How Many Calories do Maintainers Eat?

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • I stop counting calories a long time ago.. it's too much work for me. I lift and do cardio; plus cross fit; everyday. I eat what I want; meaning things I like. I'm not a meat eater and I don't eat bread and my junk food consist of butter rice cake with grape jelly or cereal. I do 1 hr of cross fit with 40 mins of lifting and 1 hr of jogging mix with walking and before bed 1 hr on the tread mill.

If you are working out and eating healthy and not over eating. There should not be a problem. I can say some days I know i'm under 1000 calories because I burned off what I ate so I will boost it with protein so; my body wont starve.
  • At 5'5" and 120 lbs, I can eat between 1300-1500 and more maybe once or twice a week (up to 1800) and I will stay within a pound or two in either direction. This is with working out 3-7 times per week depending on my work demands. I would like to be around 115 lbs, but I would need to eat between 1000-1200 to make that happen or less and I am not willing to be hungry ever
  • I'm 5'5" and think that my maintenance calories are around 1200. I walk 6 times a week for 30 mins and have 2 x 20 min strength-training and 2 x 20 min pilates-yoga sessions each week. I would like to eat more, but my exercise efforts pale to insignificance compared to many posters here.
  • I get it! When it comes to maintaining weight, the number of calories can vary depending on factors like age, gender, activity level, and metabolism. Generally, a range of 1,800 to 2,400 calories per day is common for weight maintenance. As for exercise, aiming for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity activity per week is recommended.