Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 02-06-2009, 08:18 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Today I'm doing 10 on the bike and then my three-times-a-week weight session...and I'm hitting the treadmill to run/walk for about 15 minutes. I'll be truthful...the treadmill scares me to death. And I don't know why. Last time I was on it I ran 3/4 of a mile....longer than I've run at one single time in my entire LIFE. I felt SOOOOO good afterward...but since then I haven't been on it one time. I've thought about it, but chickened out. I guess the thought of being able to run is a new one for me...Anyway cutting it short a little because I've got to work tonight, bending and stretching and squatting and walking and standing and such. Taking pictures at a basketball game, so I'll also be dodging flying players. Whee.

B - 1 Eggo Nutri-Grain Low-Fat whole grain waffle with 1 tbsp peanut butter.
S - 1 6 oz tub Yoplait yogurt
L - Malt-O-Meal with 1 tbsp peanut butter (I'm addicted to the stuff this week!)
S - 1 small apple and 1 cup cantaloupe, and 1 South Beach high Protein bar.
D - 2 Oscar Mayer light beef hot dogs on buns, 1/4 cup 2% cheese, and a serving of oven-baked fries. And a Skinny Cow ice cream bar - the 100 calorie vanilla truffle kind.

Takes me to 1,654 calories for today...
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #47  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Friday:
B - raisin bran, milk
S - apple
L - well, it looks like I'm stuck in a lunch meeting again, so it will be two slices of pizza
S - minneola, yogurt
D - planning on a tofu broccoli stir-fry over rice
Total - will update later, but I'm estimating about 1500
Exercise - planning on a 3 mile run, fingers crossed that the warmer temps will melt the snow by the time I get home, at least enough for me to use the sidewalk
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

E~30 minutes on the treadmill
B~2 slices 22 toast (dry), 4 dates
S~apple
L~tuna sandwich, small salad
D~not sure. We might go out. DS has his Karate black belt pre-test tonight and parents are not allowed to attend. We could either drop him off and head home or hit a restaurant and I'm thinking a restaurant sounds much nicer.

This weekend, I will dedicate myself to doing a 2 week menu for all 14 nights of dinners and then will buy the non-perishables for the menu. I figure if I have it all on hand I'll be more likely to stick to it. I really hate having to run to the store when I don't have an ingredient. It used to be I could send DD to get it for me but she's off in her own life now! I guess I can't wait until DS can drive. Oh, my, what did I just say?!?!

Glory~I congratulate you for running! I feel really crappy about my workouts. Yes, I am doing them faithfully, but rarely do I do any running. And to think I was running 2 miles 3 times a week just a year ago. Now I generally do a minimum of 4.2 mph on various inclines--today I stuck to 4.0, but when I do a hill climb it will go up to 11.1 or more depending on what I choose. I did manage to do over 5 minutes today at 4.5 mph. I hope you're able to solve your blistering problem.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #49  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Plan for tomorrow - do not eat feelings. They gave my aunt 4 months (without treatment) to 12 months (with treatment). In all likelihood, I missed the very last Thanksgiving we will have with her, the one who hosted it. I am so incredibly sad.

So with that, here's the plan.

B - Egg whites, veggies, turkey bacon, orange
S - Deli turkey w/ pickle spears and laughing cow
L - Turkey meatloaf and brussels sprouts
S - Apple w/ PB, Yogurt
S - Hummus and Veggies
D - Chicken skewer, roasted butternut squash, steamed broccoli
S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 60 min elliptical, 60 min strength circuits
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
Plan for tomorrow - do not eat feelings. They gave my aunt 4 months (without treatment) to 12 months (with treatment). In all likelihood, I missed the very last Thanksgiving we will have with her, the one who hosted it. I am so incredibly sad.
Amanda, a couple years ago my aunt also was diagnosed with lung cancer, and had a similar time frame. No one ever told me a time frame, but I knew enough to know. I guess I'm just trying to say I understand. I wish the best for your aunt and family, regardless of what happens.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:46 PM   #51  
Workin' It

Amanda - I'm so sorry about your aunt. I'm sure she knows how much you love her, even if you had to miss the holiday, but I also know that doesn't make it any easier for you to think about. You and your family are in my thoughts.

I exercised again yesterday, did 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of various leg exercises. Tried some ab work and it pulled things I wasn't comfortable pulling yesterday. I'll try those again today.

Today:
Exercise: planning 3 mile walk at the park, whatever else I can.

B: Smoothie, coffee
S: string cheese
L: grilled chicken sandwich no mayo
S: apple - I will eat it today, I swear. It has been in my desk all week.
S: Kashi Go Lean
D: ground turkey breast over rice
S: skinny cow of some kind or another

I have a bridal shower luncheon and dinner for my mom's birthday tomorrow so I'm not holding out hope for it being a good day.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #52  
Working My Way Back Down

Amanda. So hard not to use food for many of us. You can do it!

B - cheerios with blueberries, walnuts, skim milk; ww toast;
S - apple and cheese
L - leftovers from last night's dinner
S - cottage cheese and strawberries
D - salmon in some form, veggies, starch

Ex: an active rest day, i.e. square dancing
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Thanks for the Engos tip!

When my stepfather died in November, I had to keep reminding myself that sad calories count too.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Friday

B - Trader Joe's low fat Greek yogurt, 6 oz package of fresh blackberries (on sale!)

L - big salad with leafy greens, pomegranate seeds, chicken, a few pumpkin seeds, shredded red cabbage, carrot shreddies, a few crunchy onions and Trader Joe's fat free balasalmic vinaigrette

S - no sugar added cocoa

S - tangelo

S - string cheese, mini dill pickles

D - Leftover lamb curry over quinoa, with steamed brussel sprouts. The lamb curry turned out FABULOUS (well, the lamb was a little dry, but I was late getting home from work and it sat in the crockpot an extra hour). My body was uh, surprised by large number of apricots and there was definitely a reaction. I'm still going to eat the leftovers and make it again! Viva La Regular!

Treadmill - 40 minutes
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #55  
Workin' It

Yesterday was terrible foodwise. I did exercise though...

Saturday:
Exercise: 25 mins lower body exercise, 30 mins elliptical
B: Smoothie
L: Bridal shower at Olive Garden - chicken gnoichi soup and salad, two breadsticks, 1/4 of a piece of publix sheet cake (which promptly made me sick when I got home... )
S: some fried bacon product that my grandmother insisted I try - they called it 'hogjow' I think? Basically really thick sliced bacon fried to a crisp.
D: Mom's birthday gathering - she made homeade pizza of which I had two slices (let's just say it is covered with all the stuff I don't eat anymore and leave it at that), large salad that I ate first in an effort to prevent the two slices of pizza, slice of three layer homeade white chocolate cake (which didn't make me sick - don't know why the fancy cake was fine and dandy but the Publix cake did such bad things...)
S: to stay awake on the drive back from mom's I had a 1/2 of grande nonfat Vanilla Rooibos latte from Starbucks

I tried to estimate the calories of all of that and stopped at 2350 because I just didn't want to know. Mom's birthday yesterday plus MIL's last Wednesday made for a bad week for me...

Today:
Exercise: 30 mins ab and leg exercises, 30 mins elliptical HIIT, 30 mins helping DH move furniture
B: none, slept too late
L: PB&J, yoplait whips keylime pie, 1 rold gold pretzel stick
S: air popped popcorn
D: enchiladas made with ground white turkey, rice, unsalted tortilla chips and salsa
S: skinny cow caramel vanilla cone
Today came in 250 calories under plan in an effort to make up some of yesterday's insanity...

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 02-08-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote