Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

I will have to vote for boobs too! Although they are well proportioned to my body and I like how they look with clothes on, naked it's a different story - saggy and with wrinkly skin. Hopefully with the magic of time a little tightening action will happen!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM   #17  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

I think in a weird way I sort of miss the process of losing... yeah, I still want to lose a bit more, but let's face it, the days of losing 12 pounds in a month are over, and I miss the accomplishment of that, having the goal to work towards. But I don't miss how overweight looked and felt, at all.
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #18  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestone View Post
I think in a weird way I sort of miss the process of losing... yeah, I still want to lose a bit more, but let's face it, the days of losing 12 pounds in a month are over, and I miss the accomplishment of that, having the goal to work towards. But I don't miss how overweight looked and felt, at all.
I have a feeling I'm going to be this way too. This is why I'm so thankful to have a love for goals at the gym and a group of fellow competitive gym goers who offer up occasional challenges. It gives me something to focus on.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:08 PM   #19  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

My innocence about food.

Looking at it just as a thing in the world, inert, neutral, neither benign nor malignant -- rather than thinking of it as a calorie delivery unit, a medicine, a nutritional supplement, evidence of a conspiracy by Food, Inc., a quasi-sexual temptation, or physical evidence of moral rectitude or turpitude.

And not fearing making the wrong choice, or a choice that wasn't optimum. Every food represents a multiple choice test question, and I hate, hate, hate getting them wrong.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #20  
nearly there

S/C/G: 145/111/95

Height: 5"1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillBlueEyes View Post
I miss being warm.

There's a reason why, in the cold, cold oceans, whales have an insulating layer.

I'm not an official maintainer yet, but I'm close and essentially I was maintaining during my two+ year stall so I'll chime in.

I miss being warm too. And I miss being able to walk into a clothing store and know that I'll be able to find something that fits. I actually had more choices when I was heavier.
Magrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 02:07 PM   #21  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
My innocence about food.

Looking at it just as a thing in the world, inert, neutral, neither benign nor malignant -- rather than thinking of it as a calorie delivery unit, a medicine, a nutritional supplement, evidence of a conspiracy by Food, Inc., a quasi-sexual temptation, or physical evidence of moral rectitude or turpitude.

And not fearing making the wrong choice, or a choice that wasn't optimum. Every food represents a multiple choice test question, and I hate, hate, hate getting them wrong.
I agree completely.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/209/174

Height: 5ft 10

I don't like my post-weightloss boobs, but they were sagging when I regained weight last time anyway. I regret that I lost a similar amount of weight twice because they were worse this time, but I can't turn back the clock.

I miss the time when I didn't feel the necessity to keep tabs on my food intake. Sometimes I get a bit toddler-tantrum about that - why me? Why can't I be like all those naturally slim people who don't count and track anything? Waaah! Then I remember where it got me.

I don't miss the process of losing though. I still keep a chart and derive some personal satisfaction from seeing that little line sticking more or less in the same place, give or take a pound or two.
lora m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 05:49 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I miss the ease of fast food. Work late, stressed, tired and hungry? Taco Bell was cheap, fast and tasty. Or - don't feel like cooking? Order a pizza. It's at your house in 30 minutes and it's so yummy.

Of course, being thin is better and there are fast/healthy options, but none as EASY as fast food/pizza ordering.

That's why I don't order pizza or eat fast food, it's a slippery slope. If I did it once, it's easy to just keep doing it.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:33 AM   #24  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I miss the ease of fast food.
I never really went to the chain fast food stores, but my equivalent would be Chinese or Indian take-out. I mean the gut-filling, salty-sweet-hot, rich, unhealthy kind. Both with lots & lots of white rice underneath.

Now I destroy all the menus dropped off at my building without reading them.

(I should explain that, in case it's not the custom elsewhere. These inexpensive takeout food places are run on the backs of woefully underpaid delivery guys, many very recent immigrants, and one of their jobs is to visit apartment building lobbies & stuff all the mail receptacles with menus. If you go away on a week-long trip somewhere & no one picks up your mail, you can come home to a box stuffed with maybe 10-15 Chinese takeout menus.)

Last edited by saef; 02-18-2011 at 06:34 AM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Beer and boobs
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestone View Post
I agree with you. The process was very rewarding - every week there was a little gift for all my hard work. Now I have to find other goals to work towards. Not bad, just different.

I was going to say I miss my boobs, but honestly, I had small ones before I gained weight (B). Having large ones was just a reminder of how heavy I was. I hated them! Now, I'm a proud A! Other than looking like a teenage boy with large biceps and a flat chest, I'm good!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:07 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Nope, not a darn thing.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:24 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 172/135/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
I miss the ease of fast food. Work late, stressed, tired and hungry? Taco Bell was cheap, fast and tasty.

I eat taco bell all the time!! The fresco menu isn't bad on calories at all. I usually eat 2-3 fresco hard tacos at 150 each.....or maybe 2 fresco soft tacos at 180 each. They are very good!

I would have to say I miss my boobs too. I always had small ones (barely B cup) except for while pregnant and nursing. Then I was a lovely C cup But with my last baby (now 2 1/2 yrs old) they seemed to stay at a C even after nursing was over.....But then I lost 37 pounds and now they are back to a lil B I've learned that the right bra can really make them look better though!

And my butt....I now have flat butt syndrome. My husband complains sometimes that my butt is too bony now if I plop down on his lap LOL Any way to build up butt muscle??
Mama2Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:06 PM   #29  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

The only thing I miss is sitting down in front of the T.V w/ a pint of Chocolate Peanut Butter Hagen Daz ice cream & eating the whole thing without guilt, just enjoyment. Wow, I haven't had that stuff in 2.5yrs!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #30  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I miss nothing. Not one thing.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote