Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #1  
Meg

Default A No Excuses Week -- Join Us!

Robin, Gary, and I were all posting in the weekly thread about our recent struggles with food and weight gain, so we've all committed to a 100% on-plan week with no excuses.

Our mottos are:

Make an effort - not an excuse!!

If you want it, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse.

Perfection is not required, but anything less than excellence is an excuse.

Anyone is welcome to join in who wants to commit to seven on-plan days, no excuses.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #2  
Meg

And I want to make a commitment to you:

If I choose to eat something off-plan, I will come here first to this thread, tell you what I'm going to do, and tell you WHY it's more important to me to eat XXX than it is to fit into my summer pants. In other words, I have to articulate the reasons for my bad choice before I do it, rather than just giving in to momentary temptation.

Let's see if I can make it through the week without having to 'fess up!!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:42 AM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post

If I choose to eat something off-plan, I will come here first to this thread, tell you what I'm going to do, and tell you WHY it's more important to me to eat XXX than it is to fit into my summer pants. In other words, I have to articulate the reasons for my bad choice before I do it, rather than just giving in to momentary temptation.
I like this. I like this. This really should be one of my "new rules" that I incorporate into my life right now. If I am going to eat _____, I must first come here and explain my reason for doing so.

So of course, I'm in......
Old 04-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Oh, I'm in all right!!!!

I still have just a few pounds I want to lose and I know that if I stay on plan, I can get there!

No excuses!!
Old 04-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #5  
Mel

I also have been having a terrible time with food. I made this promise to myself earlier this morning to have a no excuses ten days (I'm going away for 5 days after that, no promises for those days ).

Having thought about it all day, I'm now committing to all of you as well.

Mel
Old 04-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #6  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I want/need to join. I've had several bad days the last couple of weeks. More bad food days than good food days. Today was a perfectly on plan day, I just need to be consistent and have more of those (seven more of those to start with!).

I'm committing to you all that I will stay on plan, with no excuses!
Old 04-27-2008, 10:15 PM   #7  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

I'm in! I already have lunches and dinners planned for the whole week and I have no meals out this week, so I have no excuses for not being POP.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #8  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread just before the beginning of my week. The thought of justifing a handful of goldfish crackers with a peanut butter chaser already has me blushing. I NEED to do this too. Seven days. I can do that. I've already rid the house of all the kiddy carbs. I wish I could say that I threw them out.

Okay. Workouts for the week outlined, menus in place, iPod loaded with new tunes, post workout drink mixed. I'm ready.
Old 04-27-2008, 11:22 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am going to start tomorrow......or Tuesday....or.....
Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #10  
3 + years maintaining

I know we gotta take it one week at a time, but I need 28 days of no excuses.

All right, but we gotta start somewhere and I am very psyched about this upcoming 7 days of NO EXCUSES.

I am commiting to each and everyone of you that I will stay on plan, no extra nibbles here or there (or big nibbles here, there and everywhere) - no excuses - perfectly on plan. I will keep you guys (& this thread) & my commitment to stay on plan -no matter what- in mind all day & night long.

There's strength in numbers, right? And we're all in this together. Let the games begin.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:15 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

I will try - my work conference starts Thursday night - let's see how I do.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:42 AM   #12  
Meg

It's great to have so many people join in! I know that I do much better when I'm accountable to someone ... then I can't play those little mind games with myself. Those "excuses" for why it's OK to eat off-plan: I'm tired, it was a rough day, my knees hurt, I deserve it, the cookie was already broken. Knowing that I would have to come here and explain my reasons for eating something off-plan really kept me in line yesterday!! I had a funny feeling that my excuses wouldn't sound quite so compelling to someone else.

So I had a great, A+, on-plan day yesterday. Calories were perfect, got in my hour of cardio. Today is planned in Fitday and the gym opens at 5:30 am. The plan is a shoulder workout and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I'll do 30 minutes on the bike at home later today.

And no BLTs! (bits, licks, and tastes)

It was so weird to get up this morning and NOT weigh myself and write it down! I'm sure I'll be back to daily weighing but I just want to get one good week under my belt first.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 04-28-2008, 07:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/135/140

Height: 5'8"

Too bad I didn't see this thread yesterday morning before church, we had a meal afterward and ate what I know I shouldn't have, mmm carrot cake. But, today is a new day and I'm so doing this challenge. Great idea!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #14  
3 + years maintaining

Meg, our fearless leader - GREAT GOING!

Okay, I'm all rearin' to go.

Passover is OVER!!!!! Not that that was an excuse of course, .

Yogurt's in the freezer. Tea is cooling down and will be ready to drink momentarily. Fully stocked with veggies, veggie burgers, chicken breasts, salmon. No junk lying around.

And I will not be buying grapes this week. I tend to overeat them. I have no problem overeating healthy stuff - but not this week.

And I too can not face the scale. I definitely still consider myself a daily weigher, but it is not happening this week. I'm not putting my head in the sand, mind you. I'm fully AWARE of my "overweight-ness". No scale needed. I've got - oh no - (cue the scary movie music) MUFFIN TOP!!! I haven't had that in a loooong time. And ya know what, I don't care for it much.

Very much looking forward to this 7 day "challenge". The idea of having to tell each and every one of you (so glad to have you all here with me) my "reasoning" for an extra this and that is really going to keep my in check. Right? Right!

Meg, and yup, it's those darn BLT's (LOVE that expression, well the expression, not the actual doing of it) that do me in. But not today.....

TTYL folks.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:30 AM   #15  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Good morning. Yesterday was a good day for me. No exercise, but my food was perfectly on plan. Whew! It's been several weeks since I could say that. Today is a state holiday, so I'm off work. I'm about to head to the gym, after I drop DS off at school. My cupboards are stocked, but I haven't planned today's meals yet. I've never really done that, but I may be more proactive this week and do it to be sure to stay on plan.

Have a great day ladies. I sure hope you don't see me on here in a few hours explaining why I need that spoonful of peanut butter.
Closed Thread