Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-24-2010, 10:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Default After maintaining, did you...

gain a few pounds back? I heard this happens sometimes, Im trying to maintain at 135 and 5'8, but I only weigh 135 in the early morning and after school before lunch, otherwise I weigh 137

Also, did you continue to lose inches? I want my thighs to slimd down a little bit more, but I'm so thin in other places, I cant afford to lose any more weight!

And any other things you would like to share with me about maintaing would be grealty appreciated, thank you
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #2  
Working My Way Back Down

I think it's unrealistic to expect to see the exact amount you'd like to weigh all the tme. Most maintainers seem to have a range of about 5 lbs that they try to stay within. Think about it. If you weigh 135, then eat and drink something, and immediately get back on the scale, you won't weigh 135, you'll weigh 135 plus what's still in your stomach.... You'll be much less stressed if you have a little wiggle room, say 135 to 138, or even 140. If you start seeing the top number regularly, it's time to take action.

As for losing inches, are you working out? Doing some sort of weight-lifting? That will help you lose inches.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I always weigh more in the evenings than I do in the morning. Always.

So, I weigh in the morning and never get on the scales in the evening.

I'm a pear shape, so my face and collarbones and upper body are very slender, my hips, butt and thighs are not. I'm okay with it - this is my shape. It's a very lush and womanly shape.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #4  

I do try avoiding weighing in later on in the day,
I'm pear shaped too, but it just bothers me when my upper body is justterrible looking it's so thin, but every where else is still big >.<

I do work out, I go to the gym usualy 5 times a week, sometimes 6, and I do weights for 30 minutes and aerobic for 45, usually. I focus a lot on leg muscles when doing weights, but I think I'm oing to stop that, and start focusing more on cardio
Old 05-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

What they said. You will always weigh the lease in the morning, after going to the bathroom, and with no clothes on. Later in the day your body is still processing whatever food you've eaten so you will weigh more, and also if you are weighing with clothes on you will weigh more. It's not fat, it's just normal fluctuation.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #6  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Just wanted to add that a 2-pound variation is well within the normal range of variation in a day. I hope you won't get into "micromanaging" your weight, because there's no end to it. Weigh once a day at most, at the same time, and be done with it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:50 PM   #7  
Workin' It

I vary 5-8 pounds at any given point. And, my shape changed considerably in the year after reaching goal. Strength training totally made the difference.

And yes, don't weigh several times per day. It will make you crazy. Speaking from experience.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #8  

I stopped weighing myself mre than once a day for the longest time, but then I just weighed myself again a couple hourse after I ate, I don;t know why though...

But yeah, I'm going to stop that, I weigh myself when I get home from school because that'll be 7 hours after breakfast with only having a light snack in that time (stupid school really screws up my eating habits!) and on the weekends before breakfast
Though I forgot to weigh myself when I came home today :P