3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

What does it FEEL like to be thin?

Old 04-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #91
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

I love that I can wear coloured skinny jeans yeaaah!

"My body is God's temple. I will be a good steward of what He gave me. "

Gained 30 pounds in 2013. Time to lose it again for 2014!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:05 AM   #92
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodymist View Post
I love that I can wear coloured skinny jeans yeaaah!
Me too! Haha I love those things!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #93
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I have no idea what it feels like to be thin as I don't remember ever feeling thin and don't consider myself thin now and probably won't consider myself thin when this journey is all over.

But, I'm much thinner and it feels great. It feels great to be able to wear almost everything. To feel desirable (you don't need to be thin to feel that way). To see my husband likes what he sees. To see, even at 42, I can still get a second glance from men.

All that stuff feels great! And I'm not even thin!

berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #94

S/C/G: 211/155/155

Height: 5'5"

I love the fact that I do not have to keep pulling by pants up that is caused by my big belly!!
I love that I am now running again!!
Best of all I like myself again- I am no longer the a big fat person with low self-esteem!

Steve
Slshappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #95

S/C/G: 195/135/135

It feels wonderful! I love being able to take a bunch of stuff into the dressing room to try on, and the only thing that limits me is my budget because most everything looks good on. It's also effortless living in a thin body. When I excersize, I'm not being limited by my size. I love not getting winded if I have to run. I also love being able to eat junk in public and not feel like people are scrutinizing my food choices.
RaisingThemLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:26 AM   #96
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisingThemLeft View Post
It feels wonderful! I love being able to take a bunch of stuff into the dressing room to try on, and the only thing that limits me is my budget because most everything looks good on. It's also effortless living in a thin body. When I excersize, I'm not being limited by my size. I love not getting winded if I have to run. I also love being able to eat junk in public and not feel like people are scrutinizing my food choices.
Are we twins ??? I think I have a shopping addiction now! Only want to buy and buy and buy clothes!

"My body is God's temple. I will be a good steward of what He gave me. "

Gained 30 pounds in 2013. Time to lose it again for 2014!
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:43 AM   #97
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I don't feel thin and I don't consider myself thin, and I'll probably never get my weight low enough that I do. But I love just feeling "normal" in regards to my body, for the first time in more than 20 years. I love that I can buy clothing anywhere, not just in specific stores. I love blending in instead of standing out. I love feeling my collarbone, my shoulders, my ribs, my hip bones. I love that I can stand or walk for hours and my feet don't hurt. Normal, even if not thin, is pretty great.
Pregnancy May 2012 - January 2013
Post-preg weight loss ~ January 2013 - July 2014
Now maintaining < 135 lbs

chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #98
Long-term maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee32 View Post
I don't feel thin and I don't consider myself thin, and I'll probably never get my weight low enough that I do.
I just checked out your goal photos and you look great! And slim!

Just adding: I think the word "thin" in the title of this thread means "slim" or "not fat", rather than "thin" or "skinny".

Last edited by RedPanda : 04-17-2012 at 08:33 AM.
RedPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:07 AM   #99
Trying for normal

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

I remember what it was like to be thin - back in my mid-20s I lost a lot of weight by starving myself. And I didn't like it. I liked the clothing, but I was kinda uncomfortable with the attention. I didn't like the way men could swing me around (I was doing a lot of folk dancing! They weren't just random men!) It made me feel really vulnerable.

This time, I don't aspire to be 'skinny' - I aspire to be svelte and fit. Fitness is more important to me this time. I need to be able to run after my son! I want to be full of energy. And I know I need to shed quite a few pounds to make it easier for myself to do all the things I want to do. But part of me wants to be thin so I can be much more attractive to the opposite sex. I've been in a sexless and emotionally abusive marriage for a long time and I really want to get a divorce this year. I want to start dating again. (BTW, losing weight won't make my husband want me, we had problems when I was thin. I think part of the reason I gained weight was comfort eating over my really crap marriage)

This thread has been quite helpful to me to think about the feelings I have about thin-ness and fit-ness and what I associate it with.

Lose 25lbs by 15 April (10 Mar)
Get to 100 kg (220) by 1 May (7 Apr)
Be 205 by race day - 14 July
One-derland by 1 Sept
AlmostMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #100

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I never think of myself as thin. I think I am an appropriate and healthy weight for my height. Looking at myself in the mirror at home is one thing but when I actually see myself in action I do see a thinner person than I used to be. I was in the grocery store yesterday and as I walked past the frozen food section I could see my reflection in the glass doors, I did see a "thinner" person and it was me, those moments always surprise me a little .

Last edited by bargoo : 05-03-2012 at 10:10 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #101
Start: 9/1/2014

S/C/G: 270/250s/120

Height: 5'1"

I apologize for bumping this thread up again after it's been inactive for more than 2 months. I'm far away from being a maintainer and I usually lurk in here to read what's it like to be on the other side. This is my favorite thread in the entire forum and I've read it from start to finish three times already. Just wanted to give it a bump if anybody would like to add more

LadyPetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #102

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisypheanme View Post
It feels wonderful! I actually have to put a pillow between my legs to sleep as the bones in my knees dig into each other. I do not like looking at my hip bones naked though--they seem strange. Now movement, I feel light as air and with a spring in my step. I don't recognize myself yet and it has been over a year!
Me to! It was a pleasant surprise when I realized this was happening to me as a result of my weight loss! I'm glad to hear others experience this, too!
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #103
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Amazing. I could expand on this, but many of my experiences have already been covered. It's just truly amazing to feel healthy, strong, and light.

Walk To Mordor by September 2013! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...lk-mordor.html Miles Traveled: 45/1779
Before/After Picture Thread!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...bs-go-pic.html
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #104

S/C/G: 259 / 256 / 120

Height: 5'3

Default This really

Needs to be more active! I love this thread. It gives me so much hope. I want to know how it feels to be fit! I imagineeverything being so much better. I just love this thread!

Last edited by laurendarkbloom : 05-15-2013 at 03:22 PM.
laurendarkbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #105

S/C/G: 260/155/155

Height: 5'6"

Well i don't consider myself "thin" but i know what you mean

For me it means finally belonging to that "club" of "normal" people that i used to stare at and admire and wish for all the world that i could be and didn't think i could be.. a slim attractive woman. Now that i am, it feels incredible and the shame factor is gone, i used to feel HUGELY ashamed.

The next thing is probably wardrobe but alas i don't have the funds to really go all out!

Lastly is fitness although life is throwing a wrench into that one lately with bad knee problems rearing their head.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.