Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Just got back from a wonderful ramble with a great dog.

Luther is an 11 year old lab who is in great shape. We just strolled for almost 2 hours on the lake front. A gusting wind and chilly temps kept a lot of people away so we had the whole area of the point to ourselves.

Luthie and I (when it's just us two on the weekend) are totally on the same wavelength. No need to talk, command, go after, etc.

We walk.

Today we enjoyed a wintry landscape (small glaciers calving off large ice mountains, bunnies feeding on frozen grass, ducks bobbing beyond sheets of ice, etc.) together.

This was what walking my own dog was like. I miss that, so being able to share this with Luther is pretty special.

I think he enjoys it as much as I do. His owner is quite elderly and she talks a mile a minute non-stop - to me, to him, to delivery guys, etc.

I rarely say anything to Luther - no need. He looks at me, I look at him, and we go. These walks with him are not work - they are a joy.

Before we get too dignified or maudlin here Luther did throw himself on his back and roll around in the snow like a pup a couple of times. He's got a goofy grin!

And I was quite conscious of the fact that I had forgotten my fleece pants under my wind pants and was freezing my *ss off!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote