Also contributing to the latter feeling was my staying on my laptop on a fine day, finishing up the list of flood losses, which meant using my memory & mentally walking through my apartment, to take inventory in each room & recall what became of everything in it. No wonder I was thinking about life and the point of it.

Anyway, this time of the month always leaves me speculating about my weight, since I never think it's my "real" weight when my hormones are messing with me.

Today I'm chewing Extra gum from nerves and trying not to overdo it. I'm tense & preoccupied because of my mother's great sadness. My mantra today: There's No Real Comfort or Solution in Carbs. There's No Real Comfort or Solution in Carbs.

Last edited by saef : 05-15-2012 at 11:24 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:48 PM   #52

I am still slightly over goal , half a pound but that is just not acceptable. I can't button my pants, I refuse to go buy a larger size.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #53

Happy Birthday, Shannon !!!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:05 AM   #54

Have a very happy birthday, Shannon!!!

``•Allison•``

Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #55
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116/this is fine

Height: 5'5

Happy birthday, Shannon!

Weight is back down mostly. My uncle is in town and it's very bizarre to me that he and my mother don't hug or show affection, but then again they are Dutch late 60s-mid-70s-somethings who grew up in Detroit, and that's just how it is. His wife died in October; he was very close to her, cared for her for the 7 years she suffered from myeloma, and it's terrible seeing him carrying a broken heart around. Maybe it's the rain, but I can't help thinking about my parents getting old and sick and dying and getting upset about it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/krampus
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:24 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Happy birthday, Shannon!

Weight is back down mostly. My uncle is in town and it's very bizarre to me that he and my mother don't hug or show affection, but then again they are Dutch late 60s-mid-70s-somethings who grew up in Detroit, and that's just how it is. His wife died in October; he was very close to her, cared for her for the 7 years she suffered from myeloma, and it's terrible seeing him carrying a broken heart around. Maybe it's the rain, but I can't help thinking about my parents getting old and sick and dying and getting upset about it.
Krampus, enjoy them while you can , tell them you love them and you will never have regrets.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #57
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/156.0/<148

Height: 5'7.5"

Megan, the concert was outstanding! The choir alumni have gone onto some amazing musical careers (and interestingly, many math degrees). The Ann Arbor Boychoir has their own FB page, and they have posted the video from the closing song that includes the full choir, the prep choir, and as many alumni as were willing to sing - they did "The Lord Bless You and Keep You". I wish I could link to it. When/if it goes up on YouTube, I might be able to do it then. Alex switched gears seamlessly into the church musical and his "rap" persona. All of us that know him can see how comfortable he is with performing and how happy it makes him. Unfortunately, he is also becoming aware of the stereotypes that middle-school idiots place on kids that break away from the pack to pursue the arts and theater. If I could wish him into a thicker skin, I'd do it! I ended up working from home yesterday to clean up some loose ends, but nothing major fell through the cracks.

allison, it's really good to read that Chico's chasing his ball again!

saef, condolences for your mom's loss of her friend. It's good that you recognize the weird thoughts of TOM; I get the bleakness for a few days too. Mantra on - it's a good one!

bargoo, do you think of your goal as more of a redline? The idea of pants that don't button with only a half pound is kinda scary to me! Are they a special pair of "test" pants, or some you wear often?

Shannon, Happy Birthday!!!

I am cleaning my system out from Mother's Day celebrations. Alex convinced DH to buy 2 dozen dipped strawberries from Shari's Berries. Darn things are 100 calories EACH - I shared lots, but ate lots too. Plus, the inlaws brought a very small birthday cake (DH and I have birthdays 6 days apart), and a Cinnamon Roll loaf. After two days of sweet treats, I'm done. I'm going to avoid the scale for a couple days. I am so glad that I don't have the same penchant for sweet stuff that I do for crunchy/salty - even fruit is a little intense after this overload. Back to plan!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #58
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Shannon, hey girl, you made it through another year. Good for you. Hope it's a happy one. (Will you get a home-made birthday card from your stepson? I love those.)

I don't feel as puffy as usual during time of month, but my appetite has been raging. Two hours after dinner, I had plain nonfat Greek yogurt with Pumpkin Pie Spice and stevia mixed through it because my stomach couldn't remember having had dinner. Also, this time my cycle reverted to its old 28-day version, rather than to the newer, 18-day version. Have I been less stressed, or eating better, or is this just a random hormonal event?

Krampus, I'm also trying to understand people for whom displays of emotion are difficult, or for whom they just don't happen. My mother keeps wondering aloud about our late neighbor's family. "They don't cry," she repeated over and over again.

I am just absorbing the behavior, trying to understand this family. The husband did not want to see the wife after the doctor told her she'd died on the table. There will be no viewing; she'll be cremated. He hasn't want to tell any of the neighbors -- it's as though his wife dying is something shameful, a secret to be hidden -- but my mother told him to do this because they were the wife's friends, for God's sake, and also, we needed help from someone to disassemble the hospital bed the wife had slept in. This morning, my mother went to the funeral home with the husband, at his request, because she's done this before. She carried some of my old clothes in size 14. That's for the late wife. (So I'm glad some few vestiges of my various sizes through my weight loss remain here in storage at my mother's house.) The woman had been a size 22, but in less than a year dropped down to a size 14 due to her COPD. She lived in sweats and t-shirts, though, so there weren't any clothes about in her home that seemed suitable for the cremation. Already yesterday, less than 24 hours after her death, the family was taking out all her clothes in garbage bags. My mother & I were not able to do this right away with my father's clothes. (I still have his somewhat worn plaid bathrobe in my closet: Good memories of doing the Times crossword puzzle with him at the kitchen table in the early morning, during my visits, as we were both early risers and my mother sleeps in late.)

So, Krampus, isn't human nature widely varied? Bargoo is right. Show them that you love them. Even those encased in the ice of their personal inhibitions and upbringing really do feel it when they know they're loved. They may not show it much, but they do feel it. Of that I am convinced.

Last edited by saef : 05-15-2012 at 11:43 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #59

S/C/G: 178/122/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICUwishing View Post

I am cleaning my system out from Mother's Day celebrations. Alex convinced DH to buy 2 dozen dipped strawberries from Shari's Berries. Darn things are 100 calories EACH - I shared lots, but ate lots too. Plus, the inlaws brought a very small birthday cake (DH and I have birthdays 6 days apart), and a Cinnamon Roll loaf. After two days of sweet treats, I'm done. I'm going to avoid the scale for a couple days. I am so glad that I don't have the same penchant for sweet stuff that I do for crunchy/salty - even fruit is a little intense after this overload. Back to plan!
Yum! I've had those berries-- they are gorgeous! I never knew their calories though.

Happy Birthday Shannon! Hope you're having a great day!

2014 workout goals:
365 total workouts including a minimum of 250 bikram yoga classes

So far:
298/365 workouts
234 bikram yogas
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #60

[quote=ICUwishing;4333976]

bargoo, do you think of your goal as more of a redline? The idea of pants that don't button with only a half pound is kinda scary to me! Are they a special pair of "test" pantsquote]

Any pants. When I reached goal I went on the mother of all shopping trips and bought more than I actually need and I disposed of anything too big.
I can wear them but have to leave the top unbuttoned and be sure I have a shirt that covers this fact. I don't think my goal weight is unreasonable the "charts" tell me a range for 5' is 101-127 and I think that 101 is not only ridiculous but impossible. I am small boned, too, I never can find a watch or bracelet that isn't too big without taking out links. I really don't want to lower my calories but may need to drop a couple of hundred.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.