3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Maintainers > Living Maintenance

Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Picking A Goal Weight: Did you pick your maintenance weight, or did it pick you?

Old 07-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #46

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I love this site for picking a goal weight. It helps me imagine better what I might look like at a certain weight...
http://www.mybodygallery.com/
Old 08-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #47

S/C/G: 30% BF/18% BF/20% BF

Height: 5'6"

My maintenance weight picked me and it was lower than I thought it would be. I've been holding steady for two months and it hasn't been a struggle to stay this weight so that's how I know it's good for me. Some people might think on paper that I'm too light but I'm an ectomorph - lean but not very muscular. This weight works for me, everyone's different. I don't normally "announce" my weight offline in my real life b/c I feel it's like a license to invite people to comment on it. It's no one's business but my own IMO. As long as I'm healthy and feel good, that's was always my goal.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #48

I picked a goal, but eventually my maintenance chose for me. I wanted to be around 124 pounds, but after I started weight training and increasing my diet food plan, I went to around 136 pounds. Standing at 5'5", I'm pretty happy about it and have no reason to complain.

I still wouldn't mind being at 124 lbs, but I love myself at 136 lbs too.
jttw18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:30 PM   #49

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

When I got dead serious about losing weight I was over 204 pounds, and I thought I would try and get down to 150 somebody said "you will still be obese" so I lowered my goal to the top of a healthy weight for my height, I didn't have any confidence that I could go lower but when I got there I decided to try to go a little lower and was successful. I did this a time or two more, dropping my goal another 5 pounds at a time until I am where I am now , a few pounds below my goal weight. It has been almost five years. Not a perfect five years but still maintaining.

Last edited by bargoo : 11-13-2012 at 06:33 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.