No Excuses! Maintainers food and exercise accountability for January

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • Weekend update for me as well:

Friday recap, for lunch I had clam chowder in a sourdough bowl. The soup was low fat, but that's a lot of bread (but oh, so yummy). I had two small glasses of wine with dinner.

Saturday
    B~mini bagel w/cranberry orange cream cheese
    L~quesadilla & small fries, beer
    D~homemade ham & bean soup (made a HUGE pot for lunches next week), three (oops) whiskey sours with sf sour mix

Sunday
    B~egg white "mcmuffin"
    L~salad of romaine with peppers, oranges and pork tenderloin with a vinaigrette based on olive oil and lime and orange juices with some dijon mustard
    D~steak, broccoli, wild rice combo, 2 martinis

My weight did not fluctuate from Friday morning to Monday morning, so the alcohol prevented me from losing, but thankfully I didn't gain. Next weekend I'll be more mindful and will not succumb to the third cocktail and I'll attempt to keep it at one.

Forgot to add today's plan:
    B~grapefruit
    S~celery
    L~bean soup (comes in at about 300 cals per serving), yogurt, pear
    D~asparagus soup and chicken--this was REALLY REALLY good! PUree of asparagus soup (and I normally don't like asparagus all that much) with chicken breasts topped with a lemon dill sauce. No fat at all (except what was in the chicken). I think I'll post these recipes in the recipe thread.
  • OK, weekend was more sick. Today I finally feel more well than sick! So I'm looking forward to being back OP.

B - Bagel thin pizza (bagel thin, sauce, small amt part skim mozzarella, a few slices turkey)
    S - Greek yogurt and berries
    L - Mixed bean and ham soup with carrots, celery, etc
    S - Popcorn
    D - Not sure since we didn't make it to the store. We'll plan the weeks meals and go tonight, then do something fast cooking.
    S - NSA Ice Cream

E - HOORAY I get to exercise again, I was going stircrazy. 80 min incline trainer.
  • Tuesday:
    B - oatmeal, raisins, ls jam, skim milk
    L - leftover veg soup and bread
    S - banana, clementine
    D - rice w/stir fry of tofu, garlic, pul qua, frozen veggies, ginger, soy sauce
    S - spoon of PB
    E - none
  • Tuesday~
    B~grapefruit
    S~celery
    L~ham & bean soup, yogurt, pear
    S~pedicure :-)
    D~garlic chicken with red pepper soup
  • Hi guys! Feeling so happy not to be sick anymore! OP yesterday - had turkey tenderloins, broccoli, and WW couscous with a few golden raisins for dinner.

B - Greek yogurt w/ chopped banana
    S - Apple w/ Better n PB
    L - Leftover turkey/couscous/broccoli
    S - Protein shake...been hard to do this since I'm so cold, but I notice a difference on my lifting recovery if I don't, so I'll huddle by the space heater while I drink.
    D - We have groceries...probably pork tenderloin cooked in tomatoey sauce, with polenta and some veggie
    S - NSA Ice Cream

E - 60 min incline trainer, 20 min Just Dance on Wii, 60 min strength
  • Amanda, I'm glad you're feeling better!

Wednesday:
    L - leftover pasta and chicken veg stuff
    S - bun, banana
    D - rice, middle eastern chicken, braised chard (both from the recipes sticky!)
    S - spoon of PB
    E - legs/core strength
  • Wow, down another 2 pounds! Still a long way to go, though.

B~grapefruit
    S~celery
    L~ham & bean soup, pear, yogurt
    D~bunless turkey burger, salad

I forgot to add Monday and Tuesday, I broke down and had a cocktail each night. But only one. ONE! I'm actually proud that I kept it at one.
  • Good job Allison! Did you manage to stay away from the cocktails last night?

Thursday:
    B - oatmeal, raisins, cinnamon sugar, skim milk
    L - leftover tofu veg stir fry on rice
    S - two clementines, bite of cheese
    D - pasta with meat sauce (ground turkey, onion, garlic, mushrooms, green beans), parmesan, roasted cauliflower
    S - toast w/butter
    E - rest day
  • Thanks Jessica, but I did have a very (VERY) small martini last night. I was fixing it when I realized I only had about 2 tablespoons of vodka! LOL

B~leftover noodles, perhaps 1/2 c
    S~celery
    L~ham & bean soup, apple, yogurt
    D~chicken and leftover soup

So I wonder if I'm getting old.....Lately I've been trying more and more to get a full 7 to 8 hours of sleep and I've been successful at that. But I find that after a day of work (and my days are not that busy) I come home and once I sit down I feel the need to drift off to sleep (usually at a ridiculously early hour of 6 or 7 PM). And if I sit down to read at any time of the day I fall asleep.
  • I totally blew it yesterday. No change in weight, so that much is good although I was hoping to see a loss again. Perhaps tomorrow.

B~egg white scramble in a tortilla
    L~clam chowder
    D~chicken with an arugula salad
  • Allison, maybe this is stating the obvious, but last week when you lost a whole lot, you didn't have any drinks M-Th. Maybe the reason you aren't losing now is that you were drinking this week?

Friday:
    L - leftover rice, middle eastern chicken, braised chard
    S - two clementines
    D - leftover veg soup w/bread & parm, sweet potato w/butter and cinnamon sugar
    E - UBWO
  • Quote: Allison, maybe this is stating the obvious, but last week when you lost a whole lot, you didn't have any drinks M-Th. Maybe the reason you aren't losing now is that you were drinking this week?
    You hit that right on the nose!
  • Weekend catch-up.

Saturday:
    B - 1 egg + 2 whites omelet-style w/green peppers and tiny bit of cheese, slice of toast w/butter, glass of juice (I like how this is my "indulgent" breakfast)
    S - clementine
    L - pasta w/sauce, leftover roasted veggies and taters
    S - toast w/butter (I am eating too much toast lately)
    D - DH cooked me a lovely one! - 3oz filet mignon, lentil soup, kale salad, roasted potatoes, 2 glasses red wine
    S - lavendar sorbet, slice of cinnamon raisin bread, 2 andes mints
    E - none

Sunday:
    S - (post-workout) - banana
    L - leftover chard, hot dog and baked beans
    S - toast w/butter
    D - cooking light chicken fingers, bbq sauce, acorn squash with applesauce filling, broccoli, beer
    S - two andes mints
    E - swam for nearly an hur (57 mins)

Monday:
    L - leftover acorn squash, chicken fingers, broccoli
    S - yogurt raisin nut trail mix. The whole bag (450cals). Not enough protein or calories in my lunch and I was crashing and went for the option in the vending machine with the most protein (9g in the whole bag).
    S - banana, clementine, bite of cheese
    D - pasta w/pesto, beans, various veggies
    S - raisin bran w/skim milk
    E - UBWO that was apparently intense enough for a massive protein craving afterwards, I thought I was going to pass out.
  • Oh, I need to catch up, too.

Saturday
    B~egg white mcmuffin
    S~toast with cheese (way too much carbs and fat, ugh)
    D~pot roast with horrible steamed spinach (didn't eat much) and mashed potatoes, wine

Sunday~egg white mcmuffin
    L~quesadilla and fries
    D~meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad, wine

Monday~
    B~toast
    L~ham & bean soup, pear, yogurt
    S~string cheese
    D~"fried" chicken tenders (CL) and salad
  • Tuesday's plan:

B~grapefruit
    S~celery
    L~leftover meatloaf with green beans, pear, yogurt