Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-17-2010, 04:44 AM   #1  
Meg

Default Maintainers Chat: Week of May 17 - 22

Last edited by Meg; 12-13-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Talking Good morning!

I just bought Flaming Lips tickets - good seats too!

I maintained my weight from last week with some little ups and downs . Now that the summer-like weather has returned I'm going to do some serious dieting to finally shed the last 6 lbs. I've been a member of 3FC for over 3 years and it's time I got to goal. This is getting .

Lots of BBQed meats and big salads. Not much in the way of carbs. That will be the plan for the rest of May and all of June. After May no TV in the evening. Lots and lots of other stuff to do instead!

Have a great Monday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

weekend was all work,work,work-- but today's about rest... the rest of the week I have some work training thing which is going to get quite physical (management of violence and agression), so I am hoping to add to my excersise through that. I am looking for a valid reason to walk into town today --kinda sucks that all my friends are at work, and at the moment I cannot spare money for mindless shopping.
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #4  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Did we have a week-end? I think I must have missed it.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #5  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Good morning everyone! Meg, did you avoid those blueberry pancakes?

Dagmar - isn't it so much easier to eat healthy in the summer?

Grrrk and Ward!

I had a pretty good weekend, although as usual too short. Saturday morning Carter and I went to cheer on DH in a 5k race (DH came in at 23:59, beating his previous PR by nearly 30 seconds!), then I took my parents to the airport. They ended up getting stuck in Chicago overnight because their flight from Chicago to LA was cancelled, but made it back to LA Sunday. We went to the big local art fair we always go to and bought a couple of prints. Luckily our favorite artists were not there or we would have spent way too much money! Then Saturday night we went to the symphony.

Sunday was chores day, but I did get in a swim workout. The scale damage from a week with my parents is only about half a pound. What a relief! That may even be water weight.

Marie, your stained glass looks beautiful! If you are ever in Indiana, you can go to the Kokomo opalescent glass factory and buy glass pieces directly from their shop. They have a big room full of pieces of glass of all colors, and you just pick out whatever you want.

I need to revamp my workout plans starting TODAY. Yesterday I went to the library and checked out a book that has a good intermediate sprint triathlon training plan in it, which just happens to be 9 weeks, which is exactly how long I have until my first tri of the season. The only problem is that the training schedule in there is pretty different from what I have been doing, so I need to figure out how to adjust myself or adjust the plan (or both).

Last edited by paperclippy; 05-17-2010 at 09:23 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

I should find out today what (if any) my insurance will pay for PT, but in the mean time this medicine my doctor gave me is WONDERFUL! It's a topical NSAID called Pennsaid that is specifically for knees. I rub in about 8 drops 3-4 times a day and it really has helped with the pain (guessing that I should have gone to see him when the pain was really bad!). It felt so good this morning that I almost did my workout, but my doctor said not to do anything until after meeting with the PT first. I hope I'll get in this week at least.

Today will be busy. I'm dealing with two computers at work that are not working properly (one has a virus and I can't get the anitvirus software to work). Tonight we have to move furniture because we're getting our carpets cleaned tomorrow. Wednesday I have a dental appointment. After that things will be back to normal.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Dagmar, I use copper foil method. I really dislike lead cane but there is lead and zinc cane in the bevel borders. Mostly I make DH do that because I tend to melt the lead.

Kim, I hope you’re feeling better today.

Pat and sznn, with Pat’s description, I now know where Smith Rock is – we would have driven by it on our move to Oregon. It’s about 170 miles north of where I live off 97. And an outdoor quilt show, I’ll need to look into that. I’m getting to be quite a fan of Bend.

Allison, I will think of you and PT at my PT appointment in 2 hours. My dr told me ice, Aleve and PT. The PT starts today but the ice and Aleve have made a great improvement. BTW, he did say no to the other oral meds.

Meg, I was thinking of lunges while reading your post and thought how great it was that you could do them again. Then you said laps of track lunges!!! OMG, that sounds like pure, unadulterated torture. I’ve moved you into my mental nuts category.

Dagmar, sounds like you have a great plan for getting to your goal. Those last 5 are a pest. Include me in the last 5 need to go.

Ward, you missed the weekend because they are really 24 minutes long rather than the customary 24 hours. Mondays are the day that those other 48 hours drag by.

Jessica, WTG on minimal parent visit damage on the scale. That’s a great accomplishment. Just out of curiosity, is your normal triathlon training not working?

I’m back at work after my Disney conference. It’s hard to want to get into the swing of it but after cleaning my desk (neat piles now) I see I have no choice…
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Okay. I found out that the therapist my doctor recommended will cost in excess of $75 per visit (that would be close to $1000 for the month!). I called around and found another one who takes my insurance and I made an appointment for a week from Wednesday.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #9  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Marie, LOL, the problem is that I didn't have a "normal" triathlon training schedule! I have just been swimming, biking, and running with no structured program. I think the structure will help me improve and be more ready for the race.

Allison, I hope the PT works out for you!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #10  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Happy new week everyone! I've been dealing with the lovely combination of TOM and the flu for the last 2+ days. It's a little better today, so I'm hoping it's almost over. There are no big challenges this week and it should be a good OP week.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:43 PM   #11  
Working My Way Back Down

Marie - check it out here Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show/ I've been several times, and it's awesome. My friend works at a quilt store in Bend.

ALlison - glad you've got the PT thing figured out. I hope it helps. It did for me.

It's here today and NO wind !! Yippee! I've still got this nasty cold and it's moved into my chest. WIsh it would be gone.... Hoping to take my bike for a leisurely spin this afternoon and at least start conditioning my butt for longer rides.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I can't say good morning to everyone as it's way past that!
We had "staff development" day at school and I went to the Scholastic warehouse all day with a fellow librarian. Great fun! We ate lunch at Panera and I searched the menu online ahead of time to minimize damage.

I have hovered between 124-126 for weeks now and I'm bound and determined to get back to 123 so this week's goal will be to try to hover between 123-125. Now to do it! This morning I was exactly 125...

Hello to everyone!!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

hi ladies!

thank you for the thoughts... i am in a very weird place right now... i have been having some sort of allergic reaction (i think) all day today and most of yesterday so my hands, feet and even my knees have been swollen despite benadryl... go figure! i guess my body is just warning me to be good to it instead of downing tons of crap because i wanted to drown my sorrows in food post bf break up... i did over eat a lot this weekend but with this allergic reaction i am not sure how much i have gained becasue of it (up 5 lbs right now but you should see the swelling!!!)

after a great work out with my trainer, i am kicking back and enjoying survivor

hope your monday's all rocked!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:59 PM   #14  
Workin' It

Horrible horrible day today... So, my already bloated & PMS-y solution was Chinese food for dinner. It was fantastic, not beating myself up about it. Had a good birthday weekend, ate a lot of cake & chicken nuggets, TOM started today (and with it only being every three months I totally forget how terrible it is day one...), had to investigate a termination of a high level employee today so lots of interviews trying to get to the bottom of some out of the blue theft (lots of crying and betrayed feelings out in the field today - highly placed friend of the family who owns my company), old filling drilled out and new cavity around it drilled and filled this morning and is on 'root canal watch' (I'll know within a couple of days if I have to do it, once the deadening wears off I guess), hit my head on a monitor hard enough to see stars, 4.5 hours of sleep last night... Just icky day. I'll start my better eating and back on the exercise wagon tomorrow.

to all!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Shannon, sorry your day has been crappy. I definitely hope tomorrow starts off much better!

Kim, any idea what you are allergic to that's causing all the swelling? I had a reaction like that to a medication - I remember it being VERY unpleasant, so I hope it subsides soon.

Michele, you can get the weight back down! I'm in the same boat of hovering just above where I want to be, so I'll be right there with you.

Allison, I hope PT goes well for you!

I've been sick all day... actually went back to bed most of the afternoon and now my BF is watching a low budget horror film so I'm removing myself from the living room - just not my type of entertainment!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote