1. Color? pale and bright yellow, sky blue, lavendar
2. Season? Spring....the end of the cold, grey winter...everything is coming back to life...love the birds, the flowers, just the feeling in the air -- beautiful and full of hope. I even love the rain and the thunderstorms.
3. Animal? Dogs. I'm a huge dog lover.
4. Place to shop? Anthropologie (expensive, but lovely)
5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Montana
6. Food? carrots, salmon, lamb, fruit (any kind), chickpeas, chocolate
7. Book? I think my favorite book is still "out there"...but I love Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier, On the Beach by Nevil Shute, and poems by the great, (largely undiscovered) Alden Nowlan.
8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? cooking, snuggling up to my dogs, watching old movies
9. TV channel? TCM -- I'm a huge lover of old movies.
10. Movie? Lost in Translation, Breakfast at Tiffany's, From Here To Eternity (could go on forever...)
11. Actors? Daniel Day-Lewis, Montgomery Clift, Ralph Fiennes
12. Actresses? Greer Garson, Natalie Wood, Geena Davis
13. Type of music? Pop/rock/alternative/folk
14. Sport to play or watch? Tennis and figure skating
2. Season? (and why) Late Spring - best produce, AND everything is so pretty.
3. Animal? I never know how to answer this question. I do love dogs.
4. Place to shop? For clothes - White House Black Market. I also get crazy excited at Ikea.
5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Tie between Banff, Canada (sooooo gorgeous) and Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo, Mexico (gorgeous in a different way).
6. Food? (hmm...pick 5 ) Oh, gosh! Cupcakes (not healthy, but they'll never NOT be a part of my life. I know that sounds weird, but I have a -thing- about cupcakes), asparagus, greek yogurt, sourdough bread, and filet mignon.
7. Book? I'm picking 3. Ender's Game, The Demon in the Freezer, The Book of Joe.
8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? A good book or some TV series on DVD.
9. TV channel? Bravo!
10. Movie? (pick three) I'm going to pick three RECENT ones, because I like so many...Sweeney Todd, Juno, and Little Miss Sunshine.
11. Actors? Johnny Depp.
12. Actresses? Sarah loves Queen Latifah. I'm pretty partial to Katherine Moennig, but no one knows who she is.
13. Type of music? Showtunes. But for exercise, punk, rock, and a little bit of cheesy hip hop
14. Sport to play or watch? I never really got into sports. Though I do like bocce ball.
15. Time of day? 7pm - time to relax and finish cooking. I love cooking.
2. Season? (and why) It used to be fall, but now I'm thinking spring, because the temperatures are comfortable and everything is blooming!
3. Animal? Dogs.
4. Place to shop? Anne Taylor Loft
5. Place you've visited/traveled to? This is a toughie. Of the major trips I've taken, I'd probably say either Port Douglas, Australia, or Hong Kong. Of more minor trips, I quite enjoyed my weekend in St. Louis, and I love Santa Barbara and the California central coast too.
6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Dessert? All kinds of dessert? Cherry pie, ice cream, cookies, cake, frosting, brownies, chocolate . . . For the non-dessert (or semi-dessert) side, candied yams, noodle kugel, my parents' matzoh ball soup, strawberries, tacos from El Torito
7. Book? I can't pick just one! Kushiel's Dart, The Bone Doll's Twin, Melusine, Brethren: Raised by Wolves vol 1, Heart of Darkness
8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Laying in the sun reading a book.
9. TV channel? Animal Planet
10. Movie? (pick three) Independence Day, Beauty and the Beast, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
11. Actors? Will Smith, Johnny Depp
12. Actresses? ...I'm blanking. Nicole Kidman?
13. Type of music? J-pop and J-rock.
14. Sport to play or watch? Play: running Watch: gymnastics
15. Time of day? 2pm, if I don't have to be at work
2. Season? (and why) Summer. I love having daylight into the evenings and I love being warm and not having to wear a coat. And now that I am at my goal weight, I love wearing sleeveless shirts, short skirts, and strappy sandals.
3. Animal? cats
4. Place to shop? Anne Taylor, Anne Taylor Loft, Talbots, and Target. For workout clothes, Athleta and Title Nine. Also, The Container Store--I love the feeling of potential I have when I'm in there. Somewhere in that store is the perfect solution to all my problems, if I could just find it.
5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Pueblo Bonita Pacifica Holistic Resort and Spa in Cabos San Lucas. It's like paradise.
6. Food? I consider raspberries to be God's most perfect food. Apricots, asparagus, mushrooms, kohlrabi, and cauliflower are all a close second. Lately I've been on a tofu kick. Peanut butter and cashews. Indian food and sushi. In terms of dessert, anything chocolate.
7. Book? Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and the entire Nero Wolfe mystery series.
8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Some alone time—a favorite meal, a glass of wine, and a favorite TV show or movie
9. TV channel? No one particular channel, by my favorite show is The Daily Show.
10. Movie? (pick three) Grosse Pointe Blank, The A&E version of Pride and Prejudice, and Wild at Heart
11. Actors? John Cusack, Colin Firth, Hugh Grant, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, Harrison Ford, Dennis Leary, Nicholas Cage
12. Actresses? Jennifer Garner, Jodi Foster, Meg Ryan,
13. Type of music? I'm all over the place. Folk, some country, rock, some hip hop and rap, dance, 80's, pop.
14. Sport to play or watch? Baseball, but just to watch. I won't play it to save my life.
Oh Barbara, someone else who loves Animal Dreams! I like all her books, but that's my absolute favorite!
1. Color? Rose, fushia, whatever you call that shade of pink - but not pastel pink.
2. Season? (and why) Summer. It's the very best Alaska has to offer.
3. Animal? Cats, and um, cats. Dogs a distant third.
4. Place to shop? Land's End, J. Jill, Coldwater Creek
5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Oh, so hard to choose. I loved England, and Australia, and Costa Rica. I really like the scenery in the SW. I think from the "best trip" side, England.
6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) Pasta of any variety, Chinese, Thai
7. Book? Hey, I work in a library - you want me to choose??? Love mysteries. I don't like Science Fiction.
8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? Read, play computer games. If I had a hot tub, that'd be #1, but I can't convince DH.
9. TV channel? Well, we don't have cable, so I'm really limited. I enjoy surfing them all when I'm in a hotel. Love to catch the home and garden channel, and any of the DIY stuff, plus I can always count on finding a Law & Order to watch.
10. Movie? (pick three) McCabe & Mrs. Miller, Princess Bride, Something About Mary. Haven't seen a lot of newer ones....
11. Actors? see 10
12. Actresses? See 10
13. Type of music? Country, old rock (like 60's)
14. Sport to play or watch? Baseball to watch. Volleyball or croquet to play
15. Time of day? Evening.
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Pooh
1. Color? To wear - STILL black, I just can't help it. For other stuff, probably green.
2. Season? (and why) A toughie. I love spring and fall. Both are not too hot and not too cold. I used to hate the spring because it meant that summer was soon near. NOT a good season for a 287lb 5 foot woman, . I guess, I'll have to go with spring. Seeing those trees and flowers bloom are fabulous. And knowing that the summer is coming up, not the winter is great.
3. Animal? Sorry folks, I am just not an animal lover.
4. Place to shop? Macy's & Target (not necessarily for clothing)
5. Place you've visited/traveled to? Unfortunately, I haven't traveled much. Of the few places I"ve been - probably Bermuda.
6. Food? (hmm...pick at least a couple ) We really should have old and new choices here. I'm sure the answers would vary greatly. In the old days, it was ice cream. I still love it. I eat it so rarely that I don't even consider it a top pick anymore. Also in the old days - pasta, rice, cheesecake, chocolate pudding (and you wonder why I was so heavy )Nowadays - I do love chicken breasts and all the yummy things I make with them. Cauliflower, green beans, brussel sprouts, asparagus, salads, Fat free/sugar free yogurt. Gosh, those sound real dorky, don't they?
7. Book? Jeffrey Archer's Kane & Abel.
8. Way to relax and unwind after a hard day? A hot cup of tea and a magazine. Or that cup of tea and watching my next choice -
9. TV channel? HGTV - Home & Garden TV, that is.
10. Movie? (pick three) Shawshank Redemption, Forrest Gump -
I'm not a huge movie fan. 3 is a stretch. If pressed, maybe Grease would be my 3rd
11. Actors? I think George Clooney is really, really cute. I'm not much into movies and TV though.
12. Actresses? No one I can think of.
13. Type of music? I'm also all over the place here. I adore music. I love the old rock & roll classics and pop. I can listen to classical, jazz, show tunes, you name it.
14. Sport to play or watch? NFL Football
15. Time of day? I love the early morning. I'm an early bird and I get a lot accomplished then. I also enjoy the evenings, when I'm done with work.
Last edited by rockinrobin : 04-26-2008 at 07:41 AM.