Wedding photos

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I'm not a maintainer yet, but I lurk here often. Just wanted to tell you how beautiful you look. Congratulations!
  • Quote: LOL Glory - you look beautiful, but I'm laughing because my DJ was supposed to play "You're my best friend" by Queen to introduce us. Instead, he went to the wrong track, and the first lyrics we heard as wives were from "Somebody to Love".
    Ha, that song is just so hilariously ironic. It could have been ""I'm in Love with My Car" I suppose! Ha
  • Oh, and thanks for the comments of the hair! I got some highlights right before which were a little too...dramatic for me, but I think it turned out okay. The guy who styled my hair for the ceremony was a genius!

And - my upper back tattoo did not show in any picture, NOT ONE. Thank you hair!
  • You look absolutely stunning and so radiant. My best wishes to you and the lucky groom/husband.
    P.S. Your mom looked gorgeous, too, and I love her dress.
  • You really look so lovely. With the white lace, and your dark hair & eyes, you look like a porcelain doll.

As for the music, I guess we need to specify: No tragic love, please. No deaths, no regrets. Please. Let's think optimistic, forward-looking, happy, practical, setting-off-on-a-fabulous-new-life love songs.

(Which leaves me wondering if there are any like that ... )

No wonder the Carpenteners old warhorse "We've Only Just Begun" gets worn out for these occasions. It's a rarity.
  • Ha It's funny, because I had submitted a huge list of songs to our DJ (about 4 hours worth) that were ONLY happy, loving, optimistic songs. My Heart Will Go On was NOT on the list (and I wouldn't have dreamed of putting It Must Have Been Love) on the list. I'm sure the company doing the DVD wasn't related to the DJ in any way.

For happy love songs, I'd definitely recommend TJ McCloud. I had never heard of him before recently and I am now a huge fan (he had a song played on The Office recently). They played Always Will be Yours (sadly not on YouTube - but available on itunes) when we lit the unity candle and this one was on our wedding favor CD.

Ridiculously squishy lyrics to Always Will Be Yours

As if you didn’t know
    As if I could ever hide what Im feeling
    You’ve got me reeling, im just so in love with you

Like some sort of fairy tale
    or a coin in a wishing well
    This happy ever after- it feels like it’s comin’ true

From the first to the last
    Every moment we’ll ever have
    Ill be there- you be sure

‘Cause I have been, I am and I always will be yours
    Every dream- every hope that I had – you’re so much more

From the first word you said to me
    I knew I was meant to be in your arms
    heart and soul, baby i give my whole life to you

From the first to the last
    Every moment we’ll ever have
    Ill be there- you be sure

Every smile, every tear
    Babe, this heart just wont beat without you being here
    ‘Cause I have been I am and I always will be yours

Looking back through all of this time
    I’ve been waiting for your love to find me
  • Quote: Hey Robin, if your daughter wears a size 8, I will gladly box them up and mail them to you! Otherwise, they are from beachcombers.com

They are indian wedding shoes! They don't come with a right/left, so I had to break them in a little. They were reasonably priced and super comfortable! I looked and looked for flat, ivory shoes, but everything was either 1) super plain (reminding of dyeable prom shoes) or 2) super expensive.

I ordered them off amazon.com, here are the ones I got:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
    Glory, that's super sweet of you! Actually she wears a size 7, but thank you anyway. I also think they're a little to flat for her. I didn't realize that from the picture. She's looking at VERY high heels - which I think is insane.

They are lovely though...
  • Oh yes - they are basically slippers! Jason is only a couple of inches taller than me (I'm 5'7") and I didn't want to tower over him at the wedding. I went super flat on purpose! And he looked really tall, it worked great.

My best friend in the world is 4'11andahalf and she ALWAYS wears 3 inch heels, to practically everything! She was my bridesmaid, we put her on a step during the group shots, heh

As someone who just did the bride thing, remind your daughter that comfort counts! Or, to have a really really great pedi if she needs to slip off achey shoes
  • Quote: Oh yes - they are basically slippers! Jason is only a couple of inches taller than me (I'm 5'7") and I didn't want to tower over him at the wedding. I went super flat on purpose! And he looked really tall, it worked great.

My best friend in the world is 4'11andahalf and she ALWAYS wears 3 inch heels, to practically everything! She was my bridesmaid, we put her on a step during the group shots, heh

As someone who just did the bride thing, remind your daughter that comfort counts! Or, to have a really really great pedi if she needs to slip off achey shoes
    3 inches? Ha. She's looking at 4 - 4 1/2 inches. BUT, she is planning to change shoes after the ceremony, for the dancing.

As I will most likely do. I considered your shoes for ME, for a while, but I think they are just a little too flat. I actually find it more comfortable to be a little bit off the ground. We'll see. I just ordered another 3 pairs of shoes from Zappos. We are really keeping them and my UPS guy very busy.
  • After the ceremony, I switched my heels for ballet slippers. Best decision ever, and they were hidden by the dress. My sister just put them on my reception chair.
  • Glory- You look fantastic! Love the dress, hair, smiles, and Chinese lanterns!

Wishing you many years of happiness (despite the song lyrics),

Mel
  • Oh, great photos! I too liked the red lanterns ... and then of course there is the very pretty and slender you! You and your new husband seem like you make such a nice couple -- really lovely. Congratulations to you guys :-)
  • You make such a beautiful bride. I love your dress.
  • Awww you look beautiful and your pictures turned out great!! Congrats!!!
  • Great pics! You look so beautiful and happy! Congrats and blessings