• E~45 minute cross training on the treadmill
    B~coffee, grapefruit
    S~nuts if I'm hungry
    L~diet frozen entree, small clementine
    S~yogurt
    D~fish taco (see? not plural!)
    S~(while cooking if needed) carrots and pea pods without any dip
  • 5am: hang power cleans (@ 70lbs)
    Breakfast: 2 Coffees (soy milk, 2 tsp sugar)
    Breakfast (again): Wrap (ezekial wrap, turkey, mustard, spinach), 1 cup carrots
    Snack: Diced tomato with 1 oz skim cheese & balsamic vinegar
    Lunch: ? some sort of tilapia meal (probably tilapia & broccoli)
    After Lunch run: Will do a 5k run to pre for a race this month
    Snack: Protein shake
    Dinner: Will make crock pot salsa chicken with rice

School was cancelled today so I've got lots of time to do all this, lol Or else I'd just be having a sandwich for lunch & no run
  • Good Morning, Maintainers! It's raining here and my elliptical is still broken, but I bought myself a variety of exercise DVDs to keep me going. Including 30 Day Shred. I am now developing a love/hate relationship with Jillian. It's good, though...shake up the routine. Anyone know who I call to get an elliptical repair out here?

This past weekend was OP (first time in a while) and my scale has settled. Also, according to my HRM, I've had deficit enough to lose a pound since Friday, so thats good. We're still over red line, but it'll take a couple weeks. At least I'm in striking distance, now.

B - English muffin pizza w/ TURKEY BACON (switching for canadian bacon isn't really mixing it up much...sigh)
    S - Orange
    L - Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup w/ Sour Cream, sprinkle of light cheddar
    S - Popcorn
    S - Greek yogurt w/ frozen mixed berries
    D - Grilled chicken skewers, steamed broccoli, and an experiment...roasted vegetable quinoa. I'm basically going to cook some red quinoa and try to get a little drier than normal, than add in roasted eggplant, squash, pepper, and onion. It works really well with couscous, so we'll see
    S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 45 min tae bo, 20 min BL Cardio, 30DS Level 2
  • Went to "the big city" yesterday and stocked up on tons of healthy food. Yogurt was on sale for .40 per container, and since I buy mine here in podunk for .80 or more a container I bought 30! The checker at the grocery store definitely thought I was nuts. However I didn't have time to prep fancy things for my (as usual) busy week. I'll cook this weekend.

Monday's plan:
    B - mini ww bagel, 1 T. light cream cheese, 1 oz. lox, 1 c. sk milk, coffee w/ 1 T h&h
    S - cranberry relish
    L - lean cuisine, pineapple
    S - almonds, yogurt, carrot
    gym if I'm able - have to be at home to sign for a delivery from 2-5. How annoying.
    D - leftover baked salmon and light scalloped potatoes, maybe salad too
  • Came in way under calories yesterday both with eating and exercise... Spent 4 hours putting away Christmas decorations, which burned 486 cals according to my HRM... (though I know I have to deduct what I would have burned just by sitting on the sofa from than number, right?), I also vacuumed and cleaned the hardwood after the decorations were up, then went to the park and did 2.5 of mixed walking and running. I did run an entire mile, then the better part of the second one - about 3/4 of it I think... I didn't eat much with all of the cleaning, but then had three pieces of thin crust pizza for dinner. So, under calories but way way over in sodium. I can feel that in my rings and my waistband today...

Today:
    Exercise: Done - 35 mins cardio yoga (154 cals by HRM), 10 miles on stationary bike (205 cals by HRM)

B: Smoothie, sleigh ride flavored coffee: 1tsp raw sugar: 1tbsp vanilla spiced rum creamer
    S: apple
    S: string cheese
    L: grilled chicken sandwich, tangelo
    S: kashi go lean
    S: probably another tangelo (got a box for Christmas still working on)
    D: either turkey sausage over rice or spaghetti, maybe some frozen veggie blend of some kind or the other
    S: peanut butter graham cracker
  • Hey all

After spending nearly a month in Texas since before Thanksgiving, I am so ready for this thread. I need to be COMFY in my business suits pants the last week of February - so I have about 6 weeks for OPERATION BUSINESS SUIT.

Sunday:
    Breafkast - 2 blueberry kashi waffles, 1 with natural peanut butter, one with cherry butter

Lunch - Chipotle - chicken bol, no beans. Chicken, rice, tons of romaine, 2 scoops of pico, side order of guacamole (ate half of the guac)

snack - tall skinny cinnamon dolci latte and the CUTEST little red velvet cupcake from Starbucks (it really was the perfect cupcake size)

snack - orange

Dinner - bbq chicken salad - tons of romaine, broccoli slaw, shredded carrots, grape tomatoes, a little roasted corn, chicken breast, bbq sauce, a little bit of fat free ranch, a few crunchy tortilla strips for crunch

Snack - green tea with a big spoon of honey

Monday

Breafkast - 2 blueberry kashi waffles, 1 with natural peanut butter, one with cherry butter

Snack - about 1.5 cups of fresh cherries

Lunch - was freezing so didn't feel like salad, had a medium size tomato soup and a kalamata olive roll

snack - 1 small orange/dark chocolate Godiva truffle (should have resisted, but only ate 1!)

snack - orange

snack - string cheese, dill pickles

Dinner -2 egg omelet stuffed with spinach, grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts, red onions, garlic, topped with green salsa

*NEXT DAY EDIT* I was still starving after dinner, so I had a cup of green tea with a spoon of honey and a 110 calorie biscotti. A little irritated, it was an okay day calorie-wise for maintenance, but I don't think it was a very good day calorie-wise for weight loss.
  • You can do it Glory!

B - cheerios, walnuts, craisins, skim milk; toast;
    S - ff latte
    L - leftover shepherd's pie, 1/4 avocado
    S - 3 Lorna Doone cookies, ooops.....
    S - applesauce with flax seed
    D - pork loin, brown rice, broccoli or peas
  • Glory, I'm sure you'll get it done and your suit will be fabulous on you!

Today's plan: Run (done)
    Food:
    Bagel, peanut butter, coffee with stevia
    Apple
    Kofta curry, tortilla, veggies in vinegar
    banana
    Black bean burrito, fixins
  • Howdy folks!

Today:

3 mile run (1 mile warm up, 2 miles of sprint/recovery intervals---I'm kicking my own rear these days....guess my trainer has rubbed off on me!)
    oatmeal with protein powder, apricots, walnuts
    cottage cheese, blueberries
    turkey sandwich, raw veggies
    yogurt, apple
    ground turkey w/salsa over steamed veggies
    protein shake
  • Josephine, kofta curry? I'm drooling!

Tuesday:
    B - muesli, milk
    S - banana
    L - leftover minestrone soup
    S - apple, yogurt
    D - salad w/lf dressing, rice, chicken in tomato sauce with green beans
    Total - 1400!
    Exercise - 45 mins Tae Bo
  • I got my 3+ mile walk/jog in this morning.

B~grapefruit
    S~carrots & pea pods
    L~lean cuisine, small clementine
    S~yogurt
    D~ham, eggs, hash browns, ww English muffin, cantaloupe
  • Good morning -
    I slipped yesterday and my evening snack turned out to be a Reese's Peanut Butter Tree that I had hidden from myself in the freezer... I also had a SBD bar late in the workday that was in my desk drawer because I was starving... Calories came in for the day at around 1985. I'm consoling myself with the fact that I came in at 1388 on Sunday and my target goal is 1850.

Today:
    Exercise - run after work if the rain stops. Would like to add another .5 mile of walking to get up to 3 miles. If still raining, elliptical trainer and strength training when I get home!

B: Smoothie, sleigh ride coffee: 1 tsp raw sugar: 1 tbsp vanilla spiced rum creamer
    S: string cheese, apple
    L: grilled chicken sandwich
    S: tangelo
    S: kashi go lean
    D: spaghetti with ground white turkey red sauce
    S: peanut butter graham cracker
  • Shannon~gosh aren't those trees wonderful? I had two in my pantry...thinking I'd have a bite if anyone ate one...my DS ate BOTH last night and didn't' offer me the bite. Oh, well, it's for the best.
  • Morning, all!

Paperclippy, I just bought a tae bo DVD...holy heck, it kicked my rear. I really feel like my fitness level is benefitting from mixing my regular routine up with these videos (though I do miss my elliptical!)

Yesterday was OP and the HRM said I had a 1000 calorie deficit...not sure if thats ENTIRELY accurate but I did workout out pretty hard. ANY deficit is good for getting me back under that redline.

B - English muffin pizza w/ turkey bacon
    S - Greek yogurt w/ mixed berries
    L - Leftovers - Grilled chicken skewer, steamed broccoli, roasted veggie and quinoa pilaf
    S - Wafer crackers w/ laughing cow, Orange
    S - Popcorn
    D - Baked pork tenderloin, butternut squash cubes, green beans w/ lemon and garlic
    S - NSA Ice Cream Bar

E - 20 min step intervals on the step outside, 60 min total body weight lifting w/ Jackie Warner (cardio/lifting intervals), maybe 20 more min straight up cardio if my body isn't done yet.