Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Glad to hear I'm not the only gym klutz! I just don't see anyone being klutzy usually. I had to laugh at you midwife-- I was picturing you getting stuck in the machines!

Megan-- you can be strong! I hope it isn't too awkward for you with the family. I would think they would try extra hard to make sure it isn't with you, but who knows.

I have to share the funny dream I had last night. Every once in awhile I have a very detailed, realistic dream and this was one of them. I remember every detail and it seemed so real when I woke up! So... my best friend recently found out she is pregnant (at 42). She let me know yesterday that they heard the heartbeat, she has a due date of May 4, and everything looks fine so far. So, last night I dreamed that I was pregnant. I went to the doctor and said that it was impossible and she said, well, not impossible, but pretty much a miracle, because you do have ovaries (I have no uterus). She said I was 8 weeks pregnant and I got all excited because I thought I might have the same due date as my friend and she said that my due date is September 23 (more than a year from now!). She was telling me I might have to be on bedrest and I was telling her about my gym classes and she said the only one I could take for now is latin dance. Then I went and ATE a ton of food and realized I probably shouldn't eat that much just because I am PG (I went to bed very hungry last night). When I told my dd my dream (she is 14), she told me that she dreamed that she, her sister (18), and myself were ALL pregnant. She said my dd's baby was black (her boyfriend is black so no big surprise) and then she found out that she wasn't really pregnant but didn't want to tell us because she was getting so much attention that she started eating to look pregnant! Funny dreams!!

Plans for the weekend-- nada... dh is still in Europe..... Work, gym, schoolwork, errands, the usual.....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1982 View Post
I'm a bit nervous b/c usually I get along w/ his family, but not so much that I feel totally accepted into the family. During our little, uh, hiccup last month I don't know exactly what he told his sis, but I know that she told him to break up w/ me, and this will be the first time I've seen them since then. Yeah... hoping that's not going to be awkward. (Did I mention I'm not going to stress eat? I will not stress eat. I will not stress eat...)
Sorry to say it doesn't end there. DH and I have been married for 21 1/2 years and a few weeks ago (just before I left for Italy) my SIL "unfriended" me from Facebook after a tirade where she said I was "tacky" and I was disloyal to the family for saying something about DH in that public forum. BTW~DH was totally behind ME in the whole thing (as was my DD). They both wanted me to write a reply, but I said I'd just let it slide as I don't like fighting, but it turns out I couldn't have replied because she had unfriended me. (IMO, it is tacky to lash out at someone without letting them have the benefit of a reply!)

And you will NOT stress eat! Make it your mantra!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #48  
Chuggin' along...

Allison, I love how facebook can make totally sane, normal adults act like we're in high school again. "OMG, I'm going to unfriend you!" My 30-year-old friend found out that a "fight" with her BF was a break-up b/c he changed his status from "in a relationship" to "single" on facebook. Oh yeah.

Wasn't it "tacky" of your SIL to have this little tirade out on facebook? Facebook is a social networking site! If it's that important, pick up the phone! That is just my opinion, lol.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #49  
Mel

super gym klutz here. There's nothing that I haven't fallen off, walked into, dropped, or tripped over. I once stood up under a squat racked and knocked my self senseless. At times, I feel like the gym entertainment.

Welcome, Prinny!!!! and congratulations
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #50  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the giggles.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:45 PM   #51  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Smile ... in the bum

When I first started in the gym with 239 pounds to try to move around, at one point working with my trainer right next to another pair I hear the other trainer say, in an eye rolling voice, "Your client just kicked my client in the bum!"

I suspect that I did; I had wondered what that foot had hit, LOL.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 09-11-2009 at 04:25 AM.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #52  
No description available.

midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy bad news = binge eating

SIGH. DH dropped 3 bombshells one right after the other last night. Then he complained for a solid hour. The only positive thing he said was that he had found a used treadmill for $125 so his exercise plan might not yet have gone out the window.

I ran for whatever snacks we had and just stuffed my face. All of them are low fat/low cal but they add up.

DH's emotional/mental state has such a major influence on mine. He is going to be very stressed, unhappy, and whiny for the next 2 years. I can't change any of his stuff and I'm not having success changing mine with what I'm doing right now.

Time to try hypnosis. If I can reduce my own stress/anxiety/eating then I hope my calmer state will influence him (I'm using the Dog Whisperer's training principles on myself).

TGIF and enjoy the end of the workweek everyone!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:09 PM   #54  

Sorry Dagmar for the continued upheaval with dh and his emotions.

When I get into frustrating situations I try to remind myself to control what I have control of because I can't control everything. Then I try to focus on my eating and my exercise because I can usually control those things. Doesn't always work, but that is what I tell myself anyway!
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #55  

Question for those of you who have tried/used greek yogurt. I keep hearing that it is good so I'm planning on getting some to try. A friend was telling me it is very plain and she adds honey. How do you eat yours? Do you use it in recipes? For breakfast I usually eat a bowl of berries with a little fat free vanilla yogurt and a sprinkling of grape nuts on top. Would greek yogurt be a good substitute for my regular yogurt or is the consistency too different? Thanks and Happy Friday everyone!!
Michele
Old 09-11-2009, 04:23 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Michele~if you have a Trader Joe's where you live, please try their brand. It is a lot better than the Fage Greek yogurt which is more readily available. Oskos is also a good brand but can be hard to find. Fage is rather tart which I don't like. The Trader Joe's brand can be eaten plain (IMO) but it is also good mixed with all sorts of things. They also make a couple that already have the honey mixed in (not as good) and with vanilla (OMG, so yummy) but those are a bit higher in calories due to the sweeteners. Amanda uses the sugar free coffee syrups to add flavor and sweetness without adding calories (I've tried the coconut which was really good).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Michele~if you have a Trader Joe's where you live, please try their brand. It is a lot better than the Fage Greek yogurt which is more readily available. Oskos is also a good brand but can be hard to find. Fage is rather tart which I don't like. The Trader Joe's brand can be eaten plain (IMO) but it is also good mixed with all sorts of things. They also make a couple that already have the honey mixed in (not as good) and with vanilla (OMG, so yummy) but those are a bit higher in calories due to the sweeteners. Amanda uses the sugar free coffee syrups to add flavor and sweetness without adding calories (I've tried the coconut which was really good).
Thanks Allison for the tips! I do have a Trader Joe's nearby.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #58  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

In my greek yogurt I put 2 packets of splenda and a packet of Via which is Starbucks instant coffee. It's hoe I deal with my coffee ice cream addiction.
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinny View Post
In my greek yogurt I put 2 packets of splenda and a packet of Via which is Starbucks instant coffee. It's hoe I deal with my coffee ice cream addiction.
Interesting! I was just reading about the Via in my hungry girl newsletter today.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #60  
BOOM!

S/C/G: 176.6/130/130

Height: 5'2"

ARGH!!! I have carpal tunnel and it's flaring up really bad... which is keeping me from working out. NOT HAPPY!
prinny is offline   Reply With Quote