Woohoo, ICUWishing!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:46 PM   #122  
Workin' It

That is fantastic Becky!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #123  
Workin' It

Yesterday I had changed into my running tank and shorts before leaving work, went downstairs to put my stuff in the car and realized I had to run back in and give something to the restaurant manager. I had sunglasses on, had already put my hair back into pigtails, etc. As I was crossing the dining room one of my newer employees whistled at me, and was mortified when I turned and he realized who I was....

I had to have a conversation with him about respectful communication with customers, but the entire time I was thinking "Woo hoo! I'm old enough to be his mother and he whistled at me!"
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #124  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

You guys will laugh at this one. Yesterday I caught a glimpse of my (unclothed) lower half in the mirror while I was bending over to get clothes to get dressed, and I had a moment where I thought, wow, my butt and legs look like a pin-up! Thanks, squats and lunges! Now I just have to work on the top half.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #125  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Shannon and Jessica - these are just great! So funny, so powerful! Thank you for posting.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #126  
No description available.

We have some HOT chickies around this thread!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #127  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Looking good in your avatar, midwife! Oh, just put my glasses on!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:08 PM   #128  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwife View Post
We have some HOT chickies around this thread!
Yes, we really do have some sexy babes amongst us!!

And yeah, Midwife - the avatar - do tell...
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:50 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 192/maintaining upper 120's

Height: 5"8.5" 51 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperclippy View Post
You guys will laugh at this one. Yesterday I caught a glimpse of my (unclothed) lower half in the mirror while I was bending over to get clothes to get dressed, and I had a moment where I thought, wow, my butt and legs look like a pin-up! Thanks, squats and lunges! Now I just have to work on the top half.
Ditto here. DH likes it too:-)
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #130  
No description available.

Oohh, it's Dexter in my Avatar.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:55 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i was told the other day if i keep this up, i'll have to pose for playboy soon i nearly cried considering 3 years ago i weighed over 300lbs! huge compliment! (even if it was a little, uh, inappropriate at work, from a married man to a single woman) ha ha ha

this is a great thread! sooo inspiring!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #132  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Hey chicks, some awesome stuff here. Congrats to all!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:39 AM   #133  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

As some of you may remember, I am in the midst of planning two weddings. Wedding number one is just weeks away now and I am VERY busy. Which is a big ole' understatement in fact.

I have a few things that I'd like to share -

almost every evening is a different appointment - fittings galore for myself and my daughters, hair trial, make up trial, etc. Weekends are loaded with things to do as well - shopping, shopping and more shopping. Setting up appointments with the band, florist, caterer, dealing with the response cards, seating, etc...There's just a LOT of stuff to do. And of course there is my regular work load on top of it.

And in the midst of it all - I've stayed on plan. I've pre-planned my foods - and packed it with me when we are out and about. Made EXCELLENT choices on the two times that we were delayed by a LOT of hours and was forced to buy something. One was a delicious cut up fruit salad, and one was a frozen yogurt. Got home very late some evenings and still managed to get delicious, healthy meals on the table. I have definitely neglected a few things - my kitchen floor may have remained dirty, laundry piled up a tad - but my food - that is not negotiable.

I've not slacked on my exercise through out all of this as well. I still marvel at my muscles and think they're the coolest things in the world!

I am up for 20 hours a day, 20 jam packed hours that is. I am on the go constantly. I've said this before, having my daughters imminent weddings looming ahead of me was one of my big pushes for finally taking the weight off. I wasn't sure if I would even live long enough to see them get married, and if I were lucky enough to live, I wasn't sure how in the world I would have the stamina or energy to do what was needed. And I was right. There would have been no way on earth I would have been able to do what needs to be done when I was 287 lbs. Now I am doing it and doing it and doing it. It's non-stop on the go.

Oh and the fittings - my gown is everything I've always dreamed of and more - fits me like a glove and is oh so flattering. It is so sexy and feminine and I feel like a billion bucks in it. It is so glamorous! I've got to pinch myself that it actually belongs to me!

Been doing lots of shopping. Picked up two GORGEOUS dresses (size 4's) that I wasn't even looking for. They are both so smart and stylish and edgy and bold, yet classy and, and, and, and - it's just the BEST!!!

But mostly it's just the fact that I am ALIVE and kicking and ENJOYING living this thing that is life in a working, slim, trim, fit, HEALTHY body. Why would anybody ever want it any other way????
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Wow Robin! What an amazing triumph. I can just picture you going to fittings and appointments, getting in your exercise, and finding time to plan and cook healthy meals. What an inspiration! And I agree with you-- why would you want it any other way. I will remember this post when I'm thinking it is "too hard" to keep this weight off. My girls are a little younger but I'm sure I have weddings in the future--I just hope I'm not planning both of them at the same time! Whew!!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:49 PM   #135  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Robin, you are amazing! You will look gorgeous at your daughters' weddings.

I have an NSV to report today too. The little gym at my office has a hanging leg lift contraption. I always ignore it, since the last time I considered attempting it I couldn't even hold myself up on it, much less lift my legs. Well, today I figured, what the heck, nobody is here to laugh at me if I can't hold myself up. Not only did I hold myself up, but I CAN DO A HANGING LEG LIFT! And not just one!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote