Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:10 AM   #31  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'd love to go to Greece, it looks gorgeous. A couple friends of mine were there a few months ago and their pictures were phenomenal!

I was POP yesterday and broke the no booze/chocolate/snacks news to my husband who looked as if he might cry, lol.

Getting ready to head to the gym for chest/shoulders/arms and a couple miles on the treadmill. My legs are sore from running 6 miles outside yesterday, particularly my inner thighs, which feels odd.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #32  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks. I am on the train, wearing my running clothes. Plan to run even tho I am on a later train than I usually take.
Food choices yesterday, mostly op. I had some pretzels- better that than chocolate. I even passed up the cheesecake tastes at the market.

Scale stayed same due to massive sodium in dinner, but I am ok with that. I am staying op today with a full fridge of good choices for dinner and all other meals, snacks in my backpack.
Let's make it a good op day!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #33  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

I think I'm going to have to delay my start of going back to losing as well. This week is so crazy at work that I have no time for exercise, this weekend we have a fancy dinner, next week I'm on vacation, and the following weekend is my birthday involving another fancy dinner.

So count me in on Sept. 14th.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #34  
No description available.

Yesterday was right on. Scale is 160 this am. Of course I did a lot of legs on Monday night, so I'm thinking DOMS and water retention.

Great job with the food and exercise choices everyone!!

Jessica, start when you can! Enjoy the fancy dinners!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #35  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. I sure would like to join you in this adventure. I have been maintaining for almost 9 weeks now, but rarely visit this section because I really don't feel like a maintainer...I guess because secretly I would still like to lose around 10 more pounds. My weight fluctuates between 152-155 and I would LOVE to fluctuate between 142-145. Problem is I have been thoroughly enjoying my treats. I'm POP Monday thru Thursday and then everything goes a little haywire during the weekend.

I too have absolutely no excuse for the next 2 months to be like a rock and finally get the remainder of this weight off. Maybe I'll get a new ticker too. Besides one family gathering on Sunday, there are no holidays, birthdays, vacations or special events really planned until Halloween.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:01 PM   #36  
MBN

S/C/G: 150/G:finding the happy me

Height: 5'2"

Oh my yes, I neeeeed to join in! I came back from a visit "up north" a full 10 pounds over redline! My run has turned into a waddle and it is just Not Good.

I've seen a couple of those pounds drop back off, but weekends are just my nemesis. I do great all week, and then just totally lose it over the weekend. I know from past experience, that one really bad day will derail any weight loss for the the entire week. I have to get my weekend mojo back.

I'm good at keeping up with the exercise program, but I have GOT to stay away from the sweets and junk ...
Old 09-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Amanda~a fun book to read before Italy is Living in a Foreign Language by Michael Tucker (of LA Law fame). It really helped me in a few ways (what to expect when going out to eat, how to drive, and that the local wine is often just as good as a more expensive bottle). I read it on the plane on the way over (well, I started it before we left). Have fun on your trip!
Old 09-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

CountingDown, tea would have been the better choice than ice cream for sure! Of course I'm already somewhat of a "pee machine" with all the water I drink!

TylerDurden, your husband's reaction would probably be the same as my boyfriend's if I told him I wasn't going to drink anymore... Poor guys! Luckily my bf and I are long distance at the moment I'm not affecting him too much and I'm sure he'll love the result - a more svelte and confident me.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #39  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

My scale is being kind this week. I am sort of wondering if the painkillers for the shoulder were messing with me and raising the scale up - the original injury was in June, and I've been on and off them ever since, but I haven't taken any since Sunday (still hurts, but I am tired of being loopy and sluggish...it's manageable with ice most of the time) and so far, have dropped 5 lbs. In 5 days. To a level that, while not great, is only 6-7 lbs above my low-happy weight (and 1-2 over redline) instead of 12 (and 6-7 over redline).

I'm happy about this, obviously, but a little annoyed that I've been panicking about my weight for a month and a half while working my butt off, only to realize that likely, it was less about ME and more about the stupid meds. Oy.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #40  

Welcome Lori and MBN!!!

Amanda, yea for the scale!!! I remember your frustration with it---it's nice to have it finally behave. I'll breathe a sigh of relief when I am within a lb or 2 of my redline.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #41  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Some good numbers posted already!

We have dinner out tomorrow night, I'm off to check out the menu online. Plan, plan, plan
Old 09-03-2009, 07:47 AM   #42  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Amanda, that's great! I'd be irked too, but it is still great news!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #43  

Scale this am: 159.5.

Exercise today: sprint intervals (so fun!)
Today's challenge: a work meeting that is sort-of potluck. I'll eat before I go.

Have a good one all!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 AM   #44  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Midwife, I'm gonna catch you, I swear!

Jay
Old 09-03-2009, 10:02 AM   #45  
Chuggin' along...

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
Hi Megan! I saw in the main thread that you might be a little hesitant to talk about recommitting to the weight loss. Don't be!!! It takes as many times as it takes and hopefully this thread will light a fire under all of our rear ends as we need it to.
Thanks, midwife. I just feel like I've posted so many times in the past two years "going to get this 5 (10, 15...) lbs off". I do well for a few weeks, then fall off the wagon for a few weeks, back on, etc. What is the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, or something like that? I've sort of gotten to that point.

All the more reason to just do it already, though, and you know I appreciate the support!

I wish I had weighed myself before my 3-day, 2-night trip but I did really well while I was gone. 12 dives in 2 days plus hauling dive gear and tons of really heavy samples burned mega calories, and I made really good food choices. I didn't join my companions in their McD's shakes and fries, or fried food at the seafood restaurant. My only downfall was one night of sushi, everything else was totally OP. I think it's a good start to my recommitment! Normally I go nuts on all trips out of my comfort zone and away from my own kitchen.

Amanda, I'm so glad the scale is cooperating!

Lori, even if you decide your goal weight is 10 lbs lower, you are still maintaining the loss you've already had - you're definitely a maintainer!

We can do it, we can do it!
Closed Thread