Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 07-18-2010, 03:38 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Bill - I had a Web design business around five years ago and still design Web sites as a side thing, but I worked as a project manager for a maintenance/repair business for the last three years before starting my own company just like it. I have a large number of contacts and a previous blueprint to follow, which has been very helpful. There is always work in this industry, whereas Web design is so limited yet so competitive.

Sheila - wow, I didn't know DQ had a mini Blizzard, either, but that's awesome.

As far as Texas goes, I am sure I will eventually love it here. I initially detested Florida, but ended up calling it home and was sad to leave. I just need to make some friends.

I have my fingers crossed for your car troubles.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #92  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Shane and Sheila, DQ added the mini to their lineup this year. In the days when Carl Jr is adding a 2 FOOT BURGER to its lineup, I was proud of DQ. It is a bit smaller than the small. Maybe ½ to 2/3. I was so happy since I love Cherry Choco Lover blizzard but I will not spend 700+ cals on a blizzard. I did resort to throwing half away occasionally but that’s just hard to do. Yesterday’s blizzard was made by a newbie and was about ¾ full. I sure didn't complain. It was a great treat.

Bill, I could not live without ice cream. OK, I suppose I could but not happily. It is the mainstay of my life. I’ve been an ice-cream-aholic since I was born. Thing is, didn’t matter how fat I was, I never overate ice cream. I had heard constantly about the “I’d eat half the carton” and I never understood that. I’d guess the biggest ice cream serving I’ve ever had was 1 cup. I love the stuff but I can’t eat loads of if. Strange since I can overeat pretty much any other food and nothing comes close to my love for ice cream. There’s a part of me, a big part, that wouldn’t give up ice cream to be slender. I’m very lucky that Dreyers and Breyers make ice milk that I love.

Shane, I envy having the gulf so close to you. I love the gulf waters and pray that BP hasn’t destroyed them beyond belief. Do you surf, surf or body surf? I love body surfing but am quite sure a surf board would fly out from beneath me and slice my head off. But salt water waves – it is so great. When we moved to Oregon I was thrilled the Pacific was a few hours away. Alas, it’s so blasted cold I’ve not been in it in the 10 years we’ve lived here. I keep flying to Atlantic and Gulf destinations for my fix.

Bill, don’t grow so many cukes and you won’t have to eat them all.

Sheila, hopefully you’ll get your car back quickly. Eeks on paying for four facials. Manicures are a much better choice.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Marie - I "surf" surf more than anything -- long board -- but I will body surf when the waves aren't "surf" surf material

The waters are worse in Louisiana than they are here in Texas due to the BP oil spill. It smells like oil and looks like chocolate milk here, but it also depends on the day.

It's too cold to get in the water in OR even in the summer? That's sad. Are you closer to Washington... or California? My sister was stationed in Monterey and told me the weather was pretty much the same all year long... never hot, never too cold.

I miss the Atlantic Ocean. I lived an hour away from it and my parents ended up moving to St. Augustine -- walking distance from the beach. I would have moved there, too, if the economy was better.

I have been one of those "eat half the container" people before with the ice cream... BUT the idea of a two foot burger makes me want to vomit!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We went for our weekly kitty fix and here's our new kitty (it'll be another week or so before we can bring him/her home).Ringo

Ok. That was weird. It didn't choose the right photo. This one is cute, though. Those of you who are FB friends, look at the previous photo in the album--that one is cuter.

Last edited by alinnell; 07-18-2010 at 08:34 PM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #95  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

A quick check in here....

Cute kitty Allison...I'll check out the FB later...

Angie is off to see Train tonight with her sisters....

Great to see you back here Shane...

I am waiting for my Mexican lasagna to finish....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome back, Shane ! I wondered what had happened to you. I have only been to Dallas, too darn hot and too flat. I live in the valley but I can see the mountains all around me. I miss that when I am away.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:31 PM   #97  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Allison, bummer, I couldn't see the pics. I take you're naming him Ringo???

Shane, I live 5 miles north of the Calif border. We're in the mountains/desert. We get hot during the day and cold at night. The coast has about the same temps year round and unless I buy a wetsuit, I will never swim off the Pacific coast. Brrr!!! Someday when you're surfing with a friend that has a waterproof camera, please have them take a pic. I'd love to see you surfing. It is a beautiful, amazing sport. And I can't visualize the Gulf looking like chocolate milk. It's always been so beautiful. The damage and disregard is heartbreaking.

Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:08 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Ringo.jpg

see if this photo posts.

Well, its small, but there it is.

Last edited by alinnell; 07-19-2010 at 12:08 AM.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote