Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #31  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I'm slightly conflicted. I do occasionally miss the ignorance of not knowing how many calories are in that doughnut/ice cream/cookie that I want. At the same time, it's my lack of ignorance that keeps me on plan and allows me to keep losing or maintain, instead of being 200+ pounds again.

So I guess what I really miss is the act of eating without thinking about the ramifications and consequences of every bite I put into my body. I can't turn off my brain anymore. I can't unlearn things. So, even with planned high calorie days, I sometimes have to make myself not feel guilty about what I'm eating - even though I've planned for it! That's aggravating. I wish I had a "high calorie day" switch in my brain.
JenMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

I do not miss anything...
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:09 PM   #33  
Workin' It

I sometimes miss eating the sugary food without guilt, though when I eat it now I feel kind of sick and then don't miss it as much.

I love too much about myself now to really miss me then.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Having more pasta than I can eat at once now. That's about it. One thing versus every thing that is Life, so ... nah.

I don't even have boobs and warmth to miss. I wasn't happy with my breasts then either, and I was overheated, probably not as much because of the weight as the fact that I felt the need to wear black pants and such even all summer. Ugh, and I sure as **** do not miss black pants. I might manage to never wear them again.

Right now I'm a few lbs up from my normal maintenance weight of 136 (1-2 lbs of it is TOM) and I'm trying to lose a few again. I bring this up because I gain weight in two distinct places first: my face, and my breasts. My breasts are notably better at 140ish than several lbs less. But my face looks too full. If not for that, I'd chose to always maintain right here.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote