Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Aaaah! I'm so used to buying and using Schwan's chicken breasts. They're frozen, individually packed and just the right size. Well, I ran out and Schwan's doesn't come until Monday, so I picked up some Foster Farms breasts at Costco. They're frozen 2 to a pack. So I fix two packs (4 breasts). Little did I know they INCLUDE the "tenders". These things are huge! I've bought them before, but usually boil them with onions and shred them for enchiladas rather than just eat them. Well, 4 HUGE breasts was twice what the three of us needed for dinner (I ended up just eating a tender part and it was just right!). I cut up the rest for DH and me to take on our salads for lunch the rest of the week (although I seriously doubt we'll use it all). So much for that.

In other news, I took my Jag in for it's one year service today (even though it's only 8 or 9 months old--the computer said "service required"). The service guy said it was odd that it was so low in mileage, but with my VERY short errands, I understand. So, lube, oil, filter, work on my breaks (which have a squeak on occasion), and the price? ZERO. NADA. NOTHING. Gotta love that!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:41 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Red face I'm rather thick at times

No more beer for me - period. Sigh

When will it end I cry in anguish? No beer, no chips, no chocolate, no ice cream - aiigghhh!!!! LIFE IS OVER!!!

What will I do for treats now? Waaahhh!

Having 3 beers on Saturday night sets up a complicated chain reaction that invariably results in my binge eating to try to bring my energy up about 3 evenings later.

Why did I have to do it 100 times before realizing that I have to quit?

Great hump day all!

Dagmar but
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #33  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Dagmar, sounds like the puppy will have a lot of fun. I am going to cry because I feel so bad for the old dogs (both the one you are sitting and Allison's Buddy). I want to give them all huge hugs and lots of snuggles.

I did send an email to request that my desk be lowered another inch this morning, so we'll see what they do about it.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #34  
Workin' It

Speaking of old dogs, went to my parents this weekend and saw their miniature daschund. She is 17 years old and is in tough shape. She has bee having a hard time since they had to put down the Rottweiller back in March - she is blind and deaf and the Rotty used to help her out, lead her outside to potty, steer her towards her food bowl, would stick close to her when she was up walking around. Now that she is alone she seems to sleep more, and bumps things when she walks a lot. She was so thin when I saw her - all of her ribs and her hip bones are sticking out, most of her hair is gone. But, when my dad pulled a ham out of the oven here she came trotting in out of the bedroom to the same place in the kitchen where they have been giving her bites of ham for 17 years. I almost cried.

Jessica - hope they get your desk fixed.

Marie - you will love the new iPhone, it looks fantastic!

Dagmar - sometimes we have to do things over and over before the lessons sink in. And your dog sit plans sound fabulous!

Allison - cool on the no charge service!

So my windshield got broken on the way in to work this morning - semi tossed up a rock and hit my windshield. I think if it had hit an inch to the right it would have bounced off. On my car that I have had less than a week. I thought I had built up some good karma, but obviously not...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #35  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Shannon, bummer about the windshield! At least it's something that's easily replaced - and now no more worries about something bad happening to your new car.

I think my car is about 97 in Jaguar years, with all the starts and stops I make.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 PM   #36  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Dagmar - yeah I need to stop the late nights. I stayed up until 2 am on Saturday after a day that I was already exhausted. Still woke up at 4:30 as usual. Took until yesterday evening to catch up on sleep. But in the meantime yesterday I was so freaking zombie which automatically puts me in ravenous mode and I was driving some meals out to a new mom who lives out in nowhere ville and I passed a Dairy Queen.

Holy crap, a DQ waaaay out here? I havent had DQ since the one in my small town closed. Tired zombie ravenous fog + suggestion of greasy goodness and obsession with DQ begins. There is no way to alter my route so I wont drive by it on the way home. No will power.

And on the way back I stopped. I did get a burger and onion rings instead of a blizzard. Yes this is actually a slight improvement because at least I was full and didnt feel compelled to eat much dinner later. 800 calories of grease does me better than 800 calories of sugar. Although the stupid thing is DQ has good blizzards but only mediocre fast food.

But while the rest of the family was eating dinner I took a long nap and finally for the first time since Thursday felt caught up.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM   #37  

Shannon I've only had one new car and everyone kept telling me how bad I would feel about the first dent, nick, etc. that the car would get. I'd say the one for your new car was a doozy! Is it covered by warranty?

ennay That's my DH's problem - late nights. He gets hypnotized by the TV and stays up waaay too late and then is a zombie the next morning.

Jessica Is your desk shorter now?

I had a whole bunch of creaky dogs today - wet, rainy, incredibly humid suddenly and all my seniors had arthritic flare ups. They were still game to come out but most of them were hobbling around. I need to find some good pain meds for dogs - that don't blow out their livers - and ask all my clients to administer early in the morning on rainy days. Everyone will feel so much better.

I was freezing this morning after getting blown around in pouring rain so stopped in at home and put on a turtleneck and tshirt under my jacket at lunch. Then it turned into the Amazon rainforest about 30 minutes later - hot, humid, then sunny. Wound up very stylishly attired in rainpants, tshirt and sunglasses for the last two walks.

I have to pack for the dog sit tonite. My cats will not be happy campers. I pull out my bag and Mudpie jumps into it as soon as I open it. She literally hisses at me as I try to put stuff in it. Maybe I'll pack behind closed bedroom doors. She pounds on the glass with her paws (I thought cats were supposed to be silent) but I can deal with that.

It's almost Friday! Have a great evening all!

Dagmar
Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #38  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

allinell - I love the costco chicken! But yes, they are huge. I dont mind that as I usually try to cook lots of extra chicken for lunches. I've been known to marinate and grill an entire bag of costco chicken, slice and freeze.

I am in a freezer coop that uses the costco chicken and while it does vary A LOT, on average the girl who does the ingredient sorting says there are 17 breasts to a bag which means an average of 9.4 ounces per breast.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #39  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ennay, I'm a costco chicken fan as well. DH and I split one.

Dagmar, if you find a non-liver irritating arthritis med for doggies, please let me know. Blizzard and I would be forever in debt.

Speaking of Blizzards, ennay, the mini blizzard is great and relatively acceptable in cals. It's enough to satisfy and not go overboard.

Shannon, oh I'm so sorry about the windshield. DH and I once replaced our Durango's windshield since it got whacked by a dump truck's rock haul. Two days later, it was icy out and a rock got iced in the wiper. Scratch, scratch. But a new car - that's stinky.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

I got a new car last summer and drove it back to Arizona for the academic year... one night I stayed in a hotel and in the morning there was a large scratch in my rear passenger door - the car was less than 2 months old and I almost cried!

I've been keeping a food diary to focus on WHAT I'm eating because my BF thinks I have some kind of food sensitivity - and he's likely right but I don't see any patterns emerging yet. Other than the pattern of poor food choices - no wonder I'm putting pounds back on! My "now and again" treats are becoming a bit too frequent and I didn't even notice.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #41  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Oh yeah Marie, the calories in the blizzard would have been less, but the sugar rebound would have ended up worse. And I was craving the onion rings.

OMG. I knew I was tired beyond tired yesterday but seriously! This morning I couldnt find my keys, no biggie, I have been PRETTY good lately about putting them on the key hook but I knew I had to pee really bad and get dinner for the kids so.... I took the spares.

The kids were at a sitter today and I had all kinds of things planned but I needed my actual keys because the mailbox key is on that ring. So I spent 2 hours this morning retracing my steps. Got out of car, threw away trash, went in, started TV, went upstairs, pee, checked computer, went down, started dinner, went up to nap. Nope. And again this afternoon nope.

Finally I did what I had been dreading and avoiding. The first thing I did when I got out of the car yesterday was throw the DQ bag in the big outside trashcan, and yes, there in the bottom of the trashcan were my keys. SERIOUSLY?

At least last night wasnt Sunday or they would be gone forever.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 PM   #42  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

ennay, at least you found your keys as icky of a place as they ended up. I've had to dig threw my trash to find something that shouldn't have been tossed. And I like that you looked at the bright side and that the keys weren't gone for good. Sometimes the lucky breaks are the only part that matters.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

LOL...yesterday I couldn't find the little bathroom trash can....I was going crazy looking for it...

Angie says..."Did you throw it into the big can when you took trash to the curb tonight?"

Women are so smart!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:34 AM   #44  

Ah EZ what a lovely read on waking up "women are so smart"!
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4rabbit View Post
Ah EZ what a lovely read on waking up "women are so smart"!
Yeah . Thank you EZ!