Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-24-2009, 01:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I recently bought a regular size jacket, cost me as much to have the sleeves shortened as the jacket cost in the first place, When you are short, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. When I shop for pants I take a tape measure with me so I can measure the inseam, I try to avoid those alteration costs as they are so expensive.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #17  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
I still can't figure out whether you chicks are complaining or bragging!
Jay
Maybe a little of both!

Even though finding petite little clothes is a challenge, I'd certainly rather have this challenge than OUTgrowing my wardrobe like I did a few years ago!
MBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #18  

Height: 5'1"

Ok, my problem. I wear uniforms to work (RN). They make uniform pants that are petite, but not tops. Don't know about the rest of you, but my top half is petite too. The v-neck is just too low, arm holes are too low! I've written the uniform companies to complain, but it hasn't changed. The sales people in the uniform places say they have many requests for petite tops too, so it's not just me. J.C. Penney used to carry petite tops but they don't any longer. I know that you can always wear something under the uniform tops, but i'm already too warm!

Ok, complaint time over!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/115/115

Height: 5.0

I'm also amused when I STILL need to shorten petite pants! Thank goodness for Lands End "choose your inseam length" pants!

Last edited by Teachyrchildren; 09-24-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Teachyrchildren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can help slim me ....

http://www.scrubscanada.ca/html/petite.html
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #21  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
Ok, my problem. I wear uniforms to work (RN). They make uniform pants that are petite, but not tops. Don't know about the rest of you, but my top half is petite too.
Fortunately I wear regular sizes on top, sometimes talls - I'm very long waisted. I was in despair a couple years ago when the style was shorter shirts that just - barely - reached the waist of a normal person, and left my belly exposed any time I lifted my arms. I'm 64 and not into showing any midriff skin, thank you very much. I'm happier now that the styles are longer again. I can never wear dresses with a waist. They look okay, but they are sooo uncomfortable as they sit about 3-4" above my waistline. Grrrr.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #22  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Ok, my problem. I wear uniforms to work (RN). They make uniform pants that are petite, but not tops. Don't know about the rest of you, but my top half is petite too. The v-neck is just too low, arm holes are too low! I've written the uniform companies to complain, but it hasn't changed. The sales people in the uniform places say they have many requests for petite tops too, so it's not just me. J.C. Penney used to carry petite tops but they don't any longer. I know that you can always wear something under the uniform tops, but i'm already too warm!

Ok, complaint time over!
My mom wears tshirts under her scrubs for that reason! She is 5'2" and tiny, none of the scrub tops fit.

Susan - saw your link after I quoted, I'll have to send it to her!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:37 PM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBN View Post
The problem with girls pants is usually the rise is extremely low, so it fits my size but not my womenly "shape". And pink with purple flowers looks a bit odd on a 50-year old with gray hair ...!

I know exactly where you are coming from here, LOL I am almost 45 and really look cute in those......not.
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #24  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I can't recall one single pair of pants, petites included, that I haven't had to hem. There's petite - and then there's me, all 5 foot nothing of me. Oh well.

But without a doubt petites are not just shorter, they are DEFINITELY narrower - which is why I was elated when I found that petite blouse. I'm not sure why they make them narrower, just like I wasn't sure why they made those size 26/28's with the longest arms in the world. Just because I was heavy didn't mean my arms were necessarily down to my calves.

I'll have to check out this JJill that you folks have mentioned.

I also see some of you mentioned the girls section, but juniors actually run narrower as well. Being 45 there's only so much junior clothing I can get away with, but I have gotten some very nice things at a fairly decent price.

And Jay, I was complaining. Now mind you it's a complaint I'm thrilled to be able to have . Although I wouldn't mind being a bit taller.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:53 AM   #25  

Height: 5'1"

Susan, Thank you so much! petite tops and at a good price!!! If you were here you'd get a big hug!!!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Since work is what I dress for most often, it's got to be kind of a hobby for me to have nice, different uniforms. If you ever head south Sweetwater Scrubs in Tennessee is fabulous!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #27  

Height: 5'9"

Haha, I never realized they charge you more for petite sizes!? That is insane. I guess at 5'9", I don't have to worry about that I bet the skirt was worth it though!

Last edited by luvja; 09-25-2009 at 09:06 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:26 AM   #28  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

I thought I was the only one having problems finding good petite clothes at Macys or Penneys. I cannot find enough variety. Not to mention, I am small/medium in the breast area too. So, things don't fit properly. I am not at goal yet but still it is very hard. I do like NY&Co. There's a petite only store called Petite Sofisticate which is decent. A while back I found really nice pants there.

Last edited by pintobean; 09-25-2009 at 09:27 AM.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:55 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

I didn't think anyone said petite clothes are priced higher (although maybe they are, I wouldn't know). They said they weren't on sale for as much of a discount. I think that it is just supply and demand. Some stores put only certain colors on sale, and it's just a matter of trying to clear out excess.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote