Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #1  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Default How often do you "see" your number?

WEIRD...that's all I can call it. I've told the story about how on Halloween I started to pig out on candy and at that precise moment my son pointed at the clock and it read 3:33, (I put down the candy). Then last season while were were watching "The Biggest Loser" I was getting a little "looky" (as Robin might call it), and then Danny weighed in and his weight for that week landed at 333. I stopped "looking". We were at a football party for the Nebraska Bowl game and I was getting weak watching everyone dive into the cheese ball and nachos and then the clock stopped at 3:33 left in the quarter...I backed away from the chips. Then, again last night I was in that "looking" type of mood when watching "The Biggest Loser" (though I was pretty certain I was not going to go off plan...but I wanted too.) Then the pink team girl (Ashley? can't remember her name for sure), weighed in and her ending weight for the week was 333. I've looked at the clock many different days throughout the last year to see 3:33 (even when I'm not struggling). 333 seems to be everywhere...lol

Do you guys "see" your beginning number very often.

PS: I'm not in to "weird science" or supernatural stuff, but it is a little spooky sometimes.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #2  
This is the time!

S/C/G: 175/165/150

Height: 5'9"

I haven't seen my number, but that's really freaky! and funny!
jewels05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:28 AM   #3  
Year 9 in Maintenance

S/C/G: 271/125/115

Height: 5'0"

I don't see my number,
but when I watch a Biggest Loser weigh-in,
I see that the large women there are much taller than my 5 ft height,
and I realize that at my high weight of 271
My body was fatter and looked even worse than many of their bodies.

This reality continually shocks me because
even when I was at my highest,
I frequently looked at myself in full-length mirrors,
even completley unclothed...in the nude.
But my own personal view........of my own body......
never seemed like I was ever "THAT Fat."
Bright Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/193/155

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lori! I love your picture, you just radiate happiness and good health!

My high weight was 276 pounds. I don't really see it anywhere but in my own mind. If seeing "333" motivates you, more power to you!! I am thinking of what will motivate me, and I have this old picture of me from behind, and I am just - well, wide. I'm wide. I might hang that somewhere I have to see it every now and again. Vinegar chips with cottage cheese won't taste as good when confronted with my own once and potential-again girth, I think.

You can do it, you can maintain!! Your smile is just PHENOMENAL, so I know you have that happy can-do spirit in you.
thundahthighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I have absolutely no experience like that.

Do you take into account all the times your number didn't appear when it would have been useful?

Last edited by JulieJ08; 01-20-2010 at 11:49 AM.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #6  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

LOL Lori, I never see my number (185). Then again, it's not possible to see 1:85 on a clock! But then, I don't really think about my starting weight much. It is just a number, after all -- same as my goal weight, and my current weight. To be honest I don't think about it all that much.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #7  
No description available.

That's very cool and a little uncanny, Lori!

I do notice my start weight, usually with digital clocks (204 if anyone's keeping track!), but I also notice my birth date and month when it's on a clock, so I think that some numbers are burned into our subconscious. The fact you notice 333 when you do is pretty cool. I think there's a lot about the universe that we don't always understand or recognize. The only place I never want to see 204 again is on my digital scale at home. No way, no sirree!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #8  
Diet Started: 1/4/10

S/C/G: 164/ticker/99

Height: 5'0"

You know, I have a similar, um, coincidence. But it's not my weight number (I don't feel very attached to it because I... I don't know. I don't think I accurately weighed myself at my heighest weight, switched scales around a few times, and am kind of lost on where I really started...)

The number I see, like all the time, is 9:11. And it's not related to 9/11! Or at least I don't think it does (the events of 9/11 has not impacted me much as I'm young and fairly ignorant). But for some reason, I always spot the clock when 9:11 comes around. My theory is that it's like selective hearing... the corner of my eye always sees the time, but I don't notice it unless it's 9:11.

But it's neat to see that I'm not the only one attracted to a particular time and number
Wild Vulpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

Well, my starting weight cannot be projected on a clock.....(268); but I do notice numbers a lot. Especially my birthday 7/11. When I was young I worked at McDonalds and someone's order was 7.11 so when I read them the total, I said "7-11-19XX (my birthday)". It was pretty funny.

I do think of numbers a lot in the weird way of.... okay if I start this "XX day", what will it mean to me. Like I believe it is you that started on March 4th..... that is a cute saying..... If I were to start today it would be 20-10.... I guess I am just weird like that.

If I were you and the 333 kept me from overeating..... I might have it written on me with a sharpie marker. Lol.
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 PM   #10  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

That's too funny! I don't see my number, but that is really freaky!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 AM   #11  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Oooh that is a little freaky, yet cool!

The only time I really notice that 287 number of mine, is on the rare occasion when a 3FC member has it as their starting stats. And then of course I look at their height and they are ALWAYS taller than me and I think, "I was fatter than her". I don't watch the biggest loser all that often, but when I do, I always think that I was fatter than this one and bigger than that one.

But of course no clock reads 2:87. But my husband often tells me when it's my "birthday" time on the clock - 11:12. And I do mean often. "look honey, it's your birthday," HE seems to get a big kick out of it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

That's pretty cool!

I'm not a numbers person (though, I have a friend who very much is is). But, I always notice my birthday, 12:06, on the clock. It's pretty neat. I always smile to myself when it happens. :-)
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote