Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #1  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Default Maintainers Weekly Chat February 13 - February 19

Feeling the pressure to get the income taxes done this week. And not to eat away the tension that goes with that. I don't have a problem paying my fair share; I just hate the paper work involved to be sure that I'm not overpaying.

Reminder: Tomorrow is Valentine's Day for those, like me, who start planning late.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Bill Romance and taxes - ! We pay our personal tax at the end of April. I do my business and personal together (I'm self-employed) and I always wait until the last minute, because I use the Easter long weekend to get it all done at once.

I combine DH's birthday and Valentine's Day (2 days apart) so I'm already done. I took him to dinner, gave him chocolate cake and wine for dessert, and he was a happy camper.

We cut the (small) cake in 2 - half was frozen for my birthday next month. We also only had one glass of wine each. I think we're getting old!

Good week all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #3  
Chuggin' along...

Morning all,

I'm so tired, I'm ready for my weekend now! Oh wait... darn. I veered and crashed off course of my healthy eating (and drinking) habits last night at/after the cast party. Mostly after, for the drinking, at least. I'm really regretting it this AM. Back to the grind at work this week and I need to tighten things up if I want February's weight loss to be as successful as January's. I'm glad I will be at home for dinners this week after traveling so much the last week (dinner theatre venue was a 45-minute drive one-way, I always left home early when I wasn't hungry, and just didn't plan very well). I ended up having a lot of fun doing the show with my two co-actors, which was nice bc the director was very frustrating. I won't work with him again.

I have healthy foods planned and need to go to the store today to finish my grocery shopping for the week. I got some delicious navel oranges over the weekend at the local fruit stand. I'm also hoping to get back to yoga this week. BF and I never really celebrate Valentine's too much, other than making sure we have dinner together. A healthy dinner.

Taxes? Oh yes. Must clean the house, launder the carpet, and do taxes too. Priority in that order. I can't do my taxes in a messy house. I'm weird like that.

Have a good week all.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Feeling like I'm teetering on a tightrope in regards to my weight/eating. Must rein it in. Anyone ever feel like they are testing maintenance to see how much they can do without really gaining? That was me this weekend/ last week, and the scale is punishing me as a result. I'm not happy about it, so hopefully I will buckle down.

Dh had his interview this morning. Now we wait. I hope he finds out soon so he doesn't drive us both insane. Then he will either be disappointed, or the whirlwind will start with figuring out where to move, what to do with our house here, etc.!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I'm still trying to amass all the paperwork that I need to turn my taxes into our CPA. I think I should take some time this weekend to look up the last of it otherwise I won't get it in to him in time.

I had a good weekend and am up only half a pound this morning, so I'm pretty confident it will be gone tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with Truly Nolen as the ants are attacking far sooner than they should. We first noticed it when Louie, the cat, would sit in the laundry room staring at the wall. Turns out he was waiting for an ant to crawl up through a crack between the wall and the tile and then he'd eat it. This morning I found a bunch of them in the guest bedroom. I've determined that they mostly have colonies all around my house but have found several entrances into the house and are living in the walls. Ugh.

I feel bad this morning. Who knew that it was a school holiday? Obviously not I, and I did my normal routine and fixed DS his breakfast and woke him up. He kindly informed me of the day off, ate his breakfast, loaded his dishes in the dishwasher and went back to bed. Teenagers! I would have liked to go back to bed, but instead am at work.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Um... why is it a school holiday, alinnell?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #7  

Jay, his school district (as well as others here) celebrate it as "Lincoln's Day Observance." I thought that was the point of Presidents Day--so there weren't so many school holidays!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi all,

I actually feel like I have my weight under control. I can eat whatever I want as long as I don't want massive portions of rich food all day every day, and allowing myself this much freedom is really working. The number is going down and I know that I am below my "set point" and feel great. My habits could be a lot healthier but it's such a good feeling to feel IN CONTROL of something so basic as FOOD.

I moved out of my parents' house a couple weeks ago and living a regular working life is pretty cool. I make crap money and need a second job, but aside from that I'm very happy. My relationship and my social life are stable and I feel like I'm managing my money OK considering I have such a pithy hourly wage.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Jay, his school district (as well as others here) celebrate it as "Lincoln's Day Observance." I thought that was the point of Presidents Day--so there weren't so many school holidays!
Your son loaded his DISHES into the dishwasher? How, how, how did you teach him to do that? The closest DH ever gets is to put a dish on top of the counter in the general area where the dishwasher is located. I have shown him the "magic door under the counter" several times but he can't seem to get it open.

Dagmar
Old 02-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Your son loaded his DISHES into the dishwasher? How, how, how did you teach him to do that? The closest DH ever gets is to put a dish on top of the counter in the general area where the dishwasher is located. I have shown him the "magic door under the counter" several times but he can't seem to get it open.

Dagmar
My SON always loads his dishes. My HUSBAND? Not so much--he'll load his glass in the morning, but rarely helps with the dishes after dinner. And I don't remember teaching my kids these things, but they do help out--most of the time without my asking. I have great kids (but then my son says I'm an awesome Mom).
Old 02-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #11  

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Dagmar (already ate my chocolate)
Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #12  

DH brought me chocolate AND roses last night. And a card with a purple hippo on it (that would be him, according to him).

He's working tonite so I will be spending Valentine's alone. Leftovers by candlelight, with roses on the table and chocolate for dessert. Life is GOOD! Kinda.

He does come through with the gesture at times. But our relationship is such that I too bought myself a box of chocolates, just in case he didn't and felt like a dork when I gave him his.

I'm beginning to think that this is just the norm when you live with a man. It's been 16 years and I only figured this out now?

Good day all! Hope you all enjoy a little romance in your day, whether you're partnered up or not.

Dagmar
Old 02-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #13  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

I second that

Happy Valentine's Day

[Acknowledging that my gender takes a while to tame, LOL.]
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Happy Valentine's Day all.

Dh came home from his interview. He will hopefully know something soon. However, he threw a curve ball at me. He said the job was 100% in Atlanta. Ok.... so I was getting used to that idea. Then when he came home, he had a new scenario. He thinks there will be another opening in Houston. They might offer him the job in Atlanta, or give him a choice between the Atlanta job or the Houston job. This is just his speculation, but he is pretty good at figuring out the politics in his company usually. He wants me to tell him which I prefer. I am from Houston and we lived there until 2003, so my best friend is still there (a plus), but his parents are too (plus and negative!). We'll see if we get to make the decision, but it has left me with my mind spinning!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #15  

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

DD is starting to get her acceptance and rejection letters from grad schools she's applied to. So far Columbia said no and UTAustin said yes. She's still hoping for Claremont Grad (as am I).

DH recorded the Grammy's for me and we watched a little on Sunday night and were going to watch the rest last night and somehow our DVR decided not to record the rest of the show. I was really disappointed because I look forward to the performances. I finally found the performances online this morning and am watching them now (those that I wanted to see anyway).

Michele~good luck with your decision!