Old 07-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #1  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Unhappy It is only food!

Someone please remind me that food will NOT:

a. make me less tired
b. make me less stressed
c. make me happier (well, only temporarily)
d. do all the things I need to do that I'm procrastinating!

How is it that I've been at this since Dec 1 and all the while during my weight loss phase, I had very few lapses in judgement but now that I'm maintaining (~ 6 weeks), I am struggling nearly every stinkin' day? The old habits are wrapping around me like a comfortable blanket. I haven't given in completely, but I know my balance of foods is not exactly pristine.

And to boot, I'm HUNGRY. 1800 calories already gone and 9pm at night. Definitely NOT the time to eat...

I don't know why I'm posting this other than to blow off some steam & to hope that my own ramblings will start to make some sense. Maybe by writing it down I can realize just how ridiculous the entire thing is - it is only FOOD. Not a panacea for all that ails me.

Last edited by cherylmn; 07-21-2010 at 10:11 PM.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 10:51 PM   #2  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

You already know that things that food WILL NOT do for you. You just listed them.
How about the things that food WILL do for you: make you fat, ashamed of your appearance, make you miss out fun activities, hurt your pride, diminish your sex life, hurt your marriage or relationship, and make you feel that life is passing you by because you are too fat to enjoy it.
I'm not, of course, talking about the good nutritious foods that provide fuel for our bodies. Everyone reading this knows about the good, the bad, and the ugly of FOOD. We just need to remember ALL those things when we are tempted by the seduction of food.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #3  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cglasscock1 View Post
You already know that things that food WILL NOT do for you. You just listed them.
How about the things that food WILL do for you: make you fat, ashamed of your appearance, make you miss out fun activities, hurt your pride, diminish your sex life, hurt your marriage or relationship, and make you feel that life is passing you by because you are too fat to enjoy it.
I'm not, of course, talking about the good nutritious foods that provide fuel for our bodies. Everyone reading this knows about the good, the bad, and the ugly of FOOD. We just need to remember ALL those things when we are tempted by the seduction of food.
Great post!
Mercy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:47 AM   #4  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

Carol, thanks for the great post. I'm putting it on today's bookmarks!
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:29 AM   #5  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Yep, and food will NOT:

. . .
e) Write that brief report due tomorrow
f) Retract that I yelled at the kids because I was in a bad mood
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Cheryl You did what I keep telling myself to do. You got on the computer, to 3FC, and vented, instead of heading for the fridge and the food.

I will put your post on my fridge to remind myself what I need to do every time I am seduced by the idea that food will fix something other than physical hunger.

Thanks!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote