Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-16-2010, 05:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Angry I'm venting! Again!

I'm going to take the advice several of you suggested to me and just leave DH to do whatever he's doing for his health.

After our discussion of limiting our caffeine, and after saying specifically that he would have one cup of coffee and 4 teas per day, DH then drank 3 cups of coffee and I don't know how many cups of tea yesterday. I stuck to the limits I set for myself, was even lower yesterday as I only had to work a half day.

He is not serious about any of this. I will have to let him go his own way. He is making me stressed and frustrated on top of all of the rest of my stuff going on.

I'm afraid he's going to have to go through a "catastrophic health event" before he acknowledges that he's treating his body like a garbage dump. Maybe after his heart attack, hernia rupture, or who knows what he'll change his behaviours.

I'm done! Have a great Tuesday all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #17  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Sheila, I did get a ride home with one of my coworkers, thanks for asking!

DH seems to be fine today. Still not sure what it was -- he felt nauseous and headachey which is why he left work, but once he was laying down at home the nausea went away. He did sleep all afternoon. I think it might have been some kind of mild migraine, and the headache caused the dizziness and nausea, because when I took his temperature he didn't have a fever or anything. He took some headache medicine and felt much better last night.

I'm working from home today in any case though (DH is working from home too). I'm such a bum, I didn't even shower or get dressed - I'm sitting on the couch in my comfy workout clothes and a bathrobe. Plus I get to snuggle my dog all day.

Pat, I can't believe it's warmer in Alaska than it is here! We're expecting another six inches of snow today...

Dagmar - Maybe your DH would be receptive to some techniques used with kids? Like, make a chart and check off each day that he stays on plan, then when he gets 10 days or something give him a reward?
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #18  

I've been wondering about Lily for quite awhile. Since she hasn't been on since Dec. 8th of last year she wouldn't see any pms so the only way to contact her is if someone here knew her personally. She always said she would have someone from her family post if anything happened to her. She has been sick for years with a liver disease. She was always such an inspiration because she lost nearly 100 lb taking prednisone.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #19  
Meg

Carol, I checked Lily's profile and she checked the option to receive email notifications of PMs. So if you send her a PM, she'll get an email message telling her that it's here.

We all hope she's doing well and would love to hear from her.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #20  
Workin' It

About to hit the road and head to Athens, employee troubles... About an 1:45 away from here. Guess I should have gotten up and exercised this morning, as the after work isn't going to happen now... Ick...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I did PM Lily but have heard nothing , so far,
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM   #22  
Meg

Bargoo, that was sweet of you to PM her. Hopefully she'll come back and let us know how she's doing.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Bargoo, that was sweet of you to PM her. Hopefully she'll come back and let us know how she's doing.
I PM'd her yesterday and have not heard anything but will let you know if I do.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

What a day!

Okay, so it's not been THAT bad, but here it is, 2:20 PM and I'm just now getting time to check things out! Ok, so I did take a couple of hours off to get my hair done!!!

Yesterday was so nice having the day off. I ended up cooking up double batches of a couple recipes so I won't have to cook as much after work. Hopefully that will inspire me to get on the treadmill after dinner.

Ugh. Employee problems. I was just saying to DH today that ever since we laid off half the staff last year we've suddenly not gone through copious amounts of office supplies. The guys we got rid of must have been the culprits. Ordering Sharpies and mechanical pencils by the dozens every month can get expensive! I checked stock the other day to place a Staples order and I still have 5 boxes of Sharpies that I ordered before going to Italy! Gotta love employees that keep ahold of their belongings!

I think of Lily often and also hope all is well with her and her family.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:57 PM   #25  

Meg, that's wonderful to know.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 05:48 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Default Today will be better.

I think that will be my new inspirational slogan from now on.

DH hit me with several bombshells last night. I reacted badly and resorted to food to deal with his announcement.

I have a real problem with "five year planning" but I'll have to learn. I'm going to be 53 next month and all of my retirement money (not that there was much to begin with) will probably be used up in the next two years.

It's hard to start over again at 55 and 50, the ages DH and I will be when his CMA thing is finally done. I had hope to cut back on work a bit (physically it's exhausting and injuring me now) but now who knows?

I hope DH can find a new job and stick with the studying for the next two years. I will have to pick up all the domestic slack again. I think I'm gonna start drinking coffee again - lots and lots of it .

Have a great hump day all!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #27  
No description available.

Dagmar, what's a CMA?
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #28  
Workin' It

Good morning. Back in my office this morning, have a class this afternoon. Hopefully I'll get out of there in time to work out a little before DSS pickup. Didn't get home until late last night after my road trip, so all I did when I got home was eat & watch figure skating before bed. Tired and sore today, have been sore all week even with less exercise. My weird neck pain is mostly gone, just a little pinch in the neck. Oddly, it has migrated down to shoulder and upper arm pain. I have a crunchy sound when I rotate my left shoulder. Don't know why, must be favoring the area or something. Bah. TOM & all of the related symptoms, firing one employee, enforcing two others onto unpaid leave, finding a temp, DSS acting up at school again, etc. Hasn't been a good week for me... Hope the rest starts to get better. On the upside, my temp came in this morning bright and early and ready for her first day, and so far is doing a fantastic job.

Jessica - DH feeling better now? glad you didn't have to talk to your MIL about the dress.

Sheila - that debt collector did break the rules. They aren't supposed to disclose any details of the debt or even the reason for the call to a person who isn't the debtor. They are also supposed to stop calling you once you give them your son's contact information. They will push the envelope as far as they possibly can though, unless you push back. Ask them for an address to write a formal complaint, and see if your neighbors want to do the same thing.

Pat - glad you are enjoying the retirement! Be careful on the frozen parking lots!

Michele - glad you are feeling better! Any info yet on the job situation?

Dagmar - Don't know what else to say there. I'm sorry that you guys are having such a tough time. It is hard to start over when younger, even harder at 53 I would imagine. Good luck honey. I've been watching the Olympics this week and they keep saying "Just do the best you can today." I like that. You just do the best you can today, and the tomorrows will start to get better. Is DH doing the Certified Management Accountant program?

Allison - either the new people are keeping up with their supplies better or they just aren't stealing them... Glad that the office supplies are back under control!

I've been wondering about Lily, too. I hope she gets back in touch with someone.

Good day everyone!
Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Dagmar-- today will be better!!

Shannon-- hope your week starts improving! You deserve it!!

No info on my job. There is a union meeting next week and I think I'll go. Never been to one before but never had a reason before. They don't have to give us our "pink slip" until almost the end of school so I suspect the bad news/uncertainty will drag on for many months. Though I didn't like missing three days of work due to being sick, I think it helped my attitude somewhat. The kiddos missed me (the library is closed if I'm not here as there is no $$ for subs) so that is nice.

My weight is up a couple of pounds. I did my usual-- oh I'm sick and I've lost a few pounds-- I better eat extra even though I'm not hungry. Dh obliged by taking me out to eat and serving large portions of yummy food. He is now out of town so I can refocus! I'm hoping to make it to spin class tonight and see if I can handle my regular exercise routine.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #30  
Workin' It

Hmph. Lesson to the wise... Don't facebook when already irritated and having a bad day. It can result in mass de-friending. ...