Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
Saturday, Dec. 31:
When I enter the yoga studio, I feel like: "Ahhh." So why don't I rouse myself up from the sofa in the early winter dark and drive through the cold rain & snow to get there? Because despite the momentum needed, and the physical discomfort, there's a reward at the end. I need to remember that.
The dark, the cold, and any combo of bad weather conditions do tend to demotivate even the most stalwart of us. I at least have a paycheque to look forward to and to motivate me every day during the winter.

Having much more money than I do you are probably not as motivated by it but maybe you can look at the yoga as your "peace" paycheque?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Dec. 29: 90 minutes bikram yoga

Dec. 30: 40 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes walk

Now to decide what exercise to do tomorrow for the last workout of the year.

Totals:

26 days
1908 minutes
Dec. 31: 60 minutes spin class

Totals:

27 days
1968 minutes

traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:11 AM   #63  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpie View Post
Having much more money than I do you are probably not as motivated by it but maybe you can look at the yoga as your "peace" paycheque?
I need yoga but find it challenging and humbling, thus my ambivalence toward it.

And oh, yes, I am definitely motivated by money. My insurance did not cover the flood losses because it was only homeowners' insurance, not flood insurance. I have taken a huge hit financially. (Which is one of the reasons I'm living with my mother.) And if I were not motivated by money, I would not work at this job of mine. I'd just write poetry or fiction and work as an adjunct creative writing teacher. The thing is, I am not constituted to be happy living on the earnings that this would provide. But that's best for another thread, no? Our wants & needs and how we order our lives to fund them?
saef is offline   Reply With Quote