3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

The old "you look too skinny"

Old 04-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #46

S/C/G: 200/Ethan born 1-11-13/130

Thanks everyone for your wonderful, kind and supportive posts. I have read all of them and you really rescued me from my low spot!

I am pear-shaped, when I get my butt where I want it, my upper body is thin in comparison. But hey - this is what I have to work with!

And I'm about to give a big nyah nyah to those 2 haters by joining the Operation 5-10 club. Some of you know the whole story why I purposefully gained a little weight before the wedding (to make sure my dress fit!) and I haven't lost that weight. Everything still fits, but my jeans are a little snug. I hate tight jeans!

I'm off to Kansas City this weekend for a wedding (get to share a hotel room with my mom, I hope we get SOME sleep), so I'm not going to make any promises to be perfectly on plan this weekend (helloooo wedding cake) but I am going to start on track on Monday!

My very long weight loss story

"I saw an angel in the marble and I chiseled until I set it free."
Michelangelo
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #47
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

You look beautiful, not too skinny at all. Your wedding photo's showed such a lovely glow on your face, stunning!

AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #48

S/C/G: 200/Ethan born 1-11-13/130

Hee, I paid 100 bucks to have that healthy glow airbrushed on my face! Loved how it looked

My very long weight loss story

"I saw an angel in the marble and I chiseled until I set it free."
Michelangelo
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #49
slowly, but surely

S/C/G: 275.4/ticker/160

Height: 5 foot 3.5 inches

Hi -

I can't believe they said that. I think you look great, and are not too skinny. Maintaining for 5 years is a tremendous accomplisment and it is so inspiring.
MablesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #50

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

That's the way the internet is. People feel brave whilst hiding behind a computer screen, hundreds of miles away, but they wouldn't dare in person.

I've seen two or three pics of maintainers who HAVE lost too much weight, but I didn't say anything. I'd want someone to tell me, but I wasn't brave enough to do it for someone else. You look perfectly fine to me. I think skinny/too skinny is ribs on show, bony arms and legs, a huge gap between the thighs, a gaunt face, etc. You don't have any of that!

2006 Awaken - 2016 Reborn
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #51
No description available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenseventeen View Post
That's the way the internet is. People feel brave whilst hiding behind a computer screen, hundreds of miles away, but they wouldn't dare in person.

I've seen two or three pics of maintainers who HAVE lost too much weight, but I didn't say anything. I'd want someone to tell me, but I wasn't brave enough to do it for someone else. You look perfectly fine to me. I think skinny/too skinny is ribs on show, bony arms and legs, a huge gap between the thighs, a gaunt face, etc. You don't have any of that!
I think this thread is a perfect example why your choice to respect other peoples' feelings and not say anything is such a good choice. Pictures have their limits as far as allowing people to make their own opinions of how a person looks, for one thing. And for another, our bodies and our self-image are such personal topics, it is better to err on the side of protecting other people's feelings.

Deciding ideal weight, over weight, under weight, etc., is far better to be done between the individual and his or her doctor.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #52
Maintaining

S/C/G: 190/139/130

Height: 5'5.5"

Honey, you look fantastic. It is so obvious that you love yourself, and you did even at your higher weight or you wouldn't have made such an effort to make healthy changes.

Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #53

S/C/G: 170/120/125

Height: 5'4"

Love love love the black dress - looks perfect on you!

I think you look great, and as far as the personal jabs about "not loving yourself," those people don't even know you! The annonymity of the internet just makes it too easy to say those things and make assumptions about people.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #54
Choose your hard...

S/C/G: 250/194/130

Height: 5' 2"

I don't think you're too skinny either. You look amazing! The picture of you in your wedding dress is stunning. You really do look like a different person. I hope I look that good after losing the weight.

I wouldn't worry about those comments. They might just be jealous. If you're in a healthy weight range and love your body then don't worry about it. (I know, that's easier said then done.) It looks like you really enjoy life. I mean you look so happy at your new weight; in every picture you're just beaming.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #55
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

What horrible things to say! You look beautiful and I think someone is a little jealous!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #56
Exercise is an addiction!

S/C/G: 208.8/ticker when allowed/155

Height: 5'6"

Girl... those are the "haters" who don't have the will power or motivation to get started and feel better trying to make you feel bad.

I think you look .... I'm looking forward to the day that I can have my body back, heck, an even better body would not hurt my feelings... I'm planning on being one Momma!!!

Keep up the GREAT work and don't worry about what people say, all that matters is how you FEEL!
4/3/2010 Crescent City Classic 1:25:02 13:43/mile

PrettyPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #57
Midsize B%^$#*tch

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)156/(G)142-138

Height: 5'3"

These people can't really see you. They are wearing their ideology like a pair of glasses & this comes between them & everything they look at. In your pictures, you look lovely, and you emanate happiness & excitement & hopefulness. I think I told you on first seeing the pictures that you looked like a porcelain doll. By this, I meant to praise both your skin, your general air of health & your slightly other-worldly look. I think that women who are truly happy & who feel loved & love in return get this look sometimes.

I cannot believe anyone would believe you are unhappy when they see you.

And they know nothing of you & your goals for yourself & your hard work & your continuing efforts. They do not know the inspirational things you've written here & how kind you have been to other 3FC members. We here don't "know" you either but we've read a lot more of you than they have & we know how wrong they are.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:38 PM   #58

S/C/G: 281/271.5/171

Height: 5'3"

That's awful...you look amazing...I hope to only be so lucky in the future. One day at a time....
brittleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:49 AM   #59
146/143/120

I never post on here, but I had to say what an inspiration you are, and that you look absolutely beautiful!! I don't know why some people feel like they need to be so negative.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:55 PM   #60

Holy cow..holy moley!!! I saw those first two pictures then I saw the ones in the wedding dress..you look amazing!! (and this is coming from a guy)!! I read those comments and those people are absolutely nuts!!! There is no way you too nuts, and I think muscular girls look gross anyways, you have an "athletic" look almost like you really do take care of yourself. Do not pay attention to those comments, you look great
shenfan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.