Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 04-03-2009, 09:09 AM   #61  
Chuggin' along...

Pat, glad DH made it home alright.

Yesterday I binged... first I was just really muchy all afternoon cooped up in the office. I kept eating small handfuls of dried cherries & blueberries someone had left in the kitchen, and then I decided I should eat something "healthy and filling" so I ate handfuls of Fiber One Honey Clusters cereal. Then I ate the entire bag of chocolate covered pretzel crisps at my house. They are on the banned foods list now. I worked out this morning at the gym and the trainer who's training me for the competition was asking me about my weight class, and I just got really upset. Anyway, trying to focus on today being a new day.

B - protein pancake, skim milk, coffee w/ h&h, strawberries
S - 1 oz. raw almonds
L - 1 slice ww bread, egg salad made w/ little bit of light mayo, 1 c. carrots & 1 c. celery
S - rest of almonds, 6 oz. light yogurt, 2 c. watermelon
Beer club with my friends - but no drinking beer, only making it!
D - brought leftovers of Tamale pie, asparagus. period. do not cave to social pressure, megan.
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #62  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Back on the calorie counting, clean eating, wagon today.

Yesterday, food was op until... yup, right after dinnertime. had book club. Generally I do not eat crackers or any of those cocktail hour seasoned toasts... last night I had several with goat cheese and fresh basil (and red wine) and while they really were tasty I was aware it was the first time since this book club started which also coincides with my *moment* of being ready for lifestyle change. It felt uncomfortable in terms of feeling like I am slipping.

So, ok. Very simply put, I am back on the strict wagon that got me to maintenance.
breakfast- 2 eggs, .5cup cottage cheese, scrambled
lunch- .5 pound sliced turkey breast
snack-half large apple, one tbsp peanut butter
dinner- 5oz. glass red wine, salad w drsg on the side, sashimi and 2-4 pieces of dh's sushi roll-- tbd

now- headed for treadmill due to terrible rainy day

AND NO BITES, LICKS, OR TASTES (other than those accounted for already)

Last edited by kittycat40; 04-03-2009 at 10:29 AM. Reason: came back to get more specific after adding cals into tdp
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 AM   #63  
Workin' It

Yesterday wasn't terrible - we went out to dinner, Mexican food at my request, and I had seafood fajitas. "Shrimp, tilapia, crab, mushrooms, onions, tomato & peppers cooked in our own special seafood sauce" according to the menu. I got corn instead of flour tortillas, skipped the sour cream, ate only a sprinkling of the cheese - focused on the pico, lettuce and salsa. I'm sure the seafood sauce has a lot of sodium because I can feel it today, but according to the server they don't add any oil to the skillet when they cook, only the seafood sauce which is supposedly oil free. I did eat some chips and salsa... more sodium... Oh well. I also had 1.5 servings of light ice cream before bed.

Today:
Exercise - strength training or elliptical when I get home.
B: smoothie,
S: apple
L: grilled chicken salad
S: kashi go lean
D: spaghetti, plain red sauce
S: oatmeal cookie or graham cracker
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Dinner last night was only so-so at the dive bar. DD and I each had a salad (iceburg with 1/2 a tomato and a couple slivers of cucumber--not the best but okay). After that we split an appetizer sampler--2 breaded shrimp, 2 potato skins, celery, 4 onion rings, 4 mozzarella sticks and 2 chicken wings--we halved everything. My napkin was so greasy! And I paid for it with stomach cramps this morning, but all is well now. Oh, how I hate greasy food. And my in-laws think the food is good. Ugh.

B~eggwhite mcmuffin
S~probably nothing
L~tuna sandwich and small salad
S~??
D~not sure--chicken if we stay home and shrimp if we go out
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #65  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Yesterday was mostly OP, with a few caloric blips for sugar free popsicles and a bit of changing things around (throat. So sore). I only got in half an hour of cardio before my body gave up, but ended up having to speedclean my house in 45 minutes with no warning, which was almost as many calories as the half hour cardio session. I really want to be able to get through my cardio and lifting today...fingers crossed! I'm breaking it into little sessions to make it less intense.

B - Egg white, turkey bacon, broccoli, and red pepper scramble, toast
S - Asian Pear, Laughing Cow
L - Leftovers - Pork T, Couscous, Chard
S - Broccoli and Carrots w/ Hummus
S - Popcorn
D - Roast chicken (breast only, skinless), roasted red potatoes, asparagus
S - NSA Ice Cream, Strawberries

E - 60 min cardio, 60 min strength intervals
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #66  
Working My Way Back Down

Yesterday was good. I missed my cottage cheese/fruit snack in the afternoon, and ended up eating 2 small caramels and 2 bites of a pastry at a quilt guild meeting, but all in all it was in the right calorie range.

On to today....

B - 1.5 eggs, scrambled, 1/2 ww bagel w/light cream cheese, (this was not enough to hold me - need to add veggies)
S - 100 cal pack of cheese sticks (new from Pringles - not great, but if they weren't packaged I can see me eating too many of them. As it is, someone brought them to work. I won't be buying them)
S - cottage cheese with cantalope
L - grilled chicken salad, 1/2 slice ww bread
S - ? several choices in my desk drawer
D - pork chop, broccoli, sweet potato
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:24 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Did pretty good last night. I got a Thai wrap sandwich from Trader Joe's (400 calories). After dinner, I still felt hungry, so I had 4 whole wheat crackers with a smear (really a little) of cashew butter on each one. So, ultimately my calories for the day were maintenance level, not weight loss. Starting to make me a little crazy. Oh, I also ate an 80 calorie dark chocolate truffle "Fling" bar at work. Grrr.

Friday

B - TJ's fat free Greek yogurt with honey, 1/2 package of strawberries

L - BBQ salad - greens, chopped red cabbage, carrot shreddies, a little roasted corn, grape tomatoes, red onions, grilled chicken with BBQ sauce, a tiny bit of fat free ranch dressing, crispy Sante Fe tortilla strips for crunch

S - tangelo

S - cocoa

S - string cheese

D - grilling a steak, baked sweet potato, some green...thinking roasted brussel sprouts

Last edited by Glory87; 04-03-2009 at 03:29 PM. Reason: can't spell
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #68  
Workin' It

Starving starving starving again... just ate a packet of instant grits hoping they would give me the illusion of filling. Nutrition-wise I would have been better off the eat the paper bag they were packaged in, and still feel starving starving starving...
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #69  
one bite at a time

S/C/G: 180/134/123

Height: 5' 3.75"

As indicated in the chat thread, I had a PB cookie last night, one small chocolate candy, and then still had my WW Ice Cream bar. However, I had skipped my afternoon snack, so that makes up for part of it. For dinner last night DH stopped at McD's. I had a small cheeseburger ketchup only and maybe half of a small fry (he bought me a happy meal same as the girls, lol!). Overall my calories were within range, but I'm sure overall my fat and sodium were high.

e: DD had a dr appointment this morning, so I changed my clock to sleep in until at 5 AM, but then I forgot to turn the alarm on. Grr! I woke up when DH's alarm went off at 6, so no exercise this morning other than 10 min of back/core exercises and stretches.

b: usual, 1/2 eng muffin/turkey sausage & coffee
s: none, was at the Dr w/DD
l: WW Smart Ones chicken terriaki
s: dark chocolate & 100 cal pack
d: probably quiznos small turkey and swiss w/light ranch
s: WW Ice cream bar
Shanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

I need to get back on track or I know I'll start gaining. Today I was feeling crappy this morning and decided that raiding the fridge might help me feel better... no such luck. I need to get back to planning, so to start, here's the rest of the day:

L: pasta e fagioli (leftovers)
S: apple if needed, but I'll be working this evening so I might be too busy to think about food!
D: Probably the frozen lasagna in the freezer. Pasta for two meals isn't optimal, but I don't know if I'll have time to hit the grocery store after work.

E: walk in the park OR exercise video, work w/ weights on arms tonight at home

Last edited by iriswhispers; 04-03-2009 at 04:01 PM.
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #71  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Victory over germs! Got all of my exercise in, and toward the end of my lifting, I got one of those awesome "Look how great I am! I am a rockstar!" endorphin rushes. I get those a LOT more with the interval/cardio/strength training than I did just lifting in regular sets. Love it!

I am so excited to roast my chicken tonight. Grocery store had lovely free-range veg-fed whole chickens on sale, and I'm pulling rosemary and thyme from the garden, and one of the last oranges remaining on the tree to cut in wedges and stuff it with. Mmmmmm.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #72  
Working My Way Back Down

Quote:
I am so excited to roast my chicken tonight. Grocery store had lovely free-range veg-fed whole chickens on sale, and I'm pulling rosemary and thyme from the garden, and one of the last oranges remaining on the tree to cut in wedges and stuff it with. Mmmmmm.
and what time should I be there??? I get quite envious of you gals who live where the weather is warmer.....
Old 04-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #73  

Okay, this hungry thing is starting to really annoy me. I ate lunch. Hungry by 2. Made it til 3, ate my orange. Hungry at 4. Ate my cheese string early. I ate it really slowly, taking pauses between bites - still ravenous. What the HECK. Of course, there are still boxes of POP TARTS all around me. And Hershey's Kisses. Gah.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #74  
Working My Way Back Down

So I should just do my day over after my morning snack. Didn't turn out too badly, just not what I'd planned

L - pastrami sandwich with homemade red cabbage sauerkraut on ww bread (ate half), 2 bites potato salad

S - nada - still full from lunch

D - stir fried chicken, red peppers, onion, asparagus; sweet potato on side
Old 04-04-2009, 01:24 AM   #75  

Finished up the day with 4 whole wheat crackers with a very light smear of cashew butter, 1 hershey's kiss and Mexican Food. 2 corn tortillas, carne asada, lots of pico de gallo, some guacamole, a few bites of rice/beans and a small handful of tortilla chips. Feel slightly out of control and still very aggravated at the stupid hungriness.