Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 08-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #1  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Default Babies after weight loss...

... We really want another child, but really can't afford it right now so we're waiting. But I can't stop being terrified of being pregnant again, especially since I gained 50 lbs with my first. Although I will say I wasn't trying hard to watch my weight, partially because I was so nauseous all the time and eating frequently was the only thing that helped. I also lost the 50 lbs easily so I really shouldn't worry too much, but I am. It will be COMPLETLY different next time, I know so much more and plan to continue exercising, maybe even running. But did anyone go through pregnant after weight loss? Any tips?
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 191/187.6/140

Height: 5'3"

I did but you probably don't want to hear what happened. I lost about 40 pounds or so, and was down to my lowest weight that I can remember...145. Got pregnant and it all came back...fast. Don't let that discourage you though. Kids are worth it and it doesn't have to happen that way.
BecomingMaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

My experience is different because I've never lost a major amount of weight, but I can tell you that I went from 130 to 165 with my first, got back down to 132 and got pregnant immediately, got up to 160 with the second, got back down to low 130's and bounced around a bit in the 130s. Was 137 when I got pregnant with #3, went up to 167, and was down to 132 when he was 7 months old. Now he's 19 months and I'm the thinnest I've ever been!

I think the key is being healthful during your pregnancy. I'm sure with all that you know now, you can keep your pregnancy weight gain a little lower. I'm not one who advocates a 15-lb gain, though I hear a lot of women try for that. I always aimed for 30 lbs. I swam laps (with a kickboard, I'm a lousy swimmer) while I was pregnant with #1, right up until the day before I went into labor, and the weight fell off right away -- I think it helped that I was fit going in. Swimming was great because it made me weightless (so nice at 39 weeks) and it was cool (I was pregnant in August in SoCal).

Maybe track down GuamVixen here on 3FC -- she's pregnant right now I think!

thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

I don't have any kids, but I know there are a lot of folks around here who have had them after losing weight (wndranne comes to mind, and Lisa the runner whose username I forgot, and joyofsix Lisa). I think some of them may have migrated over to the pregnancy/breastfeeding forums. You might want to try asking your question over there. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/pregnant-nursing-173/
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote