Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 06-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #1  
Meg

Smile No Excuses! Food and Exercise Accountability 6/30 - 7/6

Last edited by Meg; 12-13-2016 at 06:55 PM.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:05 AM   #2  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

My food negotiation for this week: we have a big pile of mint from our CSA, and DH wants me to make mint sorbet! At least it will be sorbet, not ice cream.

Today's plan:
B - raisin bran, milk
S - banana
L - leftover veggie poblano casserole
S - nectarine, yogurt
D - cooking light chicken with summer vegetable pasta, salad
Exercise - 30 min walk with dog, 20 min arm strength, 20 min stretching.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi dear Maintainers!

Meg, those scrum-del-e-iscious cherries have gotten to me more then once. Gosh, they're good!

For the first time in ages, I was POP all weekend. We did go to the beach yesterday, left early though as the weather was threatening. So, everyone decided to "go for pizza". And french fries. And falafel balls. And soda. I sat there very discreetly eating my yogurt and Fiber One. It felt marvelous.

Later in the day we went for frozen yogurt. I had a kids' sized portion (still large) of fat free/sugar free cookies n' cream. It was yummy. About 80 calories, or so they say.

We were heading home and my DD and my DH wanted to go out for dinner. For chinese. I was really not looking to do this. I talked them into calling ahead and having them pack up one dish & an egg roll, for the 2 of them to share at home. And they went for it! I came home and made a HUGE salad with tuna.

POP!! Hoping today will be more of the same. Make it a good one everyone.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 162 / 146 / 135(?)

Height: 5'10"

My food negotiations: 3 days at Cape Cod! As I wrote in the chat, there will definitely be many a temptation, including burgers, beer and wine, and the wonderful wonderful ice cream from the local ice cream store. But this is a healthy crew we hang out with, so there will also be lots of fruit, yogurt, whole grain bread and cereals, lean deli meat, vegetables, and lobster and oysters (yum!). Plus there's a great place to run right across the street, so I think I will have a Zen-like weekend - enjoy all in moderation and be sure to log at least 8 miles over the weekend!

I did well this past weekend until last night. I got too hungry before dinner, and then couldn't stop eating after dinner. Lesson learned!

Cherries - yum!

B: High fiber cereal with fruit
S: String cheese and apple
L: Salad with chicken and tons of veggies
S: Gnu bar and almonds
D: Whole grain pasta with tuna and tomatoes
S: Fage yogurt with strawberries and honey

Off day for exercise.
DaringDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 AM   #5  
Chuggin' along...

Robin, WTG on eating your yogurt & fiber one and feeling so good about it! Major accomplishment!

Meg, those cherries are GOOD! But you're so right, it's nice to crave fruit instead of cookies.

I need accountability this week! My goal was to relax last weekend after a stressful week, so I wasn't strict with myself. I had some extra bites when I wasn't hungry, a little ice cream Saturday night, a beer Sunday (beer! ). So now I'm relaxed, back to it! I have Friday off from work and a friend's annual 4th of July party. Everyone brings a dish and there is always TONS of delicious food. My strategy is to get in lots of exercise this week & weekend, eat at "losing" calorie levels all week, and then just try to make good choices and stop eating when I'm full Friday. Usually there is lots of alcohol involved. I might indulge b/c I haven't drank much of anything lately. We'll see what mood I'm in. If I do, it will be lower-cal beverage choices.

Monday:
B - Western Alt. bagel, 1 1/2 T. light cream cheese, 1/2 oz. lox, 1 c. skim milk, coffee w/ 1 T. h&h
S - 2 kiwis
L - Chinese Chicken Salad (Ellie Krieger recipe)
Snacks throughout afternoon - 6 oz lf/ff yogurt, 1 oz. raw sunflower seeds, med. apple
gym - NRLW Stage 7 workout, ~45 min. elliptical
post-gym (if needed) - homemade protein muffin
dinner - leftovers (?) - homemade pizza, salad w/ lt. dressing
goal for this evening - If I must have something sweet, eat 1 homemade sf ff chocolate pudding pop (35 cals). Nothing else. Don't eat if I'm not hungry!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Monday Morning. Weight is way, way up. I'm sure it has a little to do with the Good & Plenty I had at the movies yesterday (went to see Wall-E).

Today's plan:
B~egg whites (1/2 c) plus 1/2 oz shredded cheddar and 1 packet Del Taco Del Scorcho sauce
S~nothing planned but water
L~2 homemade fish tacos (1 piece fish, lots of shredded cabbage and tomatoes and a dab of fiesta sour cream on ww tortillas each), yogurt
S~nothing planned
D~southwest salad (Romaine, corn, black beans, chicken, tomatoes, peppers, onion)

And I'm trying to get my brain around getting up at 4:30 again to do my morning jogging. It's rather hard to get out there when it's already 85 degrees but I've got to do something--my Wii Fit workouts, while they seem to be strengthening me, aren't doing enough cardio-wise.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

The weekend came in POP both for food and exercise (but then, I'm always POP for exercise, it's food that can be the problem )

Today I'm going to be off-plan for dinner, but that should be the only meal I'm off for. Due to timing issues, I may end up having to skip an afternoon snack, which will make a little more room for it. I've been invited to enjoy the Giants vs. Cubs game from the luxury box of one of our client's. I'm sure there will be lots of tempting food. I hope to enjoy it in moderation but I'm not going to try to not eat anything. These invites don't come along too often; one night off plan isn't going to be the end of the world. Plus, I'm going to have to eat something and it would be a huge faux pas to bring my own food (I can do that when it's just my SO or a couple of friends, but not at a business event).

So far we don't have any holiday plans, so the rest of the week should be POP (or at least I have no excuses for it not being that way ).

Meg, I love cherries! I usually cook with them, rather than just eating them plain (although I do like them that way). You can make a great sauce for chicken with 12 oz pitted and diced cherries (or a mixture of cherries and other stone fruit, such as plums or apricots), 1/4 cup red wine, 1/4 tsp cumin (or more to taste), 1/8 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp red pepper, and 1 tbsp jelly. Put it all in a small saucepan and simmer until the fruit is mushy, about 5 or 10 min. This makes 4 servings at about 80 calories each.

Other things that I do with cherries include stirring them into the batter for your Fiber One Muffins, stirring them into hot cereal (add them at the end of the cooking time, so they get a little warm and mushy but not complete liquefied), stirring them into chocolate FF SF jello pudding, or adding them to Glory's pumpkin brown rice pudding.

Last edited by BlueToBlue; 06-30-2008 at 01:03 PM.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #8  
Chuggin' along...

Barbara, in the interest of capturing all of these recipes we toss around to each other, I copied and pasted your cherry sauce into the "our favorite recipes" sticky at the top of the forum. I hope you don't mind. It sounds yummy!
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

everyone!

I am back from Vegas, having made acceptable choices (I ate a LOT of things that I wouldn't otherwise eat...like stopping at the Mad Greek in Barstow for a gyro and a strawberry shake...but balanced them well with the rest of my meals for the day...by eating half a bowl of steel cut oatmeal with bananas for breakfast and a bowl of Wor Wonton Soup for dinner). I don't know how, but the scale is right where I left it, even after rehydrating from the plane, so I'm thinking I did OK.

Today:

B - Oatmeal w/ protein powder
S - WW tortilla spread w/ laughing cow
L - Alternative Bagel tuna melt w/ reduced fat cheddar
S - Popcorn
S - Greek yogurt popsicles w/ blackberries and peaches
D - Turkey breast meatloaf, roasted potato wedges, and steamed broccoli
S - 1/2 cup roasted pineapple w/ NSA vanilla ice cream

E - 20 min yoga, 55 min elliptical
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:43 PM   #10  
Working My Way Back Down

I had a decent weekend food-wise. Sat morning was the library's 5K Race for Technology, which I was in charge of. I'm sure I did more than 5K's worth of running around. Then in the afternoon DH and I went to an event called "Art on Fire" which again included lots of walking around. Yesterday was strictly errands, and I didn't sit down after church til about 5 in the afternoon.

B - cheerios with 5 walnut halves and 1% milk, 1/2 peach, toast
S - 2 mini-quiches, 15-20 grapes (both at a 3 hour meeting)
L - leftover salmon pasta
S - 20 cherries (they are soooo good )
S - if needed, cottage cheese with 3 berry mix (strawberry, raspberry, blueberry)
D - leftover baked beans, turkey bratwurst, salad
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:05 AM   #11  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Tomorrow's plan:

B - Alternative Bagel w/ laughing cow and turkey
S - Cantaloupe and Watermelon
L - Leftovers - Turkey meatloaf, broccoli, and roasted potato
S - Greek yogurt and blackberry/peach popsicles
S - Popcorn
D - Chicken Fajita Salad w/ grilled veggies, black beans, olives, baked corn tortilla crumbles, and fat free sour cream dressing
S - Grilled Peach or Nectarine w/ NSA Ice Cream

E - 50 min elliptical, 60 min strength training
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #12  
3 + years maintaining

Monday was a winner, POP that is. Though come to think of it, exercise WAS a little under par. I was feeling awfully lethargic and listless for some reason mid afternnoon. I've got me a nice little string of POP days going. Will NOT ruin it today. Will not. Will not. Will not. (No really, I won't, given it's not the weekend )
Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #13  
Mel

Back OP for me, but boy was I HUNGRY yesterday! I guess that's the price for mindless eating on the weekend.

Cardio done, legs today.
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm still not quite on plan. Most of the day is great but I'm giving in to the one handful of peanuts, one small square of 84% chocolate voice. I really only want to eat those things when I plan for them.

Today's plan:
Pre-walk lift - Emergen-C packet
B - gardenburger sausage, Bob's 5 grain with flax, fresh raspberries & unsweetened almond milk
S - soy jerky
L - leftover chickpea, cauliflower, chard curry
S - suzie's thin cakes & laughing cow
D - grilled veggies, chorizo smart sausage
S - strawberry rhubarb compote

already walked 45 minutes, another 30 minute walk at lunch, 40 minutes yoga
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:40 AM   #15  
3 + years maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel View Post
Back OP for me, but boy was I HUNGRY yesterday! I guess that's the price for mindless eating on the weekend.

Cardio done, legs today.

Glad to hear you're back on plan. No surprise there.

It's funny, I had forgotten until you mentioned it. Yesterday was one of the hungriest days that I can recall having in months and months and months. Not sure why as my eating has been pretty good for a few days now. And even when it's not, I'm not usually THAT hungry.