Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-09-2009, 11:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Dagmar-- at least you probably walked off much of what you ate!!

Step away from the snacks. The few seconds of gratification will soon be followed by guilt, remorse, and worse!

I had another weird food dream last night. I think I'm starting to develop Megan like nightmares-- thanks a lot Megan!! My younger dd made tons of cookies to send to older dd as a care package for finals week next week. I didn't know she was doing it so I came home from work last night after 8 pm (starving) to the smell and sight of cookies everywhere. I wanted one but one would mean two or three or ten or.... so I abstained. Then I went to bed and had a very realistic nightmare! I dreamed that I was binging on cookies and other foods and then saw older dd binging and I started yelling at her and telling her terrible things because I was feeling bad and guilty. I woke up feeling like I had really said those things to her. Then I couldn't go back to sleep. Grr.....

It is freezing here (26 today) and I have been bringing a nice thermos of hot tea the last few mornings. It has been so nice and gotten me through the morning. Today I made it and left it at home. I called dh and he offered to bring it to work for me (so sweet) but he would have gotten stuck in our carpool traffic (900 students and zero buses) so I declined. I think he is just happy that I appreciated the offer because he is very mad at younger dd. When I was working last night they had some sort of blowup where she said she has to choke down the lunches he makes her so he is never making her a lunch again. As she is more than old enough to make her own lunches that is fine with me. I woke her early and reminded her about making her lunch. She still wasn't ready (but her hair sure was straight) so we had a rough time getting out of the house-- hence the tea left at home. Oh well. Small things.

Only 9 more days until dd comes home from college!! So excited. I'm still toting around one pound from Thanksgiving so I need to get it off before dd comes home and we celebrate and go to Houston (the land of the big restaurant meals-- everything is bigger in Texas!)

Gotta get to work-- I'll try to post more later....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #32  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
I had another weird food dream last night. I think I'm starting to develop Megan like nightmares-- thanks a lot Megan!!
Sorry, Michele! I didn't know they were contagious.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

We went to see Barry Manilow last night. It was really nice--a mixture of holiday tunes and old favorites of his. It was the 4th of a series of 5 benefit concerts he's giving with all the proceeds going to 25 valley charities. DD's high school band director was introduced on stage and 7 or 8 musicians from her school were there and accompanied Barry on one song (and then he serenaded one of the girls). Later another high school's chorus lined the aisles and sang along with Barry. It was a really nice concert.

I won't talk about what we ate before the concert. Ugh.

Dagmar~sorry about the car breaking down and your DH being more upset about the breakdown than your welfare. It's just not right. I hope all went well.

Michele~sorry about the tea. And I have a potential timebomb in my house. I have 3 birthdays to celebrate over the holidays and I decided to do cupcakes. I have three mixes and two frostings in the pantry. But I think I can do this. I'm going to make them, serve them for the party, and then freeze the cupcakes. That way, if anyone wants one, it'll have to thaw and then they can frost it (I got those nifty squirt frostings that are like the fake cheese in a can). I'm sure that since they aren't Sprinkles cupcakes I'll be less inclined to eat them! Sorry you had to deal with the tempting aroma and that it set of bad dreams. I really hate it when I get mad at someone in my dreams--it ruins the whole night's sleep!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:13 PM   #34  
Workin' It

Good morning all. Scale was nice to me today - came in at 124.0, which was a good start to a complicated day. I went and got an H1N1 vaccine this morning and my arm is already starting to hurt, DH just went home sick with what he thinks might be a kidney infection, I'm waiting on some guys to come help put the rest of the shelves together in our storage unit but have heard nothing so I think they forgot, the other person who is supposed to help is overwhelmed with work and can't do it today, and I'm trying to juggle in insurance inspector into the mix. Also, have to get DSS from daycare definitely now, since DH is home sick and won't want to go back out. Complicated. I didn't exercise this morning because I was figuring the shelf work would be the exercise, but now that might not happen. Ick. And, I'm starving. At least my Daily Plate numbers seem to be restored. They have been mixed up for a few days now and were making me a little nutty.

Allison - Glad you guys enjoyed the concert!

Michele - sorry you forgot your tea. That is annoying. Nice of DH to volunteer to bring it, though. And weird dream!

Ward - sorry DD is sick now.

Dagmar - I would have been seriously annoyed if DH didn't even volunteer to come get me. Not cool. That would have triggered an old pattern for me, too.

Iris - hope you feel better!

Pat - gorgeous sunrise pics!

Lily - the brownies sound great, and it was sweet of the girls to make them. I'm glad you guys got your Christmas tree up, the decorations are always nice and cheery. to you.

Good day everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #35  
Working My Way Back Down

It's another cold day here, but I just heard from a friend in Colorado that it's colder where she is, plus I hear there's a huge cold front/snow storm moving across the country, so I'll be quiet about my weather (which could be lots worse).

Dagmar - my DH would be getting a large piece of my mind if he had the same reaction that yours did. and food is not the answer.....

Shannon - funny, I had an H1N1 shot a couple weeks ago, didn't hurt at all. I've still not had a regular flu shot, need to put that on my radar to do. Hope you get to do you shelving exercise.

Gotta run, the IT guy wants to reboot my PC - having OUtlook issues.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #36  
Workin' It

Pat - I'm not surprised by this one hurting, my regular flu shot early this season made my arm hurt all the way down into my fingers. It never happened before this year, don't know why it changed.

I feel like I always have IT issues... Wish a reboot would fix it...
Old 12-09-2009, 02:47 PM   #37  
Chuggin' along...

Add me to the list - my BF would also be hearing exactly what I thought about it if his only concern was his inconvenience if I broke down. I hope you tell him how you feel (and why), Dagmar! I can see how stressed you are about it, hang in there.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #38  
Working My Way Back Down

Well, Shannon, the reboot didn't help everything, but the major problem has been fixed - at least for the moment.

I'm freezing here today for some reason. I need to get up and move around. I've decided that I need to take some time to spend with DH tonight, since we haven't spent much more time than a meal together since Friday night. It'll be my "work on your marriage" exercise.

Alison, good idea about the cupcakes! It'll be portion control for everyone as well.

Michele - my DH sulked for a week when - after he complained about them - I told him he could make his own lunches from that time forward. THis was at least 15 years ago. Now I will occasionally make him a lunch, and he never complains. When I was in HS we had to either make our own lunches or pay for school lunch ourselves.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Dagmar-- I forgot to mention that I would be furious as well if my dh did what yours had done. I know that if my dh could, he would drop everything to help me if I was in trouble. So sorry and no surprise you reverted to food.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:29 PM   #40  
Workin' It

I'm now in the waiting room at the ER with DH who is manifesting kidney stone like symptoms...
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #41  
Meg

Oh no! Big hug and keep us posted on what's going on.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #42  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Ugh, I've been bad about posting, and don't have a ton of time...

but Dagmar, he'd be getting a stern talking to about acceptable behavior, were it me. Irritating!

And Shannon - yikes! Hope he feels better soon!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #43  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Shannon, I hope your DH is okay!

Dagmar, I would have yelled at DH if he did something like that.

I ended up not having to go in at 4:30 this morning for my job shadowing program because they were worried about the weather, which was nice, but I have to go in at 4:30 tomorrow morning instead! Actually I enjoyed today a lot more since we got to see more different lab areas. Yesterday we basically spent the whole day in molecular diagnostics but today we got to see chemistry, hematology, blood bank, microbiology, and flow cytometry. Tomorrow morning we'll see chem/hemo in their busiest time of day, then back to molecular and flow. I think my favorite so far was the microbiology lab.

Wrist is still messed up. I think tomorrow when I get home from job shadowing I will call my doctor and make an appointment. It's just not getting any better at all. Maybe I'm not patient enough? That and I haven't been icing it even though I probably should, because it is so cold already that I really don't want to be any colder.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:16 PM   #44  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

You know... I must be really dense... But I don't get exactly what it is that your husband was supposed to do, Dagmar.

I mean, he was without a car... and what could he have done to help you that you weren't already doing yourself?

I guess maybe you wanted him to commiserate with your suffering. Sorry to be so dense... Never had a husband... although I've had plenty of partners... Maybe it's just different.

Anyway, I do hope you won't "take it out" on yourself with food, Dagmar. That won't do anybody any good.

Shannon, I've had kidney stones. Absolutely no fun. And it sometimes is accompanied by kidney infection... Pain drugs and IV fluids... Oh, and a scan to see whether it can pass on its own... And then hoping it does, quickly.

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 12-09-2009 at 08:17 PM.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Question Should I stop posting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
You know... I must be really dense... But I don't get exactly what it is that your husband was supposed to do, Dagmar.

I mean, he was without a car... and what could he have done to help you that you weren't already doing yourself?

Jay
He was supposed to ask me if there was anything he could do to help. I would have asked him to come down to the car (10 minute cab ride), try to start it, and then go with the tow truck to his garage and then bring all my dog stuff home. I would have even paid his cab fare.

In the meantime, I would have spent the next 3 hours walking around completing my dog walks for the day and then taken the bus home.

I know if I would have asked him to do this he would have said no. He is not a helpful person to me, although he is to his band mates and his friends. I keep hoping he will be more supportive of me but it's not happening.

I did finally mention it to him the next day and he hemmed and hawed about how he was going to ask me but . . . but he's so selfish all he cared about was being out of pocket for his car repair.

This is a weight loss/maintenance forum. I know I should not be discussing my relationship problems here but unfortunately they are one of the main triggers of my eating patterns.

Maybe I should just stop posting? Or find a new DH?

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote