Old 10-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #3  

I've never really done a proper diet or exercise routine so I'm completley lost
smileyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi, smileyone!
You've landed in the Maintainers section--mostly people here have lost weight and are trying to keep it off. But, I can tell you about what I'm doing lately. I'm someone who has regained and who burned out on diets--just so you know.
What I'm doing now is Intermittent Fasting. All that really means is that you eat during 8 hours of the day, and you don't eat during the other 16. In my case, I eat from 11:30 am to 7:30 pm. I eat two meals during that time--I try to avoid snacking, and my meals are spaced at least 4 hours apart.
You're not restricted in what you eat, and you don't have to count calories. Your meals should be large enough to be satisfying--no skimping! This isn't the usual "diet," but a different way of spacing out food.
The point is to give your body's metabolism an opportunity to shift into fat-burning mode (during the "fasting" period) instead of only burning carbs.
As for workout routines, I found that walking every day for 30 minutes was a good way to start. I also joined an inexpensive gym so I could use the exercycle, treadmill, and weight machines. If you're not used to exercising, build up slowly. This isn't about hurting yourself.
Good luck! Happy to see you.
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote