Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #61  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday, Feb. 28:

15 minutes Stairmaster stepper, resistance at seven, with me burning it up because I was furiously thinking all the way through it, rehearsing things to say at today's presentation
60 minutes shoulders, biceps & triceps routine
45 minutes recumbent bike, resistance at eight, doing a half hour of intervals with one-minute sprints and one-minute rests. Oh my, it makes this bike feel like a serious exercise machine rather than a form of living room lounge with a foot-rest that you peddle.

On days when I feel overwhelmed with tasks, it takes me longer to get to the gym, even when I have nothing scheduled that the gym time would run into.

I need to remember how cardio burns off nervous energy, clears my head and somehow naturally sedates me when it's over.

Last edited by saef; 02-28-2012 at 09:14 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #62  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Wednesday, Feb. 29:

The cat made me do it. I mean, he's used to me following a certain schedule, so he started walking over my body at 4 AM, which is when I usually wake up. (How can they tell the time without reading a clock, particularly since the light cues change at this time of year?) I got up to feed him and let him out, despite having had only four hours of good sleep, and then stayed up, had breakfast and headed for the gym. Honestly, I might have just cared for the cat and gone back to bed for another two hours, but there's a snowstorm in the forecast, and I figured I'd better leave the house while I still could.

So, 45 minute spin class with heavy resistance and sprint intervals
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:27 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Wednesday, Feb. 29:

The cat made me do it. I mean, he's used to me following a certain schedule, so he started walking over my body at 4 AM, which is when I usually wake up. (How can they tell the time without reading a clock, particularly since the light cues change at this time of year?) I got up to feed him and let him out, despite having had only four hours of good sleep, and then stayed up, had breakfast and headed for the gym. Honestly, I might have just cared for the cat and gone back to bed for another two hours, but there's a snowstorm in the forecast, and I figured I'd better leave the house while I still could.

So, 45 minute spin class with heavy resistance and sprint intervals
Animals pick up on our tiniest body signals. I think Mudpie times her wake up to a slight change in my breathing. And their "internal clocks" usually are wired to their stomachs!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Feb. 27: 30 minutes body pump, 30 minutes core training

Totals:
25 days
1675 minutes
Feb. 28: none