Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #16  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Megan! Step away from the brownies! Does your office have hot tea or sugar-free hot cocoa? One of those might make a rainy day feel better without being full of fat and sugar!

Speaking of offices and junk food -- soon after I came in this morning I was assaulted by the scent of cinnamon rolls wafting over from my coworker's cubicle. He was eating those mini cinnamon rolls you get from fast food places. Then I went to the breakroom to get some water and the admin assistant was heating up a donut in the microwave. :sigh: I am on track though! No junk for me! I've got one POP day under my belt and I'm going for two today!

Last edited by paperclippy; 09-15-2009 at 10:09 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:28 AM   #17  
Workin' It

Yesterday was beautifully POP, actually came in about 200 cals under maintenance. Would have been better if I hadn't gotten up for chocolate milk when I couldn't sleep at midnight.. Argh.

Planning on being POP again today. Don't feel like eating, so might be easier than I think.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #18  
Chuggin' along...

Jessica, we'll stay away from the office baked goods together. It might be tough, but we'll feel better about our decisions tomorrow!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My in-laws called this weekend from the Oregon coast where they've been seeing freezing temperatures at night. That notion is so totally foreign to me when our night time temperatures have been hovering around 80 but lately have dipped down to the low 70's. Freezing? In September? I guess I need to remember my childhood in Utah when those things did exist! But seriously, we get either hot or cold here and it isn't quite time for cold. They can't wait to get back here. And when they get back we get to surprise them with the golf cart! DH and DS are putting in a lot of work to make it really nice (for a 13 year old cart).

My eating was a little off plan yesterday only because I had leftovers for lunch and didn't realize how much there was. Of course, queen of the clean your plate club ate it all. Then dinner wasn't too calorie friendly, but it didn't kill me. Weight actually came down half a pound.

Megan~I hope the sun does shine for you!

Shannon~are you feeling any better?

Jessica~just imagine the sickly sweetness of the frosting on those cinnamon buns! That alone should turn you off of the tantalizing cinnamon aroma. I can't stand the amount of frosting they put on those things. I ate a Cinnabon once (and only once) and I swear I thought I'd puke. Way too sweet for my taste.

Dagmar~stick with it! Another day or two under your belt and you'll be over the dreaded hump and it will all be easier.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:45 AM   #20  
slow and steady

LOL Allison, Cinnabon is a major weakness of mine. Luckily there aren't any anywhere remotely close to me. The frosting is my favorite part. But I'm feeling good and motivated and OP so no temptations for me.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #21  
Workin' It

I just went out and bought an iPhone. I don't feel good, my head is congested, and they had a pretty pink case that matched my pink Coach purse my mom got me for Christmas last year, so of course I had to have it. Better phone than food I guess. Now I just have to figure out how to use it.

I am still pretty seriously dizzy today - I feel like my head is moving through liquid. Weird feeling...

ETA - I used to work for Burger King, at a franchise location inside a mall. Cinnabon & Auntie Annie's Pretzels killed me....

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 09-15-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Another day, another fight with the alarm clock. Today I feel slightly more legit because I woke up around 3 am and couldn't fall back asleep for hours. Naturally I was NOT feeling it when the alarm went off! But seriously, I have to work on getting my bum out of bed. Didn't help that first thing I got this somewhat chiding e-mail from my boss. She tells me I need to keep things moving along, but when I take a step forward it's not the way she wanted it done. grrr... but I'm sure another cup of coffee will cure this. Thank goodness for caffeine!

Shannon, the iphone is so much fun! My friend has one that I like to play with. I think maybe next time I get a phone that's what I'll go with.

Jessica and Megan, stay away from the sugary baked crap in your office! It never seems to be as satisfying and delicious as you'd hope.

Allison, I can't even imagine freezing temperatures this time of year. I'm in southern arizona where most days it still hits 100.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon in ATL View Post
I just went out and bought an iPhone. I don't feel good, my head is congested, and they had a pretty pink case that matched my pink Coach purse my mom got me for Christmas last year, so of course I had to have it. Better phone than food I guess. Now I just have to figure out how to use it.

I am still pretty seriously dizzy today - I feel like my head is moving through liquid. Weird feeling...

ETA - I used to work for Burger King, at a franchise location inside a mall. Cinnabon & Auntie Annie's Pretzels killed me....
I just got my iphone a month ago! So far I love it! We can learn together. It is pretty darn user friendly so you should be fine. Let me know if you have any questions! Mine has a pretty purple case!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 PM   #24  

Oh gosh, it's been so long since I logged in that my computer didn't fill in my login!

GOt home about 7 this morning (actually into Anchorage late last night, but slept at a friend's house where I'd left my car). Boy it was hard to go to work today! I had a great visit with my sister, my BIL/SIL, and a college friend. Eating was not awful, but some days I was hard pressed to find a vegetable! What are these people thinking?? Exercise was less good, mostly just a lot of walking. Now I need to go grocery shopping, then come home and unpack and fall into bed. My body is still adjusting from east coast time.

iPhone? I want one, I'm just having trouble justifying the increased monthly costs for the internet part. Sigh.

It's been cold here at night (I hear ) but no frost yet. The leaves have turned and it's very pretty out. This morning driving out from Anchorage I saw the most beautiful sunrise. Of course my camera was in the luggage in the back of the car.....

I can't possibly catch up with everyone, so I'm just jumping in and starting from here.
Water Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:10 PM   #25  
Working My Way Back Down

Interesting, obviously I have two logins on this site - and the above one is old. Oh well, it was still me.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:34 AM   #26  

Pat Wellcome back!
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Hey Pat! Welcome back! Glad your vacation was a good one.

DH and I have been walking two nights after dinner. He's all excited so I'm dragging myself along. I'm working looong days and really wouldn't rather have this extra chore but I did promise to motivate him.

We also then sat in front of the TV and ate a 1/2 bag of whole wheat pretzels - could have been much worse. I was eating to try to stay awake (at 8:30 p.m.!!!).

I really miss my caffeinated pop. I know it's much better for my body without it but it's really hard to keep going at this point. I will struggle through this. It'll get easier next week, and even easier the week after that, etc.

Have a great hump day all (it IS Wed. right?)

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:50 AM   #28  
slow and steady

LOL about the two logins, Pat! You have two different user icons too! Welcome back!

Dagmar, think of it this way -- those two extra walks not only are motivating for your DH, but burn a few extra calories for you too!

Shannon, have fun with the iPhone. I want them for myself and DH, but I can't justify the extra monthly cost. Right now we pay $60 for both of our cell phones.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #29  
Workin' It

I am loving the iPhone... The service plan actually doesn't cost me any more per month, I've had PDA phone for years and was already on an unlimited data plan for my Samsung BlackJack II. The iPhone data plan is exactly the same price... Now, it is more expensive then a regular cell phone plan, yes... I pay $82/mo, DH pays $45ish.

Dagmar - enjoy the walks with DH! They will make you feel good, too, one you get past the tired! And yes, the lack of caffeine will get easier over time.

Pat - good to see you! Glad you had a good trip!

Michele - purple is cool! I feel very girly with a pink cell phone case. I'm just beginning to explore the applications, any suggestions?

Iris - sounds like some mixed messages from your boss. Annoying!

I feel almost human today! I've had no cold medicine so far, just my standard daily allergy meds. I'm considering some dayquil to tide me over for the afternoon - I'm going to a wellness seminar put on by our insurance company, so every little bit will help! Really want to get done and home in time to do a little exercise. Nothing heavy duty, just getting my feet wet again after a week off...

Good day everyone!
Old 09-16-2009, 11:11 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Shannon, I'm glad to hear you're starting to feel better! Two of my coworkers have been out sick recently and I'm living in fear of catching whatever they had - probably flu. I get a free flu shot but not until Oct.3. Won't help me much if I get it before then!

Dagmar, are you giving up caffeine altogether or just the soda? Soda I can do without, but heaven help the person who tries to keep me from my coffee!

Pat, welcome back! I love fall with changing leaves and everything. It's so pretty. I can't wait to move back to a part of the country where I get to see it instead of the desert!

I bought a bunch of bananas this week thinking I was going to make smoothies, but apparently that's too much work for me and I've just been eating the bananas as is. I guess there's nothing wrong with that!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote