Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-17-2011, 07:28 PM   #46  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I'm sure I'm not the only one that likes being fit. It's fun!

I dominated at my fiancee's party yesterday. I played Just Dance 2 and 3 for...I don't know how many songs. Maybe 15, 20? Nobody could do more than two in a row! Ha! I didn't even break a sweat!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Most of the labradors love the geese
One of the maintenance guys on the golf course rides around in a golf cart with his lab. The lab knows the difference between the ducks and the Canada Geese and will jump out and bark and chase the Canada Geese but leaves the ducks alone. Another friend lives on another golf course and she says that every morning at 7 AM they have a coot shoot. I guess coots are as bad (although a whole lot smaller than) Canada Geese.

Megan, thanks for the info on the tiger shrimp. I understand they're invasive and therefore bad, but if you can eat them, you might as well do so rather than throwing them back to eat the native species.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #48  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I got in past 1 AM last night from another one-day "shopping" bus trip to Manhattan. Thus ends my three grueling consecutive weekends in my former (and future) region.

I wanted to go to the difficult vinyasa yoga class at my gym at 9 AM but once again was too slow-moving to make it. I need to get out there eventually, but it's so cold and I still feel so sluggish.

Anyway, I avoided as many shopping areas as possible yesterday and saw three movies, each with a great performance by an actress: "A Dangerous Method," a David Cronenburg film about Freud and Jung and a fascinating woman who interacted with them both, first as a patient and then as an analyst; "Young Adult," a really funny movie written by Diablo Cody (the "Juno" scriptwriter) with Charlize Theron as a self-centered blonde; and "My Week With Marilyn," with Michelle Williams channeling the sex goddess. There are about five other movies playing in Manhattan that look great, and won't come to Upstate NY, so this was a frustrating experience, and I had to set my schedule partly based on when one movie let out & the other began & the travel time between them. Anyway, I hit Whole Foods salad bar for lunch & dinner -- though different branches of the store. The stuff may be healthy but my ankles are swollen today with water retention, so it must have been salted.

Yesterday, going from movie to movie, I felt almost normal. Any anxieties were the usual kind, about getting to do what I wanted to do and "hitting my marks" with scheduled times.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote