Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-22-2011, 11:23 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Officially have worked out 300 times this year. I had initially set this as a goal and then didn't think I'd make it, so I had changed my goal to 250. Once I hit that, I just plugged away as many days as possible. I think my goal next year will be however many days I get this year plus one (I think it is a Leap Year next year anyway).
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Gary, it's really hard to lay guys off. I'm sure you hate it as much as we do. Hopefully more jobs will come around and you can hire them back. Hey, do you get down to Costa Mesa at all? If you do, especially at night or when it's dark, go to South Coast Plaza (not to shop!) and drive by the Forever 21 store and tell me what you think of the "light box." You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. We did that last summer. I've only seen daytime photos and videos of it. We keep saying we'll drive down there some time to see it at night.

Michele~that's a wonderful goal that you met! Good for you!!

Saef~hugs. I hope you find your way out of the funk.

Today is our annual "end of year" party. We can't call it a Christmas party. Well, we can and we do, but we have one employee who is Jehovah's Witness and he doesn't do parties. I'm certain he won't even eat the lovely lasagna that I made last night.

It was really somber at work yesterday. One of the kitties that is in the feral colony down the street had been hit by a car. My office assistant considers them all "her babies" as she feeds them daily. I wish I had gotten to work earlier and had my FIL go and remove it before she showed up and saw it. Anyway, she came into the office in tears and she never got over it all day at work. Mind you, she has five cats of her own at home, but this still got to her. She's one of those people who can't kill anything--including bugs. She'll round them up and take them outside instead.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #33  
Workin' It

Michele - high five on the exercise! Woo hoo!

Gary - you take good care of your people, that's good. So many don't now. I'm sure that they appreciate you doing all that you can for them.

Allison - I'm sorry about the kitty.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:27 AM   #34  

Shannon~it got worse with the kitty. Another one was found dead today and someone has taken all the bowls that we and others have put out for food and water for the feral colony. DH took photos of the cat. It wasn't hit by a car he doesn't think. Due to the fact that the food bowls are gone, we're thinking someone had to have done it intentionally. I had to send my office assistant home. Not a nice way to start the holiday weekend. Kind of puts a damper on my lunch party.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #35  
Workin' It

Oh no, Allison... Do you think the city is doing it? Though they would probably try to collect the cats.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:21 PM   #36  

I doubt it is the city. Lisa, another woman who feeds the cats, told DH that a couple months ago she was feeding them and a guy in a red pickup stopped to tell her what a nuisance the cats were and went on and on. He might have something to do with it.

DH has a plan. On Tuesday, we'll call Burrtec waste (where the feeding bowls were located) and talk to the person Lisa talks to about the cats. (Burrtec likes the cats as they help with the rats that are drawn to the trash and recycling there.) Then he's going to talk to a couple business owners that he thinks will back him and have them spread the word about what happened. Until then, we'll see. The finicky cat that comes to our office to eat is alive and well, so hopefully the rest are as well. The kitty that was dead this morning was one that we caught and had neutered three years ago. Also, I think Lisa called the police as I've seen a couple police cars drive by today and they don't normally do that.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas!
Happy Holidays!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #38  

Everyone have a beautiful weekend. Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Allison-- I would get the police involved. It sounds like someone might be poisoning the cats. Hope you get to the bottom of it and someone gets what they deserve.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #41  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Merry Christmas
BillBlueEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 09:56 AM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Yep...what ^ HE ^ said

Angie and I had a wonderful evening last night. A very nice service at church...her bell choir brought down the house! Music was awesome and so cool seeing all the extra excited kids! Just love it.

We had 23 over for dinner and extended family gift exchange after church. Angie made split pea and posole soups while I made chili and spinach, chicken and wild rice soup.

My ex-wife was pleased with the Naked Cafe gift card I gave her in the exchange. My daughter told her there was one by her so my Brenda said she would use it to take her to breakfast/lunch one day soon. I was pretty sure that was the way is was gonna play out. A "free" gift to my daughter

Angie and I are about to take off for the beach, gonna be in the 70's here, for a walk and breakfast at the cafe. They are opening a little later today.

Have a great day!

I will get back to answer a couple of questions I was asked here later today/tomorrow.

Be good
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote